Seen any movies lately?

I took my daughter to see 'Beautiful Kate' on the weekend.

SO impressed - there have been some good Australian movies recently, but this one was the best I've seen in many years.

I'm going to drag my husband to see 'Balibo' this weekend. He hates going to the movies, so I'll have to include dinner and a beer or two in the invitation. I hate going to the movies alone.

The one I don't think I could possibly sit through would be My Sister's Keeper (?). I find these types of movies incredibly hard to watch.

A lot of it i don't bother with until they hit DVD.

so much better value - 3 movies for $10 on weeknights.

that said, i did enjoy harry potter. maybe because i'm a fan.

angels and demons should be okay - if you can stand tom hanks.

I saw Transformers Revenge of the Fallen a couple of weeks ago. Fantastic. A lot more interaction with the Transformers than the first movie. Plot was a bit thin in places though. :p

The one I don't think I could possibly sit through would be My Sister's Keeper (?). I find these types of movies incredibly hard to watch.

I read the book and watched the movie last week. You need the tissues alright but it's very well produced. Both girls were fantastic.

I love all the Jodie Picolt books. They all have a moral theme. They certainly make you wonder what you would do in that situation. 19 minutes is my favourite.

I watch "Secret life of Bees" too. Great movie.

Anyone seen Coraline? That is NOT a kids movie.

I have seen 'My sister's keeper' and read the book a couple of years ago. The thing with Piccoult's books is that there is always a moral twist at the end. The movie however, decided they would change the ending which made for a completely different issue. Not happy Jan!

Agree travelbug, The Secret Life of Bees is a beautiful movie - and I read the book after the movie but loved the movie best. We have just come back from Bali and so have the DVD for it now.

Was thinking about Coraline - might check that one out.

And I havent seen any Harry Potter movies, and have only read the first book. Just didnt grab me, but think I am the only person in the world who thinks that apparently.

I want to see Beautiful Kate too, but it's not on anywhere close to home (only showing at the art-house type cinemas).

Also want to see Coraline. I've read the book (love Neil Gaiman's books) and have read good reviews of the movie. And that one's showing just down the road from home. :)

Haven't been to the movies for ages. We have two free passes to Hoyts to use by November, but there's never anything on there I want to see (except Coraline now, but that's the 3-D version and the passes don't cover 3-D movies :().

GP

My favourites are:

"Once upon a time in America" - it's not a movie. It's art.

"The Blues Brothers" Great music and great car chase scenes

"2001 - A Space Odyssey" Still the best Sci-fi film.

"A World Without Thieves". Great and very moving Chinese movie

"Infernal Affairs 1 & 2". Two great HK thrilller/action films

"Eat Drink Man Woman" Simple and touching Ang Lee Film before Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (which i didn't think much of)

a few others that i cannot immediatly think of as well...

Also want to see Coraline. I've read the book (love Neil Gaiman's books) and have read good reviews of the movie. And that one's showing just down the road from home. :)

how awesome is Smoke and Mirrors?

my favourite shorts in that were the cat/demon story and the one about Lucifer.

I love going to the movies. The Dendy cinema in Newtown (Sydney) is the closest cinema to me.

Last week I was in Adelaide for a day. Had meeting in the morning, and then some hours to kill before flying home.

A cinema I walked past was about to play that film Public Enemies. Not my usual sort of film, but the idea of being in an empty cinema in the middle of the day was compelling. The movie wasn't bad.

Saw the shorts to Beautiful Kate. It's on my list to see.

Johnny Depp's new movie "Public Enemies" gets 1 star.. gf and I thought it was really boring.

"Bruno" gets -1 star. Avoid at all costs..

"The hangover" gets 5 stars. One of the funniest movies I've ever seen :D

The hangover is the funniest movie i have seen in a long long time really enjoyed it, my wife came and i thought she would hate it but she has been raving about it.

The Magnum Free Gold CLass upgrade is on for those that like to go Gold Class but dont like paying Gold Class prices. You buy a normal ticket and get a free upgrade if you present a magnum wrapper, you have to print the voucher and book online.

Apparently Balibo is stunning. Horrific, but stunning.

I saw the Hangover and yes it was funny and not my normal kind of movie, but thought the Asian guy scenes were in a little poor taste.

I saw the Hangover and yes it was funny and not my normal kind of movie, but thought the Asian guy scenes were in a little poor taste.

You need to check all sense of morals and political correctness at the door when you watch such movies... and just enjoy them!

Hangover is one of the best and funniest movies i've seen in several years. The jokes were really fresh (not the same old stuff over and over), and the movie had really good pace to it - you never felt bored.

I watched the Curious Case of Benjamin Button the other night... and i really enjoyed that. However one of the BEST movies of the last 12-18 months would have to be Gran Tourino.
If you havent seen it, be prepared to cry. Clint Eastwood is a master film maker and actor.

Back