Seven Hills, Quakers Hill - Best Streets

Hello All,

Considering PPOR in Seven Hills and Quakers Hill.

1. Which are the best streets and more importantly, which streets are to be avoided?
2. Please advice the streets with Housing Commission.

Thanks in advance.

Hi SK

Locals might be able to help you out with a few street names, but then again you're probably best off doing a drive yourself, talking to some locals, including REA's, PM's, the local police etc to find out where the "problem" areas are. Both suburbs have them, that's for sure!

As far as HC stock go, the only way to find out is to have access to council records or a subscription to RPData. Though both suburbs have HC stock, they're not always easily identifiable. Lalor Park side (north Seven Hills) and station side (south) of QH are areas that have some stock I'd stay away from- then again, everyone's different, especially when it comes to buying a PPOR.

Actually both these suburbs have been discussed in great detail in previous posts (including mine). Do a search and that should provide you with some fodder :)

sk280

I don't believe that those suburbs have housing commision owned properties
but there could be some individual properties leased to the dept of housing.

Sharpstone888 did some research and if you e-mail him he could send you the map he got from council.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48704&highlight=blacktown+streets+avoid

Here are some threads on the area, check them out

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44033&highlight=sydney+west

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37297&highlight=sydney+west

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45002&highlight=sydney+west&page=2

Sk280

In regards to best streets in Quakers, it depends on what you are after.

I like QH so I don't have a preference on streets just make sure you like what you see. I'd look on the new side and around Farnham road but as close to the schools and train station as possible.

The senior high school (Wyndham college) is over the other side of the train station so if you have kids going to year 11 &12 or perhaps to Uni, then something closer to the station will be better.

cheers

I live in Quakers Hill near the station (About 5 mins walk). Not a bad area to live. If you live close to the Railway Station then you will find that all the streets are clogged with cars as People park on side streets and catch train. Saw a flyer the other day that the Govt is spending a few million Dollars to construct a new car park. Not sure where they are going to find the space from??? :eek:

You really need to do a drive by of both areas....

... but from my experience of driving through the areas, and friends who've lived in both suburbs, these are the preferred areas of each suburb:
# Seven Hills - the south side of seven hills rd, between 7 hills rd and abbott rd.
# Quakers - the nth side of quakers hill parkway, and east of the railway line.

those are just the opinions i have formed.
However, I would invest in other areas of both suburbs. In fact i am looking at QH right now as a target for no.3.

Thanks much all for your replies.

Jacque, I searched the forums initially before posting but could'nt find any posts specific to best and worst (HC) streets when considering a PPOR in these suburbs.

As an aside: I started searching for my PPOR (3 Bed Houses only) in Wentworthville/Toongabbie from December 2007 with a budget of around 430K. I was advised by a wise person to consider Girraween as an option for PPOR. I was reluctant and never considered it as it didnt have a station nearby. I stopped searching around May 2008 due to personal reasons and am resuming my search now.

Looking at the current prices in Girraween and Wentworthville, I sense that prices have increased a lot making it almost impossible to buy a house there. Toongabbie I can still see a few houses hovering around 420K - 440K mark but almost none in Girraween and Wentworthville.

With a budget of 415K and wanting to buy a House, I pretty much can afford only in Seven Hills and Quakers Hill. Am looking for a 3Bed House in a safe suburb thats around an hour by train to the City. What would you all advice.

Thanks again everybody.

# Quakers - the nth side of quakers hill parkway, and east of the railway line.

I think either side of Quakers hill Pkwy is ok.
depends on your budget ofcourse.
I lived on Summerfield ave for 15 years and our back yard was overlooking Corbin reserve, that spot is a pet's paradise.

Sk280
Check out Peppertree grove nice houses it's close to the highschool and the petrol stn (convenient when you want to buy milk) and many properties should be close to your budget

sk280
I've noticed you live in Holsworthy.
For what it's worth I was looking at the crime stats in the Liverpool council area and Holsworthy is all white, there is no crime at all there it seems....:)

Thanks BV, Raja.

Yes, Living in Holsworthy is fantastic. We feel very safe. People keep to themselves and have not had any bad experiences so far. The multi-level carpark in Holsworthy station also has been safe so far.

I'd love to get my PPOR her but for the upcoming freight terminal here. The freight terminal (more in http://www.wattlegrove2173.com) when it happens will potentially decrease property values due to increase in traffic, environment pollution and M5 clogged with the huge trucks. Most of local residents don't seem to be aware of this (or) probably don't care about this issue I think. However given the recent spate of sales maybe they do.

Your comments?

Last edited:
sk280

Raja has changed his mind and deleted his post on Seven Hills:)

He basically said that Seven Hills is quite a convenient suburb to live in and house prices there are still quite cheap compared to some other suburbs which
do not have all of the infrastructure that Seven Hills has.

He also noted that the best streets are all the ones which lead to Australorp Ave.
Although I would have thought that the streets on the Northern part close to Kings Langley
are a better choice.

I've heard about the Moorebank freight terminal but never looked into it.
Is it definitely going ahead?
You've mentioned the negatives are there any positives from the construction of this terminal?

Last edited:
Bill

The link to the document you posted is a fantastic resource. Thanks for that!!

I can't think of any positives (to Holsworthy/Wattlegrove) from the construction of this terminal.

More importantly, I fear it will have a negative impact on property prices in the area.

Can you think of anything?

Bill

I can't think of any postives (to Holsworthy/Wattlegrove) from the construction of this terminal.

More importantly, I fear it will have a negative impact on property prices in the area.

Can you think of anything?

I haven't looked into it but the first one that comes to mind is employment? You really need to find out what they are going to build and to see the plans. Once you find out let me know because I am interested in the area.

cheers

sk280

Raja has changed his mind and deleted his post on Seven Hills:)

He basically said that Seven Hills is quite a convenient suburb to live in and house prices there are still quite cheap compared to some other suburbs which
do not have all of the infrastructure that Seven Hills has.

He also noted that the best streets are all the ones which lead to Australorp Ave.
Although I would have thought that the streets on the Northern part close to Kings Langley
are a better choice.

I've heard about the Moorebank freight terminal but never looked into it.
Is it definitely going ahead?
You've mentioned the negatives are there any positives from the construction of this terminal?

Hi BV,

Yes I did delete my own post as I wasn't sure if I should have mentioned specific streets. I would suggest to anyone interested in Seven Hills to have a drive around some of the streets there and then drive down Australorp Ave to see the difference. I have not changed my mind, but just wasn't sure if it was right to post specific streets.

Between Seven Hills and Kings Langley you will come across Lalor Park which I would say is not as good. There are some even cheaper houses here then Seven Hills but the area is not that great. Going forward this will change offcourse. This is why you will find houses south of the train line usually sell for more then the north side.

I have also heard that most of the housing commission homes are on the North of Seven Hills.

Regards

Raja

Hi BV,

Yes I did delete my own post as I wasn't sure if I should have mentioned specific streets. I would suggest to anyone interested in Seven Hills to have a drive around some of the streets there and then drive down Australorp Ave to see the difference. I have not changed my mind, but just wasn't sure if it was right to post specific streets.

Between Seven Hills and Kings Langley you will come across Lalor Park which I would say is not as good. There are some even cheaper houses here then Seven Hills but the area is not that great. Going forward this will change offcourse. This is why you will find houses south of the train line usually sell for more then the north side.

I have also heard that most of the housing commission homes are on the North of Seven Hills.

Regards

Raja

I'm impressed with Lalor Park - yeah there's a sprinkling of HC tenants/owned properties but the HC owned ones are progressively being sold off. Prices have moved in the last few months in response to the FHOG but tell me where else in METRO Sydney within 30-40 kms could you have easily picked up 3-4 bed houses for < $300K?

I think Lalor Park is a few levels up on suburbs like Shalvey, Bidwill etc. but a lot closer to the CBD and Norwest. Baulkham Hills is just across the M2 and a significant price diff.

I doubt very much you wouldn't do well out of LP, SH and Blacktown over the LT if history repeats itself.

Reactions: BV
Back