Seen any movies lately?

However one of the BEST movies of the last 12-18 months would have to be Gran Tourino.
If you havent seen it, be prepared to cry. Clint Eastwood is a master film maker and actor.

Of course, how could I forget that one! I thought it was one of the best films ever!

Not a movie...but a tv show on the ABC called The Librarians Wed nights...might be 2100hrs or could be 2130hrs IT is a HOOT!!!!

Funniest funniest crafted, put together, acting outta this universe...These guys and girls deserve an Australian Oscar or something equivalent. Love it.

Saw Hangover today. Had a few good laughs in there. Thought the guy escaping from the boot of the car was the funniest part of the film :)

Harry Potter was good, enjoyed that more than I thought I would.

Drag me to Hell was a horror film I really enjoyed watching.

I just check rotten tomatoes to get a decent idea of whether a movie is going to be a clunker.

I went to see that John Dillinger Movie "Public Enermies"
It has Johnny Depp in it... I enjoyed it. If you like old gangster movies , and car chases. Also ladies, well worth the Eye candy of Johnny looking like a real man for change...(Sorry guys)

Saw two more excellent movies this week.

District 9 & Inglorious Basterds. Hard to say which one I enjoyed more as I would gladly watch both of them again.

I would have to say the funniest movie I have ever seen is "Euro Trip". My eldest daughter and her mates watched it and raved and I thought...teen garbage, hubby watched it and raved and I thought....idiot with no taste. I watched it eventually, under protest and laughed my head off. I usually avoid movies like american pie and that type of teenage rot BUT this is a seriously funny (and incredibly rude and non pc) movie.

Enjoy (not when little kids are around)...great part with Matt Damon not as you normally see him.

"scotty doesn't know........"

We watched "The Dish" again, having not seen it for years. What a lovely, gentle but really clever movie with enough humour to lift it. We watched it three times - the actual movie, and then with the Working Dog team voice overs, one explaining the choices of locations and angles etc and another time with the voice over regarding the choice of fashion and actors.

We found it very fascinating seeing "behind the lense" issues, how they were dealt with and why things were done like they were. Anybody wanting to be involved with directing would be well advised to get this disk. Our neighbour is studying law, but wants to be a director, and we will give him the disk to watch.

A rather civilised way to spend a day, really.

I rarely go and sit in a cinema now.
I hate being distracted by noisy patrons.

Am happy to wait for movies to come out on DVD.
Recently seen

Knowing - good first half. ending could have been better.
Duplicity - probably the most convoluted plot I've ever seen but not too bad.
Righteous Kill - with DeNiro and Pacino, thought it might have been better.

Have Vinyan and Benjamin Button out this weekend.

Anyone know about watchmen, appaloosa, easy virtue?

edit: Vinyan is C grade cr@p.

Last edited:
A lot of it i don't bother with until they hit DVD.

so much better value - 3 movies for $10 on weeknights.

that said, i did enjoy harry potter. maybe because i'm a fan.

angels and demons should be okay - if you can stand tom hanks.
it gets even better on tuesdays, you can have 3 new releases for 6 bucks overnight, and old videos for 1 buck for a week

i watched death race on blue ray this tuesday, was awesome
you could see blood splashes like they are real

We got out Wolf Creek recently and it's a cracker of an Aussie movie. Not a Yank in the whole film....bliss.

The 1995 Pride and Prejudice series is well worth a look, both for the plot / property set and vocabulary extension.

I think that's both ends of the taste spectrum.

I went to see that John Dillinger Movie "Public Enermies"
It has Johnny Depp in it... I enjoyed it. If you like old gangster movies , and car chases. Also ladies, well worth the Eye candy of Johnny looking like a real man for change...(Sorry guys)

Saw this one with the GF on the weekend. Thought it was pretty average really. Only reason you would watch it is because it has Johnny Depp in it. Story doesn't really reach any great heights.

Wish I had chosen to see the new Tarantino movie with Brad Pitt (heard its great), but the misses wanted to see Public Enemies :rolleyes:

I rarely go and sit in a cinema now.
I hate being distracted by noisy patrons.

Am happy to wait for movies to come out on DVD.
Recently seen

Knowing - good first half. ending could have been better.
Duplicity - probably the most convoluted plot I've ever seen but not too bad.
Righteous Kill - with DeNiro and Pacino, thought it might have been better.

Have Vinyan and Benjamin Button out this weekend.

Anyone know about watchmen, appaloosa, easy virtue?

edit: Vinyan is C grade cr@p.

Watchmen was okay but definitely a dvd movie, would be a waste of money going to see it on a big screen, same with the new star trek

You are refering to "Inglorious *******s".....great movie though historically it seems to be fallacy!

Also liked District 9.....cost about $50m to make as no big names....but great movie. I am even calling some of the people at work "Prawns"...;)

Wish I had chosen to see the new Tarantino movie with Brad Pitt (heard its great), but the misses wanted to see Public Enemies :rolleyes:

I haven't been to see a movie at the cinemas in over 6 years, I usually wait for them to come out on DVD or get them by umm other means to watch, however I have just finished reading My Sisters Keeper and am going to go see the movie tonight, I reallyyyy hope they haven't changed the ending too much Pushka, I will not be happy if they have :)

JK

I just came home from seeing My Sisters Keeper and see what you mean Pushka - they totally re-wrote the ending, its nothing like the ending in the book - I was SOOOO pissed off!! If they used the ending that was in the book it wouldv'e really gave the movie goers a 'OMG I didn't see that coming' ending. The whole movie was pretty ho hum in my eyes, I guess thats what happens when you read the book first though.

JK

Back