subscription to API or YIP

Hi all,

I would be happy to hear your thoughts about how much value added is a subscription to API/YIP magazine. If it is of some value, which one would you recommend?

Thanks and best regards,

Rafa

Sorry to be negative and this is a personal view, I had two years worth of subscription (YIP) and got bored reading them mid way. So, it didn't add much value for me except few inspiring stories. Similar stories can be found on this forum as well as lot more invaluable information/advice.

I got some cheaper deals through scoopon to AIP and Smart Property investor so have 12month subscriptions to both of them. The Stats at the back are always useful. Most of the stuff is just the same but i find ill always something new each time, even if its something small. Its nice to read others success stories swell, it gives me motivation.

cheers

I got some cheaper deals through scoopon to AIP and Smart Property investor so have 12month subscriptions to both of them. The Stats at the back are always useful. Most of the stuff is just the same but i find ill always something new each time, even if its something small. Its nice to read others success stories swell, it gives me motivation.

cheers

So do I (both API & SPI). Somehow I prefer SPI though. More informative.

Just keep signing into SS - it's all the updated info you need.

The mags tend to become a bit repetitive.

Cheers

Jamie

I subscribe to all 3 (API, SPI, YIP) I like reading, so I don't mind skipping through them all.

I find API more interesting than the other two. I subscribe to these magazines when they offer free books etc. so they cost around $5-7. And I find them worth paying that money :D

Yes, they are repetitive. For example YIP will carry a issue about investing with low income every year. And they don't always give all the details.

But in my experience, you learn something from each issue.

Thank you all. It got quite a lot of information on their actual website so it will keep me busy for a while. Nevertheless, when on a train, I am actually enjoying reading a book/ magazine rather than digging through the phone, so that might be a good time killer...

Thanks again!

Disclaimer: Used to work on SPI!

I really enjoy all the mags for different reasons (and I also just love magazines). But I'd recommend treating each on its merits depending on what you're interested in. Some of the features are invariably better than others, and if you're not interested in duplex developments or regional towns, then some issues are going to be useless.

If you want a subscription, then every magazine does a discount at the home shows - often really cheap - and at least an opportunity to grab a few free ones to see if you like it or not. Six month subscriptions are also pretty good value there.

Disclaimer: Used to work on SPI!

I really enjoy all the mags for different reasons (and I also just love magazines). But I'd recommend treating each on its merits depending on what you're interested in. Some of the features are invariably better than others, and if you're not interested in duplex developments or regional towns, then some issues are going to be useless.

If you want a subscription, then every magazine does a discount at the home shows - often really cheap - and at least an opportunity to grab a few free ones to see if you like it or not. Six month subscriptions are also pretty good value there.

I want to comment about SPI subscription.
I've got a discount / cheap subscription from scoopon (2x, I think)
Hope they do it again this year.

Back