Speedtest

How's your internet speed?

www.speedtest.net

3660889007.png

Currently with E-Wire who will soon have a name change to Fuzenet I believe

Usually get around 50mb from home and around 3mb from the office (1km away).

It's a great website :)

Cheers

Jamie

I finally had my ADSL2+ fixed at home, and with a new modern, I am now getting around average of 8.5mbps

At work, the average is about 15mbps

My building (Victoria Point, Docklands, Melbourne) now has fibre internet provided by Spirit Telecom - I got myself connected the other day on the 50/20 plan. Test results using this program:

Download: 48.90 Mbps
Upload: 12.60 Mbps

which sounds great. But real world experience is not very different from the Optus ADSL I had before (6.6/0.8) - have just done a download of about 70MB and it took the best part of 30 minutes. Any ideas why tester and reality seem so different? I guess you can't suck stuff down a cable any faster than the server can/will deliver.

This is what I got at work the other day...
3642432745.png

This was on my phone while on the train the other morning around Deer Park
911777626.png

Then when I go back to Cairns I nearly cry as neither the adsl or phone service is even comparable to Melbourne :(

My building (Victoria Point, Docklands, Melbourne) now has fibre internet provided by Spirit Telecom - I got myself connected the other day on the 50/20 plan. Test results using this program:

Download: 48.90 Mbps
Upload: 12.60 Mbps

which sounds great. But real world experience is not very different from the Optus ADSL I had before (6.6/0.8) - have just done a download of about 70MB and it took the best part of 30 minutes. Any ideas why tester and reality seem so different? I guess you can't suck stuff down a cable any faster than the server can/will deliver.

Probably firewall / proxy related?

Hello Ping,

How's springy doing?

Results:

Download speed-7.05mbms

Upload speed-0.76mbps

Ping-27ms

Cheers Spades.

Turnbull: ?Seeing is believing?

COMMUNICATIONS Minister Malcolm Turnbull has visited the country?s first user of his fibre to the node (FTTN) broadband technology in Umina, New South Wales.

Tweeting earlier, the speedtest has garnered some impressive speeds but still leaves a few questions to be asked.

Seeing is believing. Speedtest on Martin McInnes' computer connected w NBN FTTN in Umina this morning

BvmTlayIQAAq95_.jpg

Seeing is believing. Speedtest on my computer connected with FTTP in Surry Hills this morning.

Harry Tucker

Bvmjgg1IUAAj272.jpg:large

According to an article

But out of the 43 countries that have faster average Internet speeds than Australia, there are also a few countries that might surprise you.

Slovakia (Number 33)
Romania (Number 29)

Back