Speed fine - anyone experienced it?

main roads in WA set the poly pipe speed limit to 100kph - the WA police force knocked it back to 80 in an attempt to force people to speed and increase revenue.

that's from a traffic cop's mouth.

Take it on the chin

You are in a stage of grieving called "denial". After you have had a few tickets you will realise its very simple..... if you get caught speeding it serves you right. Take it on the chin. Perhaps invest in cruise control.

You are in a stage of grieving called "denial". After you have had a few tickets you will realise its very simple..... if you get caught speeding it serves you right. Take it on the chin. Perhaps invest in cruise control.

No no no.

Don't use cruise control in a residential or built up area.....

I want a speed limiter button like they have on race cars.... At least then I can hold it down and push the pedal flat through the school zones...

The Y-man

No no no.

Don't use cruise control in a residential or built up area.....

Why not :confused:

What's wrong with setting it to 40 when i'm going through a school zone, and then back to 50 when i'm going down a surburban or city street?
I still have eyes and can press the brake if i need to slow down or stop for any reason.

I want a speed limiter button like they have on race cars.... At least then I can hold it down and push the pedal flat through the school zones...

The Y-man

I don't think that would work, race cars work on rev limitors.

You would have to limit the revs so that in the highest gear, you couldn't go over 40Ks.....chug chug.:)

Mate, no point in challenging it. You were speeding, you got caught. Simple.

Best to pay the fine and just don't speed anymore.

How do you know I was speeding? How do you know it was not the cop's bad intention? A lot of cops lie and give false evidence. A lot of cops made false statement for their own purpose.

Mate, not everyone are like who you think. I was not sure. It was two lanes in an area like rural (no access, no housing on each side).

was there traffic passing you in the opposite direction?

were they behind you? they too were doing 102kph - or more - to catch you?

how was the radar calibrated if there were cars passing you and they were traveling at a safe distance?

all information they need to front if requested. they may have been low on quota for the week.

Not much traffic maybe 1 or 2 in front of me. When the guy came out and told me I did when I overtook him. You mentioned was what I planned to ask. If the extra fine is not much, I am pretty happy to take them on.

Mate, not everyone are like who you think. I was not sure. It was two lanes in an area like rural (no access, no housing on each side).

Sorry mate but I thinks it's beyond believe that you don't know whether or not you were 32km/hr over the limit.. and since you seem more concerned about "where" the cop pulled you over, you're sounding pretty guilty. Please stop speeding.. ;)

The thing is, if you dont know if you were speeding, then how can you argue to Court that you weren't! The distance it took to pull you over is simply irrelevant here!

Sorry mate but I thinks it's beyond believe that you don't know whether or not you were 32km/hr over the limit.. and since you seem more concerned about "where" the cop pulled you over, you're sounding pretty guilty. Please stop speeding.. ;)

I have been asking - have you challenged a speed fine in court? You told me how to do is not relevant because you do not really know the situation.

The thing is, if you dont know if you were speeding, then how can you argue to Court that you weren't! The distance it took to pull you over is simply irrelevant here!

Nothing wrong to seek proof before claiming guilty. Have you experienced in the court for speed fine? If not, how do you know I would not be successful? How do you know Cops were not in bad intention.

It's your word against the police officers, who do you think the court will believe Analyst?

If you couldn't win over the police at the scene, to either get away with a small fine or get off completely, then i doubt you'd have a chance at winning over the court.

It's your word against the police officers, who do you think the court will believe Analyst?

If you couldn't win over the police at the scene, to either get away with a small fine or get off completely, then i doubt you'd have a chance at winning over the court.

That is why we have a court. The Treasuerer of WA made a claim of $200 about on travel allowance. So if you go to court with him, the court will definitely believe him -- he is the treasuer of WA. I know to pay is a easy way out. I am asking whether you have experienced in the court in fine situation.

No, i'm not experienced with defending court cases, but i've heard stories of people that have gone to court with no evidence, and they've ended up having to pay court costs on top of the fine.
I imagine this to be hundreds at least, and you wouldn't want to p1ss off the judge - at 32km over the limit, they could probably impound your car under hoon laws. So including getting the car impounded, court costs and the fine, you might be able to hit $2k :confused:
I dunno for sure, i'm just being a doom and gloomer, you might be lucky and win :confused:

Feeling lucky?

Jeez Analyst, you want to go to court without any reason or proof, simply based on the fact that he took too long to pull you over? Even with a valid argument it's a long shot. Especially when you're talking 30+k's over the limit - there are so many actual speeders out there, yet you think the police would pull you over going the normal speed and fabricate your speeding violation?!

You must have a lot of spare time with little to do on your hands. :eek:

Got radar-ed for speeding
Bulla Rd outside of Melbourne Nth West,
Judge took one look at the photograph and dismissed it.
My banged up rolls canardly holden with a jumbo taking off the whole background​
radar said I was doing 190K in an 80 zone
must have been the only time I wasn't speeding on that road.

Back