Surveyor Recommendation - NSW / Parramatta

I am planning to do a full survey on a property located in Parramatta as I am applying for a dual occupancy (knockdown / rebuild).

Are there any recommendations? Roughly how much should I budget? (I have had quotes from $1200 to $1800).

Make sure you get them to do streetscape servey and adjusent properties windows too.

Also try and negotiate to get autocad copy of survey too.

Make sure you get them to do streetscape servey and adjusent properties windows too.

Thanks for the advise but not sure what that is. Would you care to elaborate?

My think was that when you ask them for a full survey they have to provide everything including the high and low points and how the water will flow from the front of your property to the next water pit etc....

Also try and negotiate to get autocad copy of survey too.

This is a very important - whenever dealing with architects, engineers, surveyors, etc make sure you ascertain the DWG drawings as the PDFs are worthless.

This is important if you want to change the crew or pass on info from one to the other.

This is a very important - whenever dealing with architects, engineers, surveyors, etc make sure you ascertain the DWG drawings as the PDFs are worthless.

This is important if you want to change the crew or pass on info from one to the other.

Thanks for that but what is it exactly that I need to ask for?

ok so in a nutshell I will be asking for a full survey including:

streetscape survey and adjusent properties windows;

autocad copy of survey and dwg drawings

Anything else?

Whats the best way to negotiate with them? (ie: if i need to leave deposit, how to divide the payment to ensure that I get all the work)

Try Sydney registered surveyors..

They are good.. But really busy...

Cost of survey will range from $1100 to $2000.

If I was you.. I would also get soil test done now...so no surprise later when it comes to do engineering part.

Great, do you always need to do soil test and who would normally do it?

The plan is to get approval now but build a few years down the track.

You'll need the soil test for the engineer - they could engage a geotech for you.

The DA won't need structural drawings only at the CC stage.

DA is usually live for 5 years so if you aren't building immediately, you might wait on the geotech/engineer but don't wait 4.5 years.

Anthony and associates surveying.
M: 0404 925 139
They did my property and were quite quick to come out.
If you're appointing an architect, they will include surveying and will probably end up being cheaper.

Just want to know what the advantages of having dwg drawings are? For future renos?

When you engage different professionals structural engineer, mechanical engineer, architect, landscape architect, etc - they will ask you for the drawings.

If you send them PDF's its useless. Its a bit like trying to edit or work on a file - you need the "word" version so you can jump in and edit the file. This is DWG drawings are so important.

.....and if you forget to get it and go back to the architect or whoever - they turn into @#$%heads and charge you to release DWG files.

I used charlie and was very good, did i detailed survey for me in 3 days as i needed it before settlement... very detailed work and he will do it less than 1k.
PH: (02) 9638 4136
Charlie.

I used charlie and was very good, did i detailed survey for me in 3 days as i needed it before settlement... very detailed work and he will do it less than 1k.
PH: (02) 9638 4136
Charlie.

Thanks I will give him a call.

Did he do a full survey for you? because 1k is really cheap for a proper full survey.

Yes, give him a call.. it wont cost you anything.

I used a different guy last year and lucky i showed it to my architect before a paid which wasnt up to standard... made him do it again.. i had a shed in the backyard which wasnt even included in the drawing.:(

Charlie was really good and knew my circumstances and helped me out heaps and his price is very reasonable.

Be weary of what surveyors include in their Fee Proposals. Make sure they respond to relevant planning sections. ie in Victoria showing ResCode details within 9m and Site Context to clause 55.

I've had countless jobs come through my office where the client has had a survey done by "El Cheapo Company" down the road, and it isn't useful for design work, council application etc. We then have to re-do the survey properly and the client is out 2x survey cost.

Cheapest is rarely the best when dealing with surveys as the surveyor clearly doesn't value their skill set and this will reflect on the plans.

All the best!

Back