Sydney Picnic

Okay, Some of us are planning a picnic. Children very welcome.

Suggested dates: 15 February,

Suggested locations: Centenial Park, Bronte Beach or Putney Park (a great little spot),

Discussion has been on the Next SSG Sydney meeting post.

All welcome!

Robyne

Hiya

I have just come from Putney park - its one of our locals and the kids love it to bits because of the wading pools and the clombing poles

ta

rolf

Sounds good - we'll try to make the trip up from CBR for this one :)

Now we're down here it's a bit harder for us to make night-time meetings.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Cent Park

Hi peoples,

Just thought I'd add my vote.. Centennial Park for me. (nothing to do with being 50m from where i live at all!!! hehehe)

Cheers
Chris

Originally posted by Robyne
Okay, Some of us are planning a picnic. Children very welcome.

Suggested dates: 15 February,

Suggested locations: Centenial Park, Bronte Beach or Putney Park (a great little spot),

Discussion has been on the Next SSG Sydney meeting post.

All welcome!

Robyne

Homebush gets my vote OR Merrylands Park has parking, lakes, kangaroos etc playpark for the kids, lots of shady spots, BUT PLEASE PLEASE don't make it that date - I'll have just had the big 50th birthday party the night before and am sure to be involved in cleaning up the place not to mention recovering. I missed the last get together and definitely want to come to the next one - any alternative dates?????

Olly

Hi Julian

SSG is Sydney Social Gatherings:) Normally bi monthly.

SIG is the night meetings with a speaker

Cheers
ani

All welcome

Absolutely NO entry requirements!!

Just watch Meeting Point and the calendar for what's on when:)

See you at the next one Julian

I vote Centannial but may be boring for kids versus BiCentannial so open. Should have lots parking and middle location.

15 Feb OK.

Peter

Feb 15th looks good for me :)
I also second Rolf's suggestion for Putney Park. It is great for kids, with playground equipment and wading pool, and cool, being right on the river there. However, I would be happy to go to any park, really..... :)

Robyne,
Seeing as you're planning this event, it might be a good idea for you to decide on the location and exact date soon, otherwise you will get inundated with differing ideas! There's no way you can please everybody, so can I suggest that you work out the details that suit you (and the organisers!) - enough always turn up to have a good time. Perhaps a poll might be the way to go, if people prefer different dates?
Just a suggestion anyway. See you at the picnic!

Another vote for Putney Park.

There are a lot of members in the West , and Putney is more central for more people.

If the aim is to have somewhere that people can bring their kids then Putney has more facilities.

It's also near a double waterfront block of land that I thought of buying for 200k ,,,,,,,:(

See Change

Another vote for Putney..... and to me seems the most central.
Now we will have to go and check out this park....sounds really good for the kids :)

Hi all,

Jacque + Ani, yes I was thinking that I should do something to tie this up soon and that I cannot please everyone. I do feel a little uncomfortable laying down the law here as I am a newcomer to the forum. However we can go on chatting about this until 2005.

There seems to be a lot of support for Putney Park so lets go with that. As for the date I am aware of Olly's dilemma on the 15th. Unfortunately it will be difficult for me to go after that date until 13th/14th March. I may be able to go but will have to stay for a short time only. The weekend of the7/8th is out for me. Although Sunday the 1st is a possibility! So lets do a poll on this. Now to work out how to do a poll!

So that it doesn't run on endlessly I'll finish the poll on Friday night. That should give everyone time to vote and time to mark their calenders.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Robyne

Last edited:
For time, lets make it afternoon so the little fellows can have their naps. Three pm sounds good to me. There are two play areas at Putney park. There is a small one quite high up near the road which is just like ordinary park play equipment. This is not the place to go.

Down toward the water there is much more exciting equipment and the already named paddle polls etc. There is a huge pyramid shaped climbing frame thingy which makes a good land mark for meeting people you have never met before. Lets meet around that area!

Robyne

Putney Park is on Pellisier Road Putney. There is parking just on Pellisier Road and a few little parking areas just off the road.

I think there are not BBQ facilities in the area we are going so don't bring BBQ things.

Anyone who thinks they may have trouble locating the place, send me private message and I will give you my mobile number.

Still looking forwrd to it!

Robyne

Yes!!! Thankyou for that.

The website of the Sydney for under 5s is great. I have the book but I didn't know there was a website. Very handy.

Robyne

Back