side access: needs council approval?

guys,

is council approval required if you want to open up a side access on a corner lot property? property is in queensland.

thanks

I would think that if you need to break the kerb to put a driveway in, Council certainly would want to approve or deny.

Depends on Council.

House next door to my parents in Brisbane was on a corner with driveway to the street away from my parents. They wanted to put a carport at the back and build a driveway which would have been on the frontage beside my parents. Council refused permission and the driveway has never been built.

Not sure of the reasons, and this was about 8-10 years ago.

Better check.
Marg

We were told by a town planner that Council don't like installing more cut-ins for new driveways, say for a battleaxe because it reduces available on-street parking. Maybe it depends on each particular street and situation.

My council has allowed my neighbour and I to put a driveway easement between our properties 1.6 meters on my side and 1.4 on hers to make a driveway to the back of our properties and they are going to put in a new driveway curb cut-in (at a price of course)

I think it just depends on the council. It is really easy to ring and ask for a planner who can answer this question for you accurately. Councils usually have people on call to answer phone calls. My council wont even let you make appointments, you just have to rock up/or ring and you get someone to answer you question straight away.

Back