Sydney people let's meet up...

Hey Lisa,

Yeh tomorrow night.

Rydges Parramatta

Link here;

www.rightgroup.biz

Top right hand page of website. cookies, coffee, networking, guest speaker, and i might even play a game tomorrow night.

Look forward to seeing you all there.
(those whom are coming:))

Sounds like an infomercial under the guise of a "get together" to me.
It would be nice without an agenda, which is why I dont often read these threads.

So your saying you did'nt pitch & offer your services as a buying agent?
You don't put on a presentation about what you do?
If this is not the case, I'll will turn up and shout everybody coffee & cakes
and eat my own words.

Hi Piston Broke

You're spot on ! That was exactly what last evening's meeting was.

They presented the renos they're doing, good deals they are getting including Nathan's BA arm and he's truly pulling in some crazy buys.

A young bloke said he'd bought 4 IPs (2 in hand, 2 underway) off Nathan in the last month, putting $200 per week (or pm ??) in his pocket.

There was some education thrown in with a property savvy accountant sharing differences between deductible and non-deductible expenses, revenue and capital items etc.

This was their second meeting I attended over the last 3 months, though I'm not looking to buy in Sydney in the near future.

I'm happy I went along just to learn what's happening out there in the market (think SS covers a great deal too) and for the networking opportunities.

Amelia

These meetings can be informative and interesting but of a commercial nature - should not be promoted similar to a SIG meeting as it gives the wrong impression as a couple of people have identified. They should be advertised in "Coffee Lounge" or other area.

An email promoting the event follows:

Right on Track - Tax tips for renovators from a property accountant.

INVITE A FELLOW INVESTOR

Tax tips from a PROPERTY accountant..

Its coming up to tax time again!

Be sure that you get the most from your return, come along to our next meeting where we will have our property accountant speaking on ways you can make your renovations tax deductible as well as much more..

Where: Parramatta Rydges - 116 James Ruse Drive Rosehill

Date: Tuesday May 19th

Time: Arrive at 6:45pm to check in and grab a coffee and a bickie

Victor and Steve will be providing you with updates on their recent acquisitions, and Nathan will be presenting you with some more of the great deals he has sourced over the past 2 weeks.

If you want to get in on the goodies Nathan will be presenting or similar deals give me a call on 1300 302 166 or catch up with me at the meeting!

Click here to register for only $10.00

It seems there is no SIG unless Sim does it, and he's obviously too busy (thats life).
So the biggest city is the least sociable.
I'm warming to the idea of an informal meeting where the forumites are giving
the presentations on their preferred topic & experience.
Maybe it can be done.

Hi P&B

It can be done and has been done - in a panel type Q&A interview....and very successful. Sim is not the only person over the years who has organised meetings and guest speakers - just to acknowledge those other people who have given their time.

I think the idea of another similar type - possibly based on the persons own area of interest and experience in investing rather than a set topic (as you suggest) would be of interest to many if there was at least 6 people wanting to speak - but organising those people and a venue (not sure if Roxby still available) still takes some organising.

why did they change from canterbury it was very handy there
also moving venue and also times help others to go .

Hi Lawrence,

As some of the others have mentioned, this is not a SIG meeting. There hasn't been a SIG for quite a while. I really enjoy the SIG's, although would prefer a venue more West. From memory, the last ones were arranged by Perky.

Hi PB

Perky is the man who organizes our more formal SIG meeting held in Glebe and Jackie has in the past organized the social meetings baring Sim most recent effort and excluding the Chatswood meet as I have never attended.

There is obviously nothing to stop anybody from arranging a meet and am happy to travel but this is time and distance dependent.

The biggest problem with the SIG meeting is topic/speakers as the SIG is purely voluntarily and as such as a very small budget (more like none). In my most recent discussion with Perky (this week) a panel discussion was suggested and coincidentally your name came up as one of the panel. Basically its a set of questions posed to you which you answer and then there is an interactive part with the audience.

If you are willing, we only need to find 3 others and we have a panel and generally a very good night both informative and social.

Maybe we could get Dazz over for a night;) as another member of the panel.

Cheers

PS its been so long since a SIG that I can't even find any references and the SIG used to meet very regularly.

Handyandy coming up with topics of discussion is the easiest part as i reckon, it's endless.
What I think many don't do though is scratch deeper than the surface and start getting into nitty gritty analysis. As the seminar speakers, books, API ect hardly ever do.
I would also be in favour of getting vendors & REA's etc presenting, and then discussing the details.
But putting me on a chair, shine a light and ask questions?:eek:.... just dont use handcuffs. I'm paranoid, cant be coincidence lol.
I'm willing to give it a go and see what happens.
There's plenty ppl here, skater, bv, jacque, sash, bigtone, evand etc etc
I wonder if Token Funder is local.

hi skater
yes the ss one was at glebe not been on for a while but this one was at canterbury when this group started off and then moved not sure why it when to rosehill now to parra
and tuesdays is out for me
tried to get there last week but had to go to another first and then did not get time
hope the ss is organised it was on a monday by perky

There's plenty ppl here, skater, bv, jacque, sash, bigtone, evand etc etc
I wonder if Token Funder is local.

LOL! Too late! I think you will find they have already had Jacque, and I was on one of the panels some time ago, but you are right, there are certainly plenty to choose from, and the panel type SIG's are always a lot of fun.

Back