Spread Sheet Software

I've just started using Open Office, mainly because MS is so bloated these days and Open Office is free!

So far, it does everything MS Office did, but much smaller and can save and open the same file formats as MS Office.

Tools and commands are all largely the same, so nothing really to re-learn.

So far, I'm impressed and will continue to use it.

Should add that I only use the word processor and spreadsheet for basic stuff.

...and to re-iterate, it's FREE.

While Google Drive Docs are far simpler than Office Word (this can be either good or bad depending on your needs), Google Drive Spreadsheets are awesome; they support all the same formulas that Office Excel does. Because it's web-based you can use it from anywhere and not worry about losing your files.

I've just purchased the latest MS office 2013 for $15. Someone sent me a link to a special deal and it worked. Even got a disk in the mail

I tried using open office and it was good, but some of the bank spreadsheets that I had to use had macros in them and these didn't work properly in Open office. Other than that all good.

Think he is talking about this

Only Email addresses relating to Education work

That was the one. It worked with a hotmail address too. There was a code that was needed, but someone gave me a link to a site with the code. It was dealoftheday.com.au or similar.

Hi all,

It might just be me, but I love MS Excel. I think it's brilliant and I pretty much use it every day for everything. Again that's just my opinion ;)

Back