Sydney meet up - Wed 24th November @ Chatswood

Hi all

Thought I might just float this to see whether there is any interest for a November Meetup in Chatswood?

Say Wednesday the 24th November kick off from 6:30 - 7:00

Maybe if Emma171 is still in Sydney she could come along and give a recap on her investing adventures in the US?

Cheers

Last edited:
Certainly interested in this handyandy. May also be bringing a mate as well.

Where is this meetup normally held in Chatswood?

Cheers,
Steve

Hiya Handy

I'd be happy to meet up (its been a while!) but how's about something in the Hills? I know there's quite a few Hills residents that contribute and we used to have social get togethers at the good old Bull and Bush at Baulkham Hills. Parking's easier there too :)
Let me know anyway....

I would like to come along being based in Killara, chatswood or the hills is fine by me. No one would have an issue with a broker attending would they? (no hard sell promise)

Cheers

I would like to come along being based in Killara, chatswood or the hills is fine by me. No one would have an issue with a broker attending would they? (no hard sell promise)

Cheers

No problems from me Marty.
Either Chatswood or the Hills works fine for me also.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi All

I have invited Emma who has indicated that she could make it.

So to this end I think it fair that Emma nominates the meetup location (Hills or Chatswood) to make it easiest for her travelling around Sydney.

Personally I am easy but actually prefer Chatswood as long as I don't travel in peak hour.

Cheers

Can we come too?

We would be coming by public transport!
Chatswood has a train Station doesn't it?
New Husband wants to come too, he is fascinated by Sydney's obsession with Real Estate, as a Welshman he finds it humorous!
Cheers Seaford Sunshine:)

Count me in Andreas, I had the pleasure of meeting Emma last night, she is awesome, certainly knows her stuff.

I prefer chatswood but will go hills district if necessary.

Keen for a meetup too. Based near Chatswood, interested in o/s real estate as well as locally. Just came back from a US trip.

Can do the Hills or Chatswood.

Rgds, Hans

Someone make a decision about where and I'll put it up on Meetup.com

Chatswood is of course my preference - but happy to head for the hills if necessary.

Someone make a decision about where and I'll put it up on Meetup.com

Chatswood is of course my preference - but happy to head for the hills if necessary.
Hi Sim

I just sent you a PM re Chatswood.

At this stage Chatswood seems to be the preferred place.

It's just that Emma wants to show some pics so not really conducive to the RSL environment.

At worst we could maybe link a number of PC's together around the table:confused:

I have scouted around for some other sites but all the rooms seem to want $150++ for room and projector.

Any thoughts about a suitable presentation facility (cheap) would be appreciated.

Chhers

Okay, I just chatted to handyandy and we've decided that we'll just use the Chatswood RSL club as usual - all other venue's we've looked at will cost too much or don't have food/drinks available ... so this Wednesday 24th November @ Chatswood RSL.

handyandy tells me that Emma171 has agreed to come along and share her experiences about investing in the US as well!

I've put an invite out on meetup.com - it would be good if you could RSVP via that site so we know how many to expect. Full details about where and when on the meetup.com site too.

http://www.meetup.com/sydney-investor/calendar/15522933/

Hi Sim,

We'll be there (at least 2 of us, maybe 3). May be there a little after 6 though as we're both coming directly from work. Should be a good night though.

Cheers,
Steve

I'll be there +1

At this stage if we could have some laptops brought along (with working batteries) then we could copy any files to USB sticks and have manageable numbers of people around each laptop.

Don't know how this will work (or if it will) but we'll wing it and at worst just have a social gab vest.

Cheers

PS for those who have not been following Emma's posts here is a link

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66392

May be there a little after 6 though as we're both coming directly from work.

That's fine - don't worry about the 6pm thing ... we started meeting that early to cater for those who worked in the area and would just be sitting around waiting for the meetup to start anyway. Most people don't arrive until a bit later.

Back