Shower bath vs Shower only

For 1 or 2 bed home would you install shower bath or shower only

• Shower Bath

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Shower only

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
I would never have a bath in a 'shower over bath'. Yuck. My husband has stated the same.

Our preference would be a shower only if a small space, or separate shower and bath.

To be quite honest, I've only used a 'shower over bath' in hotels to shower, and found them awkward (it feels unstable and you fear slipping when climbing in and out).
weg is over 50??

I make no apology for not taking the high moral ground all the time. Property investment is a business. Someone from an unstable family will not be high on my list of potential tenants - hence I do not lease to them. Why confuse the issue and get so offended?

Two of the most problematic (one recently) tenants we have had were single middle-aged women with good jobs.

Go figure.

Just turned 50 but haven't used one of these for years - all my experience with them have been while well under 50 :).

Yuk, because they see many yucky feet in/on them every day (I know, probably makes no sense).

I have a problem with 'old' baths and showers too.

I went out with a guy a few times at 17, but declined further dates after seeing his feet :eek:. How superficial is that?

Jerry Seinfield and I are like minded individuals :D.

Not weird at all. My wife has lovely feet, and it wasn't until I got together with her that I realised that ... um, never mind! :eek::D

Last edited:
I had a bath in my house the only time it got wet was when we had to clean the dust off it. So got rid of it and installed a toilet with the extra space which gets used very regularly rather then the one at the back of the house.

I have twin 2 year olds and have taught them to shower its a lot less trouble then bathing kids.

I like the choice of bath, (especially when children are young), and a shower, although shower gets used more.

All my IP's have both. I rent a house with separate bath and shower.

Voted for the shower/bath option.

I make no apology for not taking the high moral ground all the time. Property investment is a business. Someone from an unstable family will not be high on my list of potential tenants - hence I do not lease to them. Why confuse the issue and get so offended?

I think the reason why many are offended is that you have automatically placed a group of people into one stereotype. I know a "single mum" who:

• Owns her own house
  • Financed her eldest son's medical degree
  • Is financing her daughter's degree
  • Has a successfull business

When she became a single mum, she had none of the above.

Yes, property investment is a business, but remember that a business needs clients and if you come to a forum such as this one hoping to attract a few, you will lose quite a few potentials with atitudes and comments like those. There's at least one right here.

Back