Shoalwater WA

Lol. Returning to the topic of this thread, Rockingham, Safety Bay and Serpentine are No. 151, 152 and 150 respectively. I.e. officially the three worst schools in the state.

So I guess it depends on who you want to rent to. The demographic I target is unlikely to move down there, as they will want their kids to have a good start in Australia.

As for Duncraig SHS being No 66, that's in the state. You will notice Bunbury, Denmark, Bullsbrook etc. scoring quite highly - not sure how relevant that is.

Last edited:
I never even bother considering schools when purchasing IPs, it's not an important criteria for me.

Also, I don't know how accurate/relevant this scoring system is??we know many schools fudge their figures.;)

I never even bother considering schools when purchasing IPs, it's not an important criteria for me.

Also, I don't know how accurate/relevant this scoring system is??we know many schools fudge their figures.;)

I dont think I'd bother checking the school either, perhaps just the presence/absence of one (or more).

I'd do it if I had money. Three large blocks near the water have already jumped massively in price though. Years ago we had three opportunity to buy in Rockingham & safety bay near the water, large blocks old houses for 300k, still wish we had have done it :) Rent is Louise in the area but demand is so high you'll have no downtime. It's only minimally lower than thornlie for example.

We live in Port Kennedy just settling into our new house 50m to beach it's great down here!

I have rerun the numbers on the purchase and potential dev, but no matter how I approach it the inescapable conclusion I come to is they're asking too much for the block.

I guess thats why its still for sale and not under offer.

Back