Somersoft Spreadsheet Collection

This is what i'm talking about

Thanks a lot guys....does really help for a nOOb like me to do my maths.... appreciate it:)

I may have missed it but does anyone have a basic spreadsheet to work out whether a property is negative or positive and by how much taking into consideration all expenses etc. Sorry if this has been added somewhere!

Cheers Ems

I may have missed it but does anyone have a basic spreadsheet to work out whether a property is negative or positive and by how much taking into consideration all expenses etc. Sorry if this has been added somewhere!

Cheers Ems

There is lots in this current thread you are reading.

Post #2 for starters - Look for 'IP Calculator'

Enjoy!

Thanks Jonathon

Hi Jonathon,

can you email it to me on [email protected]

Just for a start point.. how do i play around with numbers

Can you input figures to get me started

Purchase Date May-08

Moved in to Dec -08 -$460K ( off the plan)
Stamp Duty = $5000
LMI $5000
Deposit 10%
Interest rate on loan 5.14%
Stayed there for 6-7 months

Renting it out from Aug-09 fro $450per week
I don;t understand a lot of terminologies like marginal cost, CPI, inflation rate etc

You time and effort would be greatly appreciated
Regards
MV

Hi all

I have a single property appraisal model I've been developing for a while. I'd appreciate any thoughts on it. Unfortunately, it only zips down to about 500kb, (2mb unzipped) so I'm unable to upload it here. However I've attached a hard coded version of the main sheet so you can see what it looks like. I'm happy to email it to anybody who wants it, just PM me with your email address.

At the moment it's only set up for Victorian stamp duty rates, but you could easily overwrite cell D7 on the Inputs sheet with an alternative stamp duty amount.

Basically, every cell with a red format is property specific. Also, everything you need to input and see is on the Inputs sheet - all the calcs are on other sheets.

Please let me know if you want a version.

Cheers
Jonathon

Need Help Bazza

Bazza. I am doing the same thing. But i don;t understand your Finance TAB.

can you elaborate. or may be put comments on what to ennter on some things

Can you email it to me on [email protected]

I bought a house on a 600m2 land for $410K

My loan amount is $340K

I plan to bulldose it. It;s now around $550K

build 2 townhouses for $190K each.

But i want to use the front one for my PPOR.

I really find your spreadsheet helpful..

But can you assist me in how do I input figures

Your help would be great

Here's a townhouse development feasibility spreadsheet that I put together to see if it is profitable to bulldoze a house and add a couple of townhouses.

It should include GST if you are developing as a company.

Cheers,

Bazza

Hi Manish,

It’s been a while since I put the spreadsheet together but this is how I understand the finance TAB:

Equity – is the amount of deposit that the bank requires you to put in. They will normally loan 80% of the development costs so you need to come up with 20%.
Primary debt funds – Total development costs less your deposit of 20%
Debt interest rate – how much interest you will pay on the borrowed money per annum.
Valuation Fee – cost of a Property valuation
Loan establishment fee – the amount the bank charges to set up the loan

Construction Escalation rate – the increase in construction costs per annum if the project is delayed.
Rent/land escalation rate – is your costs to rent during construction and the cost to hold the land during construction.
Absolute sell-on escalation rate – how much you will have to increase the sale price pa due to delay in construction

GST – 10% of profit is you are a company registered for GST

Unimproved value – cost of the land
Capital value – the assessed total value after taking escalation cost into account
Annual value – cost pa of the capital value

Cheers,

Bazza

calculator help

Hi Winston WOlfe...

i was hoping if you could help.

This question is around converting PPOR into Ip.

I bought the house ( Brand New) in Dec 08 for $460K with 10 % deposit just under my name.

My loan amount is $413K

Now i have completed my 6 months and i want to move out and make this investment property.

I will get $450 per week.

DO i need to notify bank that i am converting PPOR into IP

Do i need to get my house revalued

Do I get CGT exemption. In a nut shell from CGT perspective, where do i stand

DO i get depreciation schedule done now or later

Do I change my P& I loan to IO.

What else should i do?

Help please. If you can make a basic spreadsheet for my case copying relevant info from your calculator. Or even a brief explanantion. Thanks in advance

Regards
MV

Here's an update of the above spreadsheet analysing the conversion of a PPR to an IP.

Have added graphs and uncluttered the data entry area.
Once again, this analysis is best applied using Solver Addin, which is free and on most distributions of MS Office Pro.

I'd just update the original file but the forum doesn't allow it.

Help please. If you can make a basic spreadsheet for my case copying relevant info from your calculator. Or even a brief explanantion. Thanks in advance

A calculator wont answer any of those questions for you.

I strongly suggest you run your situation past your chosen tax professional for specific detailed answers and/or recommendations.

Do you have a tax advice professional?

Hope this helps.

DO i need to notify bank that i am converting PPOR into IP

You don't need to advise them. The bank understands people's circumstances change all the time...all they care about is that the loan is repaid.

Do i need to get my house revalued

Yes, this is recommended if there has been significant capital gain while it was your PPR. You don't attract cgt when a house is your PPR but you do when it is an IP.

Do I get CGT exemption. In a nut shell from CGT perspective, where do i stand

see last answer.

DO i get depreciation schedule done now or later

You need to do it at the beginning of the rental period. This sets a base value.

Do I change my P& I loan to IO.

That would involve refinancing and would probably attract significant expense. You will have to talk to your lender to find out what that expense is. Then compare the changing to not changing.

What else should i do?

If you had planned to convert the PPR to an IP all along, it would have been wise to ask all these questions before you took out the loan. That way you could have arranged an IO loan initially.

You want to be careful with the 6 mth period if you are a FHB. I can't remember which, but I understand in some states either the stamp duty or the FHOG rules dictate you have to stay in the house for a full 12 mths.

Have you tried one of the spreadsheets above? Whether your place is +/-CF pre and post tax, and by how much depends on a lot of variables only you know.....insurances, maintenance, depreciation, PM, interest rate, and terms of loan, LMI being capitalized etc etc. I presume you want to know how much out of pocket you will be when you move out, so you can get an idea of what rent you can afford.

Regards
MV

If you want further assistance, PM me...though I am not a tax or legal professional. I am only giving you my opinion, which you should follow up with a professional. And the same goes for any opinion from anyone on this forum. Keep in mind all tax professionals aren't equally informed about this stuff, so they won't necessarily inform you well.....which is why this forum exists.

Feasibility Analaysis for Property development calc

This is such a fantastic thread but havent seen any new calculators been added. Shame that i can't add any value to it.

Can someone share a calculator for townhouse development.

I know Bazza added one in the past.

I am after a feasability analysis whether to go ahead and build 2 townhouses

ShareTracker.
enter multiple share buy and sell details, hit analyse, and latest available closing price is fetched from MSN to update your portfolio value.

has ability to account for commission.
doesn't do leverage like cfd's.

I can't be sure this xls can handle various bugs and limitations imposed by MSN. However, it works fault free in conditions I've tried.

Share Tracker

It says read only.... how can i save it on my desktop..

can you email me the unprotected version and also instructions on inpout cells;

Thanks
Manish

ShareTracker.
enter multiple share buy and sell details, hit analyse, and latest available closing price is fetched from MSN to update your portfolio value.

has ability to account for commission.
doesn't do leverage like cfd's.

I can't be sure this xls can handle various bugs and limitations imposed by MSN. However, it works fault free in conditions I've tried.

quick question when it comes to spreadsheets......

......i was using a basic excel sheet I found on the net. Nice easy and straightforward! to test it out and learn how to use it I did this: had a summary page from a broker with an example of how 'out-of-pocket' we would be. I copied his details into the spreadsheet and though if it spits out the same numbers I’ve understood how it works right?

then i realized that the depreciation for land and fittings is listed together with the other annual costs? this does not make sense though does it?

i have started going through some of the spreadsheets here and I must say some are just amazing pieces of work! but so far haven’t found one I can easily and quickly use cause they all require alot of input which at his point i do not have!

Back