SSG Sydney Social Gathering :)

Riding off the back of the success of the SIG meeting on Tues night with Steve Navra ( Thanks for a great night Steve!) and the general enjoyment had by most ppl, I am proposing another SSG for February. It is long overdue, of course, but I'm hoping that us likeminded individuals can also get together just to chat and network, even without the enlightenment of a guest speaker (hence the different group name!)
SSG's have been great in the past, with everyone meeting and getting to know at least one new person and the conversation is usually nice and lively as well. ALWAYS something new to learn and everyone is welcome. Atmosphere is very casual and, unlike SIG, there is no structure at all. You get out of these get togethers what you put in.
Hope to see lots of you there!

DATE: Fri 18th Feb NOW Fri 25th Feb
TIME: 7.30pm
PLACE: Bull and Bush Inn, corner of Windsor and Old Northern Rds
Baulkham Hills.
RSVP: To me by Thurs Feb 10.

Same venue as last time, and for those who want to know more, please feel free to call or PM me. The pub provides bistro type meals, with enough variety to please most :) No obligation to eat, but in order to secure a table on a Friday night, I will need numbers by the RSVP date, as they can often have functions which take up all the tables!

Last edited by a moderator:
PS: Will only hold this event if we have numbers that exceed 8. Had to cancel last get together (picnic) due to lack of interest, and would like to avoid sitting all by myself sitting in a pub with only me and myself to converse with :)

PPS: And no smart comments on that either thanks RossV!! :D

........i have taken my nice pills today jacque :rolleyes:

fortunately i will be in sydney on that date ................... :)

unfortunately i will be there for another reason and won't be able to make it ..... :(

rossv

Jacque,

I'd have been up for this, but unfortunately I will be in Africa on holidays until the middle of March. I'm surprised at the lack of response from the Sydney set though!!

I'm sure there'll be a few more to come yet...

Cheers,
Michael.

MichaelWhyte said:
Jacque,

I'd have been up for this, but unfortunately I will be in Africa on holidays until the middle of March. I'm surprised at the lack of response from the Sydney set though!!

I'm sure there'll be a few more to come yet...

Cheers,
Michael.

No worries, Michael. Have a wonderful trip and watch out for those lions :)
Maybe all the Sydneysiders are just shy :confused:

Jacque said:
DATE: Fri 18th Feb
TIME: 7.30pm
PLACE: Bull and Bush Inn, corner of Windsor and Old Northern Rds
Baulkham Hills.
RSVP: To me by Thurs Feb 10.

Hi Jacq's,

Is the above date set in concrete??

My thoughts are that I would love to attend such a gathering; especially as there were so many people who wished to chat at the end of the SIG meeting, but alas it was late and we all had to head off home.

About the 18th:
I will be flying to Brissie that day for the Brisbane structure course, so that day is not good for me.

However, a week later . . . ??

Regards,

Steve

Date amended

Steve Navra said:
Hi Jacq's,

Is the above date set in concrete??

My thoughts are that I would love to attend such a gathering; especially as there were so many people who wished to chat at the end of the SIG meeting, but alas it was late and we all had to head off home.

About the 18th:
I will be flying to Brissie that day for the Brisbane structure course, so that day is not good for me.

However, a week later . . . ??

Regards,

Steve

Well, I don't know.....
Mucks up my schedule a bit, but I'm sure I can organise something.
If you're going to definitely come, then I'm sure I will get a better response! Do people find you that interesting?! :p

OK, peoples, due to the lack of response (except for Wish-ga and myself that is!) I will postpone this event to the following Friday Feb 25th and see if this makes a difference. Same deal, same time etc. RSVP now changed to Feb 18th.
Knock me out!

Doh!

Still within my Africa timeframe... And the old B&B is right around the corner from my old hood. I grew up in Castle Hill and would love to go back there for a bight to eat and a catch up.

Ah well, count me in for the next one then...

Have a great time!
Michael.

Simon said:
Jacque,

I will try and get down for it - might even get Jen to tag along too if studies permit.

Cheers,

Ah, another forumite crawls out of the woodwork :)
Hehe- hope to see you and the gorgeous wife there, Simon. Looking forward to finally meeting her!

Jacque said:
Ah, another forumite crawls out of the woodwork :)
Hehe- hope to see you and the gorgeous wife there, Simon. Looking forward to finally meeting her!

Not as much as she is looking forward to meeting you! :)

Simon

I'll put it in the diary, but have to confirm closer to the date. Since I can just about walk there, I should try to make it... much better than getting to Glebe!!

Pen

Hi All,

I've been a bit of a silent forumite in the past (despite the odd post) but my husband and I would love to come along to the SSG mtg and meet all of you.

Now we just need to work out how to get there in time!!! (we live in the eastern suburbs)

Arwen

Back