SQM's BARGAINS OF THE WEEK

SQM's research is getting some deserved recognition. Its a rare thing indeed for Jenman to promote any organization.

To SQM: how can we access your entire database. Rather than buying data for one suburb or state, how do we do so for the whole country?!

Keep up the good work. Hurrah for transparent markets!

Wish I had shares in your website after last night - dont forget your friends after google buy you out for 5 mill. Im not kidding either...well done on an innovative product.

Aussie

Fantastic! I wonder what the RE industry/agents think of this. Any feedback BlackDragon?

Good on you mate, I hope its huge. I think it will be.

I reckon realestae agents wont really give a toss - infact they could use it as a conditioning tool to push sellers into pulling the trigger. Truth be known what the sqm report will show up are the thousands of vendors who think their properties are worth more than they are. A good agent will just need to mention that thier house will show up on this report very soon and thus they should take the last offer on the table.

Being a realestate agent is IMO all about getting the listing in the first place not the price for which the house will sell. Once the listing has been obtained then its about closing the deal. this report will help.

Cheers
Aussie

The agents have been very quiet to date. Though someone's told me Enzo has taken notice. Mind you, he usually emails me with insults when I come up on his radar!..lol

Good news is that we are working on a subscription system for complete national access. It will have a good sorting feature so you can focus on property types and price ranges.

Hoping to have it up in about four weeks.

Have you ever heard the RE term "buying a listing"?

If so, do you know what it means?

Being a realestate agent is IMO all about getting the listing in the first place not the price for which the house will sell. Once the listing has been obtained then its about closing the deal. this report will help.

Cheers
Aussie

I reckon realestae agents wont really give a toss

agree, but i suspect for different reasons. I also think a good agent will be able to use properties in the report as evidence to potential vendors that their property isn't worth what they think it is. It will be another tool for use by agents who know what they are doing - it may well hurt the dodgy agents though - i hope it does!

oh dead wrong there though my friend.

you are only a good REA when you can list effectively and sell effectively - good agents will only take properties where the vendors expectations are realistic - it is a "holistic" process - every step counts and job performance is king. Taking every listing you can get is fraught with danger - I know lots of agents here locally that have plenty of stock on the books, but none of them are saleable for a range of reasons...

For once, Evand and I agree - you describe buying listings...

Sorry i should say that the expectations need to be realistsic but it is still all about 'getting the listing'. So I should rephrase its all about getting the listing (of a realisitc buyer). Has any one ver heard of 'conditioning' afer getting the listing - happens all the time.

I have been in broking and sales for 20 years and I can tell you this is my experience. Doesnt mean you should not give great service though. i never said they were mtually exclusive.

( I never said that i condone the practice of conditioning either but it happens I reckon)

Not dead wrong - absolutely 100% correct!!

Without a listing, a RE has nothing. This was drummed into me many times when I did the RE course, and then many times I was offered jobs in real estate.

Shouldn't be any question about this. Get the listing by whatever means possible, then condition the vendor down over the course of the campaign.

Not dead wrong - absolutely 100% correct!!

Without a listing, a RE has nothing. This was drummed into me many times when I did the RE course, and then many times I was offered jobs in real estate.

Shouldn't be any question about this. Get the listing by whatever means possible, then condition the vendor down over the course of the campaign.

so essentially - it's industry standard to deceive the person you're employed to attain the best price for - by near-on verbally promising to push for the best price - a price possibly beyond the market's expectations and then ease the client into a lower price.

then you sit back and wonder why the client WONT lower their price, and then it's the client being "unreasonable" and then it's "their" fault you can't sell their house.

sounds like an awesome industry - one wrapped in trust, integrity and strong foundations. where do i sign to become a part of it?

you read it here first folks ... what a disgusting way to earn a living. i find this practise abhorrent and i truly wonder how you sleep at night.

Don't know if you're being sarcastic BC. But its called buying a listing (to sign up the vendor with promises of a high sale) and then conditioning (to lower the price to get the actual sale)

I was told by aRE friend of mine its actually taught in the REI's training modules. Great huh.

Its not about a few dodgy agents, its a dodgy industry.

Buy the listing and
LIST TO EXIST!
then condition like crazy.

so essentially - it's industry standard to deceive the person you're employed to attain the best price for - by near-on verbally promising to push for the best price - a price possibly beyond the market's expectations and then ease the client into a lower price.

then you sit back and wonder why the client WONT lower their price, and then it's the client being "unreasonable" and then it's "their" fault you can't sell their house.

sounds like an awesome industry - one wrapped in trust, integrity and strong foundations. where do i sign to become a part of it?

you read it here first folks ... what a disgusting way to earn a living. i find this practise abhorrent and i truly wonder how you sleep at night.

Yep thats why consumers need to be switched on. Buyer beware. Speaking as a consumer (i am not an agent) I dont find it that abhorant - you should see what happens on Wall st or in Canberra - that will really ratttle your cage.

The key is understanding the sytem and then making decisions based on your own moral compass.

Cheers
Aussie

Unfortunately, this is also very true.

Exactly why I can't bring myself to become a RE agent, even though I know of some who actually try to do the right thing, but the industry itself tends to kill off these few.

There's one RE company here in Frankston who actually pays a bonus to their salesmen, every time they get the vendor to lower the price. :eek:

I guess to be fair, I'm sure this sort of deceit and corruption is commonplace in other industries too.

Just not for me...:)

look - im an investor - i'll take a bondi mansion for a fifty if i could.

but these agents are employed by the seller to act on their behalf.

blowing smoke up their a*r*s*e hurts both ends of the specturm - so what good are REAs?

Good news is that we are working on a subscription system for complete national access. It will have a good sorting feature so you can focus on property types and price ranges. Hoping to have it up in about four weeks.

Hope to see this tool avilable soon, so we can scan the national figures! Again, keep up the great work & don't be discouraged by negativity from critics.

Back