SQM's BARGAINS OF THE WEEK

Hi Black Dragon,

What you are attempting to achieve is really good if you manage to pull it off, which eventually you will considering the effort that you have already put in. Did you consider making this service free to begin with to gain market confidence, extend the reach and free beta testing by the market, and then making it paid? Just an inquiry.

Cheers

Hi Dallee

Our program has detected 5 propeties on the market over 60 days. Of which two of them were not published due to irregularaties over the address. There are some properties that have been recently withdrawn from the list as the properties themselves have been withdrawn from the market in the last 30 days.

There are a further 16 properties that are about to enter into the 60 day territory.

Perhaps if you want to pm the address and I can see what our records have for it.

Thankyou for your feedback Roo.

It is very difficult to make this product free, even for a limited time due to the high running costs of the data each month. If I find no intereast in the product, then we may decide to delete the last sold records on it and just have the history of the asking price changes running for free.

Lets wait and see what happens. So far there have been some interest.

Yes there has been lots of effort and thought into this one and I truely believe it is going to be the future, whether this product survives or not. Indeed many of us here know that agents have had access to this type of data for sometime.So it was only going to be a matter of time before consumers did as well.

I have been in the real estate data business for some time now. And i can tell you no product including this one is without its faults when it comes to data based products. However I think overall the experience on this report will be positive as I believe in most cases the data is right.

If you believe there is over 100 in your area that have been on the market greater than 60 days. Ok great, show us the proof. Really, please. PM me or post here the addresss and we will check them out.
I've been watching that area for a while now and I KNOW it, the postcode I mentioned before is 6208 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...=&header=&idir=&c=30158408&s=wa&tm=1245746538 and the property I've been watching is on page 6 and listed with realestate.com on the 4th of April,
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...fmt=&header=&cc=&c=4426121&s=wa&tm=1245726295 . I didn't bother counting the exact number of properties listed but there are 10 per page and there are 17 pages so even a quick glance can tell you there are over 100 older then this one. That's not counting vacant blocks or properties that changed agents and got to the front of the list again.
Now that you have proof perhaps you can put away your false indignation and maybe tell us why should anyone bother wasting their time, let alone their money, downloading and looking at a report that could be missing 50% or more of the listed properties. I'm sure that this one is not your fault either and its the data supplier who is responsible for the error. Really, please. Even if your data provider screwed up it is YOU that is selling the report so the buck stops with YOU.

Your response seems to be more about attacking the messenger here more than anything else yes?
But you are NOT the messenger and I was NOT attacking you personally, you are spruiking a product and I questioned the quality and usefulness of your product.
I don't work for RPData and have nothing to sell or buy here or anywhere else, all I did was to questioned the value of paying money for something that is inaccurate and is supposed to help me make a purchasing decision involving many hundreds of $K.

I accept critiscism if its based on the reports but why raise up here the housing bears? I really dont understand this.
Maybe if you took the time to read the post instead of going all defensive and demanding proof you may have understood better. :rolleyes:
I questioned the value of having useless facts included in a report while excluding more relevant information like the last sale price for it and the current sold prices for similar properties in the area.

How is the property's selling price 10-20 years ago relevant to today's market value or help a buyer decide if its a bargain ? Unless the property in question is a vacant block of land the actual building may have been renovated, added to or even replaced entirely with a new building. The fact that it sold 20 years ago for $50k and the current asking price is $500K has no relevance on the actual value whatsoever and its irrelevant to a buyer. A bear wannabuy OTOH would look at the increase in price as proof that its overpriced and prices have to come down xx% before its good value irrespective of th fact that it may be advertised for well below replacement value.

How does the fact that the vendor has dropped $200K of the original $900K asking price make it a bargain ? For all you know similar properties in the areas have recently sold for $600K. This vendor may have just purchased the property for $300K 3 months ago and immediately placed it back on the market with a $900K price fishing for suckers. Even after the $200K fall in his asking price the property is probably still overpriced but would probably make the top of your list as a bargain. How is that going to help a buyer make an informed decision? OTOH a bear wannabuy would point to the fall in the asking price as proof that prices are falling, the vendor is desperate and a crash is just around the corner . Yeah, right.

Do you understand now ?

And I'm sure you won't ask for proof of wannabuy bears acting this way because there is plenty evidence of that you know where.

And lets be straight about the RP reports. They dont provide an advertising history like this report. Not their consumer reports as far i I can see. Its an apples and oranges comparison you have drawn here.

I think you missed the point , I didn't give you the RPData example to spruike their warez or because what they put in it but rather to make the point that if someone is going to pay $40 for a report may as well pay $60 and get one that is accurate.

They may not provide an "advertising history" but they seem to put in the report the advertised properties for the last 90 days and last sale price.

Detailed Suburb - $59.95
What does it tell me?

The Detailed Suburb Profile report provides you with a detailed understanding of the suburb. Where available°, this report contains an area profile, median sale price graph, capital growth graph (Past 10 Years), suburb map, age/sex ratio, household income, structure and occupancy. Also available on this report is the percentage change in median price, number of house & unit sales per annum, up to 100 sales in your selected suburb and advertised properties for the last 90 days.
Why do I need it?

Really get to know your suburbs real estate market.

If you want to see what other reports they provide and what they include in them have a look here,
http://www.myrp.com.au//showAllProduct.do
Maybe you could ask then to provide you with some of their data and use that in your reports.

But like you said, its not a fair comparison. Its like comparing chalk and cheese.:rolleyes:

Yes we are predominantly using domain as the listings search engine. That will very, very soon be changing to include others. I'll make this clear on the website if that would help.

Peace.

there is part of your problem there...Kudos for what you are trying to achieve, but last year there was nearly a two to one ratio of listings on REA as opposed to domain in South East Queensland - so you are missing a lot.

I am aware that this ratio may reverse in other states, but i point this out really to back your assurances that you will need to very quickly include the other sites if you want to win the accuracy argument.

I will be interested to see how this develops over time - keep up the good effort!!

I've been watching that area for a while now and I KNOW it, the postcode I mentioned before is 6208 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1245746538 and the property I've been watching is on page 6 and listed with realestate.com on the 4th of April,
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1245726295 . I didn't bother counting the exact number of properties listed but there are 10 per page and there are 17 pages so even a quick glance can tell you there are over 100 older then this one.

If you say you have watched this area, then I will respect that and I'll have a closer look at what is going on in this area.

I've been watching that area for a while now and I KNOW it, the postcode I mentioned before is 6208 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1245746538 and the property I've been watching is on page 6 and listed with realestate.com on the 4th of April, http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1245726295.

Ok, Ive had a chance to investigate 6208.This property you have provided us here wasn’t published by realestate.com until the 18th of April; NOT the 4th. Don’t believe me? Check with your RP Data subscription. It states the 18th and I know they are right on this occasion as our own monitoring first picked it up on the 19th and we are monitoring it weekly.

This is an important point as if it was published on realestate.com on the 4th, it would have been in our report (remember our 2 month rule)! It’s going to be in the report next week when we update the data.

I didn't bother counting the exact number of properties listed but there are 10 per page and there are 17 pages so even a quick glance can tell you there are over 100 older then this one.

This was easy for us to check out. There isn’t 100 there still on the market that was published before this one. There was however 81. I believe you when you thought it looked there was a hundred as it does look that way. But by the very reason of ads being refreshed; namely the very one you have provided above, over the rest, it gives the impression of more listings older than it then there are.

But still, 81 is more than what we have provided at 53. The difference: There were a further 8 left out due to concerns on possible data errors. 3 were left out due to the fact they were first published just within the 2 month threshold that we have. The rest are the difference between rea and domain. Up until now, we have been monitoring rea (and some others) but not including them in.

On this front, I have some news for you. Additional sources will be included in from next week. That is all I can say on this matter. But I will let you know once they are in.

That's not counting vacant blocks or properties that changed agents and got to the front of the list again.

We do not capture vacant blocks and so I need to make this clearer on the website. However, if there is interest in having vacant blocks, it wouldnt be that difficult to include them in.
The report does pick up the on properties that changed agents. Please do not suggest it doesn’t. It does.

that could be missing 50%

This is the comment from you that I am annoyed about and did take personal offence. You have extrapolated what you perceive to “know” in your area into a implicit claim that our reports must be missing 50% in lots of areas.

Lets put this on the record right now. Your 50% is grossly inaccurate and is an utterly false claim on our reports. Please do not state this again as though it were fact.

I will not deny that we don’t get all of them. But then again I have never stated that we do get all of them. Obviously I want to capture as many as possible. In most areas we are between 80-90%. In some areas its higher still. In some postcodes (and I mean just some) we down down to 60%. This excludes properties that are not advertised online but I don’t believe there are many of those out there any more. Perhaps some rural areas where this might be the case.

As mentioned above adding in an additional listings source next week will increase the percentages still. But regardless, if you are in the market looking for bargains; this will help you find them. It may not contain everyone of them but that was never the purpose of the exercise.

Now lets get on with the more pleasant points.

How is the property's selling price 10-20 years ago relevant to today's market value or help a buyer decide if it is a bargain?

Just to clarify here. We are publishing the last time the property sold. If it sold 5 months ago, it should make the report. If it sold 20 years ago, and that is the last sale price, that too will make the report. In Victoria and WA we cannot publish the last sold records. Our FAQ section explains why.
http://www.sqmresearch.com.au/homediscounts/faq.php

But to answer your question, which is more about the relevance of the last sold record - it is very relevant! For starters, just knowing when it last sold will give an indication about how much the previous vendors enjoyed the property and location. If you see that someone has indeed stayed there for 20 years, it is suggestive that, up until now at least, the dwelling was a probably stable dwelling for them.

If on the other hand, it sold just a short time ago, that is something you would want to further investigate yes?

How does the fact that the vendor has dropped $200K of the original $900K asking price make it a bargain?

It doesn’t of course; but it could be and so it makes it worth investigating. But this is much more than about price; its psychology. If I see a piece of real estate that I like, yet the vendor has held steadfast to their asking price for a long, long time, the chances are that vendor isn’t likely to negotiate much. If on the other hand I see some big price discounting, it may be suggestive they might be a little more negotiable.

All I know is that in my time buying real estate, I have always been interested in knowing how long a property has been on the market for and has the vendor dropped the price and what did they pay for it?

Is it just me in the world that gets curious on those questions? I think not.

Last edited:
Ok, Ive had a chance to investigate 6208.This property you have provided us here wasn’t published by realestate.com until the 18th of April; NOT the 4th. Don’t believe me? Check with your RP Data subscription. It states the 18th and I know they are right on this occasion as our own monitoring first picked it up on the 19th and we are monitoring it weekly.

This is an important point as if it was published on realestate.com on the 4th, it would have been in our report (remember our 2 month rule)! It’s going to be in the report next week when we update the data.

Must be important to you if you went to all that trouble to prove you were right so I will ignore the fact that I stopped to talk to the agent while he was planting the sign in front of the house and believe you and even RPData who are also right on this occasion because it matches your data. :rolleyes:
I did not pay for your report so I was not aware if it was included in it or not and frankly I couldn't care less. My point was that there are 10 pages of properties listed for longer then the one I gave you as example and that did not including relisted properties, changed agents or listed on other sites but not on re.com. Since I looked on domain I found another dozen or so which are only taking 1 listing on re.com so the exact numbers could be much higher then 100.
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...mt=&header=&cc=&c=99850799&s=wa&tm=1246001161

Even if I was to agree with your finding of 81 properties you are still about 40% off the mark and your property report for 6208 would still be assessed as an epic fail. The fact that you don't provide property prices for WA makes it even less useful.
Btw, just in case you want to investigate my example further that property has been on and off the market for about 2-3 years now. If its only going to make your list next week does that mean that your report is missing out on any property that was temporarily removed from the market ? I seem to remember reading somewhere that you picked most of them up as well but maybe I got that wrong.

This was easy for us to check out. There isn’t 100 there still on the market that was published before this one. There was however 81. I believe you when you thought it looked there was a hundred as it does look that way. But by the very reason of ads being refreshed; namely the very one you have provided above, over the rest, it gives the impression of more listings older than it then there are.

Should the fact they got refreshed put them at the FRONT of the list hence making the actual list even longer ? Have another look. ;)

The report does pick up the on properties that changed agents. Please do not suggest it doesn’t. It does.
Even when there is a break in between ?

This is the comment from you that I am annoyed about and did take personal offence. You have extrapolated what you perceive to “know” in your area into a implicit claim that our reports must be missing 50% in lots of areas.

Lets put this on the record right now. Your 50% is grossly inaccurate and is an utterly false claim on our reports. Please do not state this again as though it were fact.

I doubt very much that its grossly inaccurate but if I was to agree with you (which I definitely am not) that my numbers are grossly inaccurate because I missed out 25 properties what does it make your report that missed out on 28 properties ? :D
Besides, I only suggested that it could go that high and not that all the post codes are out by 50%. Since I only entered the ONE post code out of the entire country and got 50% missing (or even the 40% to which you conceded) you have to agree that it doesn't look good for you and there is a good chance of finding a postcode with an even large percentage. You play the numbers so you tell me, what are the chances of me entering the most inaccurate postcode in the country on my first try ?
I can understand you being annoyed, if I got caught out with my pants down I too would be annoyed.
As for extrapolating stuff that's something I leave to the "experts", my claim was only for the postcode I gave you as example and nothing else. I left the facts speak for themselves and people make up their own mind.

Just to clarify here. We are publishing the last time the property sold. If it sold 5 months ago, it should make the report. If it sold 20 years ago, and that is the last sale price, that too will make the report. In Victoria and WA we cannot publish the last sold records.

LOL, thanks for the clarification.

Not that I want to buy one but just curious if you can clarify something else about your reports,
* are the fees for WA and VIC properties reports lower because you don't provide the last sale price ?
* do you have a refund policy for reports that turn out to be inaccurate by 10% or more ?

But to answer your question, which is more about the relevance of the last sold record - it is very relevant!
Yet you don't provide for WA and Vic ?:confused:

For starters, just knowing when it last sold will give an indication about how much the previous vendors enjoyed the property and location. If you see that someone has indeed stayed there for 20 years, it is suggestive that, up until now at least, the dwelling was a probably stable dwelling for them.
You may be able to flog a house to a FHB based on the previous owner's level of enjoyment in the property because they are buying a dream but I doubt investors would care much about that. They may have been forced to stay there 20 years because the CG growth was shocking, the area is a dump and they could not find a sucker to buy it from them,etc. Maybe they are now moving out because it took 20 years for the toxic waste they built on to cause them cancer OR they just found out a nuclear power plant has received building approvals across the road from them OR a bunch of undesirables who party noisily all night and sleep all day have moved in the area.

Let me give you a real example of what I mean and lets take the properties in the vicinity of http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783119
Not only have are the asking prices lower but some have been on the market for a long time, the vendors are willing to negotiate and a property inspection up to a few months ago would have revealed little. Over the past 2-3 years the owners of surrounding properties have been quietly moving out after living there for 15 or more years. They enjoyed the peace and tranquility of living there not to mention the views of a lake in the backyard and a bush reserve across the road. But they also knew that work on the Freeway was due to begin soon and that nice bushland reserve was reserved - for the Freeway. One street is so close to the Freeway that you could probably stay inside your house open your window and throw rocks at the passing cars The bushland view has been replaced by a concrete wall which will only go so far in cutting down traffic noise and all the "bargain" hunters who bought there based on previous vendor's enjoyment are probably spewing when the Freeway opens up next month. How did the vendor's enjoyment of the property fit into it here ?

But this is much more than about price; its psychology. If I see a piece of real estate that I like, yet the vendor has held steadfast to their asking price for a long, long time, the chances are that vendor isn’t likely to negotiate much. If on the other hand I see some big price discounting, it may be suggestive they might be a little more negotiable.

Maybe but I think its bad psychology and can do more harm then good.
Unless a property sold in the past 1-2 years the last sale price paid for it many years ago has very little importance, other then to satisfy your curiosity. For first time buyers it may even cloud their judgment and cause them to become even more emotional in their decision then they already. For eg. The vendor only paid 50k for it and is now asking 500k so it must be overpriced OR they paid 700k 2 years ago and are now only asking for 550k so it must be a bargain. ( identical properties on the same street )

All I know is that in my time buying real estate, I have always been interested in knowing how long a property has been on the market for and has the vendor dropped the price and what did they pay for it?

Is it just me in the world that gets curious on those questions? I think not.

Now you got me curious , did you ended up buying lots of bargains that way ?
Maybe I'm used to hunting the old way but I do believe you will find more bargains in the newly listed properties section then something that its been on the shelf for a year. When I do get itching for another property I try to find new listings by driving around in the area I want and take notes of anything new, drop into open homes during inspection times or re offices and ask the agents if they have anything new coming on the market. I do my own research and only pay for a report to validate my decision to buy AFTER I found a bargain and BEFORE I get the professional to do a pest inspection. Then again I don't churn properties like you probably do and also don't need to move in them so I can get my time to know the area before buying there.
For WA buys I prefer the Landgate reports because they provide information that others don't, like the last sale and even get pending sales with future settlement dates. If you want to see samples of what they look like see http://www.landgate.wa.gov.au/corporate.nsf/web/Property+Information
I found the premium reports excellent and they include a copy of the title,caveats,etc.
http://www.landgate.wa.gov.au/corporate.nsf/web/Property+Report+-+Learn+More/$FILE/Sample_Premium_Property_Report.pdf

Normally I would have ignored your spruiking and wouldn't even bother to try the link but I found it ironic that not long ago both you and S.Keen were trying to outdo each other on the media with predictions of D&G for the property market and conspiracy theories. A year later you are spruiking your "bargain of the week " reports on a property investors forum and S.Keen is asking for donations so he can continue his research. http://www.debtdeflation.com/blogs/research/

Maybe its just me that found it amusing and had the uncontrollable urge to try your free link to the reports. But as they'd say on the other site, Epic Fail.

Didn't mean to start a war over some missing properties in a report which I would never buy anyway but it was YOU that demanded to be showed proof that your report was missing properties in a way that almost implied I was making things up because I had something against you or something. Then accused me of trying to shoot the messenger, like I would ever do something like that. :D

I wish you good luck with your reports and I really do hope that you sell plenty of them because it would confirm that the property market is starting to boom again and the D&Gers have missed another opportunity.

Now you got me curious , did you ended up buying lots of bargains that way ?.

Hi Yorke,

We bought almost all of our properties (including our ppor) in essentially that way.

Take our ppor - went to auction in April a few years ago. Got passed in - then sat on the market until we came along in October of that year. We got it for less than the highest bid at the auction (and this was prior to the days of rampant vendor bids - so I believe the offer was real).

I currently take snapshots of my re.com shortlist, to see propoerties that are just "hanging around" for ages - so the report being offered by black dragon would be of great interest to me.

Cheers,

The Y-man

We bought our little bargain last year that way too, but not by actively watching re.com.au, just walking past the REA sign in the cafe window once a week for our lunch out. After over a year of it being listed we went screw it, lets have a look. And they actually took our offensively low offer.

Wouldn't have got it anywhere near as cheap if we'd tried to jump on it the instant it was listed.

I'm currently watching (because I can't currently buy anything) 3 properties that are also long listings as potential next projects, one has been for sale for 490 odd days according to BD's free data, one about 5 months (perfect but overpriced) and one hasn't hit the 90 days yet but it will, its in the same category of overpriced-demolition-only as the first one. All three are overpriced but subdivisible.

Yesterday I found out the first one has been *condemned* so they might actually have to change the price down to land value and the description to not say 'nice renovator's delight' :D Mind you I also found out that that block has already been subdivided from 2 acres to 1 acre + 2 large house lots in the past, which would explain the high price tag and why the owner is so happy to hold out. THAT you can't get from this report.

sqm - well respected

SQM research has a fine reputation and some of its research is published in API magazine. Keep up the good work guys and don't be distracted by low net worth criticism from people who really have no idea about how markets work.

Disclaimer: I have no association with SQM and have not received any services from them either on a paid or unpaid basis.

Should the fact they got refreshed put them at the FRONT of the list hence making the actual list even longer ? Have another look.

Honestly I have looked enough at this postcode of yours. You have conveniently left out the situation of this very property being refreshed and the majority of the others not being refreshed.

Even when there is a break in between ?

Yes, up to a time period of 12 months.

40% to which you conceded

The numbers are higher than 60% for your postcode. So far you have tried to put evidence down to the contrary, but your evidence has been proved wrong.

If it was less than 60%, I would have no problem in conceeding that. But I wont conceed that if it isnt true.

Yet you don't provide for WA and Vic ?

Yes thats right. It is dissapointing. I gave a link to the FAQ which goes into this. But fortunatley we still have for these states the main data behind the report.:)

As for the rest of your post on the merits of tracking last sale prices and an advertising history of the property. Well thats just your opinion, which you are entitled to have. Others have a different opinion as what has been expressed here.

Oh, except for this.

not long ago both you and S.Keen were trying to outdo each other on the media with predictions

I have never tried to outdo Steven Keen's predictions. Would you please post here the links to comments I have made that real estate will fall by 40% or more. You wont find any because there isnt any. Yes I have been bearish on real esate in the past and still bearish in certain locations. In 2006 and 2007 I stated that Perth property prices could fall by up to 20%. But that doesnt mean I am always bearish.

In 2003 I was on national television actually predicting Perth and Adelaide was that place to invest for the medium term future.

In 2008 I was at my most bearish and that was during the point when The RBA had just finished making their last i-rate hike. I warned that if rates were to stay at those levels we would have a significant correction on our hands and I think most of the real estate industry would have agreed with me.You can once again check the site and have a look at a residential report we wrote in July of that year, which covers off the risks and what-ifs.

Of late I have actually been more optimistic on Perth. There are still risks of course but the correction to date has taken a lot of steam out of the market, which is a good thing for the immediate term.

By all means question my data, give me "what ifs" etc. I am happy to discuss with you the merits of the report or other issues but do not make false claims over what I have said or what I offer as a business.

edit for typos

Last edited:
By all means question my data, give me "what ifs" etc. I am happy to discuss with you the merits of the report or other issues but do not make false claims over what I have said or what I offer as a business.

From what I have read you have not been happy with the responses yet the only reason you are posting here is to promote your site.:(

Your site is a statistical site which as Yorke has pointed out is not 100% accurate. That you then can't seem to accept this is a problem you need to deal with. I suggest that you drop the indignant attitude as with that sort of attitude you will very quickly use up people patience and certainly I for one will no longer view any of your posts.

Cheers

So I am not allowed to defend a false claim? I am not to take it personally when someone lies about what I said or imply that my product is less accurate than what I have said?

I have never said or implied it is 100% accurate. Never.

Yes, I have placed my product here for all to see and I have no problem in being quizzed about it. But if you expect me to lie down and not defend a false claim, then this would be an absurd and deeply unfair situation.

Ok agreed, I went too far there under the heat of the moment and I did withdraw it. You have republished it.

For the record, when **** banned Chris I publicly stood up to try and stop that. I dont agree with everything he has to say; far from it. But I do not misstate what he has said and I dont agree with those that do.

The comment was that I tried to outdo Mr Keen in terms dire predictions on the market and I never did.

I wont make any more comments here anymore. It is true I am not good a keeping my cool when I feel that people want to misstate what I do.

Chris does do a far better job to keep his, which I pay him tribute..

Addios.

Last edited:
You have conveniently left out the situation of this very property being refreshed and the majority of the others not being refreshed.

Still doesn't change the facts that THIS time that property has been listed since April. The fact that it was also listed last year was not relevant because it has been "newly" listed in April. I only mentioned it now because you said it would be in NEXT WEEKS list and you mentioned that you were also picking refreshed properties. I was just wondering if you picked the ones with a break in between listings but if its too confusing for you then forget the fact that its been refreshed. Doesn't affect the 50% argument which started this debate.

The numbers are higher than 60% for your postcode. So far you have tried to put evidence down to the contrary, but your evidence has been proved wrong.

If it was less than 60%, I would have no problem in conceeding that. But I wont conceed that if it isnt true.

Ok would you be happy with 65% then ? I only came up with a 60% figure because your list picked 53 and after you found 81 afterward so I figure 60% was close enough for you.
If you want the exact figure I've pasted the list with 136 properties I got left from re.com and domain after removing duplicates and properties under offer. Since I don't have any sophisticated software or access to any subscription data as you probably do I'm sure you will find a few that I may have missed to remove. Then again using the re.com list I missed most of the refreshed ones and any of the dozen properties listed on owner.com goprivate.com or on other smaller sites. If you think that any of them should not be on the list feel free to mark them as such.

1 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007839451
2 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783262
3 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007837744
4 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007849839
5 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007588944
6 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007837743
7 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783102
8 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783119
9 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783103
10 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007778676
11 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007360083
12 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783100
13 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783117
14 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007752643
15 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007785886
16 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783099
17 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007736375
18 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007857226
19 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783121
20 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783101
21 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007509525
22 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007856511
23 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783122
24 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783107
25 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783108
26 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007783098
27 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007851710
28 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007789987
29 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007755311
30 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007789995
31 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007722131
32 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007853828
33 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007762528
34 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007742116
35 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007762508
36 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007435908
37 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007854706
38 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007335271
39 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007862987
40 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007719860
41 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007448139
42 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007785229
43 http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007576299
44 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2541&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
45 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...5429&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
46 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...5471&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
47 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2750&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
48 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6935&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
49 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...8637&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
50 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...8786&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
51 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...9559&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
52 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...8583&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
53 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...9766&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
54 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6209&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
55 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...9553&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
56 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2880&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
57 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...1480&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
58 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6206&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
59 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6143&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
60 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...1497&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
61 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...5135&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
62 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...5756&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
63 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...0423&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
64 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...3417&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
65 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...7599&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
66 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2659&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
67 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2679&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
68 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...9313&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
69 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...9127&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
70 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...0097&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
71 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2367&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
72 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...7412&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
73 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...8046&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
74 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...8956&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
75 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...8869&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
76 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...5489&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
77 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...1642&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
78 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...0170&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
79 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...5627&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
80 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6325&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
81 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...4203&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
82 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...5396&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
83 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...8836&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
84 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...7139&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
85 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...9539&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
86 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...0329&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
87 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...3950&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
88 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2162&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
89 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6969&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
90 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6819&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
91 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...0521&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
92 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...7336&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
93 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...1695&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
94 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...0166&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
95 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2740&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
96 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...4410&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
97 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2540&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
98 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...0379&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
99 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...7693&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
100 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...5603&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
101 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6015&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
102 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...8835&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
103 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...7814&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
104 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...7190&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
105 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...3921&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
106 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...3988&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
107 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...9656&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
108 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6967&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
109 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...3545&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
110 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6569&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
111 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2376&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
112 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...5373&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
113 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...7073&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
114 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2083&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
115 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6672&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
116 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6608&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
117 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...0174&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
118 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2793&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
119 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...4788&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
120 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...0100&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
121 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...9835&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
122 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...7340&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
123 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6321&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
124 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...9553&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
125 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...7709&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
126 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2564&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
127 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...1508&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
128 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...8474&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
129 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...2305&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
130 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...0316&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
131 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...1528&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
132 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...6140&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
133 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...8405&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
134 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...9129&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
135 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...1261&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080
136 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...0077&t=res&s=wa&c=18852288&p=10&tm=1246097080

I have never tried to outdo Steven Keen's predictions.
In that case you have my apologies. I must have got the wrong impression after reading your posts on the other site thinking you were hamming it up for the crowds and to get some media coverage and spruike stuff. I must have had you mixed up with another guy who's name I won't mention because he'd probably send the lawyers around my place just to get his name in the news. Once again you have my sincere apologies for mixing you up with someone else.

By all means question my data, give me "what ifs" etc.

OK, if you insist. :D
I've posted my list and since I don't expect you to post your work in here for nothing please feel free to mark my list and see of you can remove enough to take it below the 100 mark. ( as per my original claim right before you got all steamed up.)

I wont make any more comments here anymore. It is true I am not good a keeping my cool when I feel that people want to misstate what I do.

Chris does do a far better job to keep his, which I pay him tribute..

Addios.
Its a public forum FFS. You have the choice to prove you numbers were right, admit you were wrong or ignore my post. Either way it doesn't matter to me and I doubt it would to anyone else here so there is no need to take your ball and go home. if you do that every time you don't agree with someone you'll run out of forums to post on and have to start your own. :D

).

I currently take snapshots of my re.com shortlist, to see propoerties that are just "hanging around" for ages -

Same here from time to time but only for the 4 postcodes that I know well enough to know a real bargain from a fake ones. I also take a drive around the area when I get the itch to buy and take notes. In a buyer's market keen sellers will sometimes price the property at just below fair value to get rid of it quickly. The really keen ones will often take the first offer fearing that they may not get another one for a very long time specially if they are surrounded by properties that have been in the market for a long time. Also if the agent thinks that he has a buyer lined up (you) he'll try to get list it as low as possible so he can brag that he sold it in x days and attract even more listings. ( Because nobody likes to list with a loser who hasn't sold a property in months. :D )
You can do it the long way around and wait for a year or so for the price to drop but a year is a long time and if the property is such a bargain you probably are not the only one who's spotted it. ;)

Its a public forum FFS. You have the choice to prove you numbers were right, admit you were wrong or ignore my post. Either way it doesn't matter to me and I doubt it would to anyone else here so there is no need to take your ball and go home. if you do that every time you don't agree with someone you'll run out of forums to post on and have to start your own. :D

Exactly Yorke, it's a bit daft to threaten legal action against anonymous people on the internet. A bit like the times when Monkey Boy and Stingray threatened to report 'Shadow' to the police for posting stuff they didn't like on another forum. :rolleyes:

For the record I appreciate Black Dragon's efforts to provide more transparent data on the property market. BD and I have corresponded by email in the past and I have found him to be honest and upfront in those communications.

BD, it's the internet - you'll have to get used to it. You know yourself how often people on the other forum misstate, misquote and misrepresent me and plenty of other Somersofters. Not much we can do about it - that's what happens on the internet. I think it would be best for you if you do continue to post here. At least you have that ability and privilege - you are allowed to post here and put forward your side of the argument. Somersoft is pretty open in that way, unlike other forums that deny a right of reply to the people who they disagree with, such as myself, Yorke, Chris Joye etc. (all permanently banned and denied any right of reply there despite the constant lies and misrepresentation of our views!)

Last edited:
Back