Subprime - Commercial??

The papers have detailed plenty of bad news regarding commercial property and refinancing. Seems that the lending issues are now also a consideration for commercial property.

Anyone tried to refinance or roll over a commercial loan recently? Any difficulty with this or any advice generally?

Will be in the situation this year and want to get a feel for whats happeniong out there.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I settled a commercial loan in November and am seeking a new commercial loan right now. Commercial lenders still seem pretty bullish; I've not encountered difficulties.

I must admit i have not noticed any slowdown in Commercial Loan enquiries or indeed and tightening in loan criteria.

A couple of Commercial lenders have pulled there pure Nodoc loans but that was always to be expected.

Oh heck, if you're looking for problems, there are plenty out there. Check out citigroup's new writedown: there seem to be issues with credit debts now. There are plenty to choose from: commercial loans, credit cards, auto loans, credit default swaps........
Alex

My experience has been the same as the other responses, commercial lenders continue to be aggressive. The one thing that has been effected is that some of the mortgage funds curently have less money available, but this has as much to do with the change of Super laws at the begining of the financial year (this lead to a lot of withdrawls) as it does with the effects of the subprime crisis.

Regards
Alistair

Back