Slowly Renovating

Here are the photos of the home made kitchen. They loook a bit pale in the pic's but are really quite a warm effect.
Hehe, with the pale colours that looks just like our kitchen - except we have a non-home-made one so the same effect on our doors was done with a router and then vinyl wrapped, and our benchtops are laminex granite look, but the same colour so the same general effect. Our walls are darker than yours and our floors are paler so the resemblance isn't *that* close, but y'know ...

Yours cost rather a lot less than ours, of course :)

I'll have to check that one out. I'll be doing a search for them definitly, I have a mate who is a cabinet maker and can fit everything up perfect. Just need to find a supplier :D

Nope! They're not the ones, however they seem to have all sorts of doors to suit any taste. The ones I was thinking about only do polyeurothane, I think.

I sent an email off to that place anyway to see what sort of figure it will cost. Our kitchen has so many cupboard doors! 13 under the sink, 9 above the sink and 4 drawers!

Well I got a quote on 2 door designs that we liked, one of them being very similar to Dylans and another that was a bit more plain.

For the first, it came to $1411. That includes all painting, otherwise it would only come to $800. The second came to $1107 painted, or $660 unpainted.

Pretty good I think, might have to wait a while but it looks like a good option!

Update Update Update!!

So I suppose it's time to do a little bit of an update. Recently decided to get the hallway finished, so at the moment - it isn't finished! :rolleyes: Actually just needs a picture rail put up and the doors for the other rooms to be finished painted but here's some photos of it thus far.

This is just as we started to bog everything up. ALOT of bumps in the roof and the walls. Took a long time to get it looking nice enough to paint.
c60b8890.jpg

Undercoated!
c60b8891.jpg

Ceiling Painted and started to cut in! Colour....ooooo!
c60b8895.jpg

Done and Dusted! To go up is a white picture rail to divide the colours, also painting the doors white.
c60b8900.jpg

I'll also try and post up some pictures of our front garden before and after. Redone the whole lot and rendered a few things up. Didn't come up to bad, needs some touch ups but overall - looks alot nice!

Doors are currently down in the garage awaiting their final coat. I will be putting the doors back in, that room on the right will actually be the main bedroom.

We just got a quote to put in some built in wardrobes, roughly 2.7m long that has the federation style doors and has a set of draws inside. For two rooms to be done it came to $2100! Thought it would have been a bit cheaper.

Anyone know where to get some good quality built ins?

Little bit of an update.

We have now started progress on the room that contains the fireplace. Found that the wall has been patched up, because it's wavey I have taken it back to the plaster to bog it up properly. Looks like they must have had an enclosed fireplace with a shelf along the top by the way the plaster board has been cut/patched previously! Wish they left it originally!

Anyway, lots of work to be done in this room. All of it being the preparation! Haven't decided a final colour yet but will be from the green family :).

In other news I have started kill weeds outside and getting things ready to do the bathroom. Currently we have a toilet in the laundry and not the bathroom so I shall be adding a second toilet to the house. I think it's the best thing to do, while we are at it might as well make the most of it. Only downside is that we have to put in a shower bath, which the missus doesn't like!!

Will provide piccies of the progress along the way, going to have to move around waste pipes, put in a floor waste, move water lines and replaster/waterproof all ourselves :)

Better late then never, bad pictures of our fireplace that kept us very nice and cosy during winter :)

photo1872.jpg

photo1882.jpg

Back