Survey of the Site costs

Hiya all,

What is a 'normal' surveying costs you have paid recently for a residential block?

The survey to include:
1. to fix the fencing in relation to the title boundary position and
2. to obtain feature and level information to facilitate a Planning application

Regards,
GC

Oooh, I have no idea. Our surveyor did the survey AND the planning application and handled all the feepaying for the application too, so we ended up paying him about $3k.

Given the size of the fees, I'd say less than $1k.

This was the way our council recommended doing it, I'm sure we could have done our own planning application but ... first time and all that.

Hi Gentle Chief,

A full boundary survey is about 650 + GST including peg out.

I think you want a Full Detail Survey for the other which is about $1200 + GST. (trees levels buildings etc.) Usually a detail won't include peg out of boundaries.

Regards JO

I paid about $2,500 for mine. But my site was quite large (1,640 sqm) and I requested a full site analysis of neighbouring properties within a 50m radius.

I paid around $850, for a re peg, survey of the block showing levels and neighbours levels next to my fences. 1010m2 block

Chomp

Hi GC,

I wish there were a common price for surveys - would make my job much easier!

In regards to your questions...
1. Depends on size of block, location, slope, availability and validity of old surveys in the area, no. of corners etc. Can vary anywhere from a few hundred to up around $2000.

2. For a standard feature and level to AHD on a 'normal' sub~900sq.m block that is reasonably flat, open and showing ResCode information to adjoining properties you should expect around the $1300 mark. As a guide, add a few hundred if it is steep, heavily tree'd, detailed adjoining buildings, double block, site analysis required etc.

Surveyors work out prices from aerial photos, street view and any other resources we can get our hands on. It is hard to get a common price together, but we all know that the guy in the next suburb will do it cheaper so do our best to be competitive. My advice is to shop around and send your existing quotes to the next surveyor who will most likely beat it.

Hope this sheds some light on your query!

Regards,
Ashley Stacey

Back