Tenants... they just dont get it

Skater,
the main problem I have with getting rid of them is every time I suggest something the agent says no...you cant do that for whatever reason...
On here it seems very easy to get rid of tenants yet the agent tells me...different.

As I said I will take the property of the market, get rid of them, tidy it up and see if I can sell..

the main problem I have with getting rid of them is every time I suggest something the agent says no...you cant do that for whatever reason...
Have you spoken to a second agent to get another opinion? Have they been given notice yet? Once they are removed and the place is presented better, you are more likely to get a better price...

Its gone from bad to worse...just about ready to give the property away just to be done with it....
Now they are going to the tribunial for to challenge the rent increase from before I decided to sell. The rent is not being paid on tiime and the best offer is about 30 000 under what I want....

Its gone from bad to worse...just about ready to give the property away just to be done with it....
Now they are going to the tribunial for to challenge the rent increase from before I decided to sell. The rent is not being paid on tiime and the best offer is about 30 000 under what I want....

Don't let the tenants control the situation. You need to ask the PM how best to move them along. If the PM is not on your side get a new PM. If they behind in rent can't they be sent a letter of eviction?

Don't throw away $30K due to emotions. I think you are being driven far too much by emotions and too little by the best financial outcome.

I know its frustrating but its time to be well advised and make well thought out decisions or it will be very costly.

I wont sell unless I get what I want...I am not sure but i think go too the tribunial then give them notice unless they are late enough to evict as that comes first. Still have 4 weeks with the agent to try to sell.......

May not be the solution you want, but I would not focus too much on trying to sell the property until they're out. They're causing too much hassle for you, especially whilst trying to sell.

Get them out asap, and once you have a set date that they'll be leaving - then refocus on the sale again.

Thanks Steve,
Thats what I plan to do...they are going to the tribunal for comp for the inconveneience of having open houses ( while they were on hols for some of the time) Once that is sorted I will give them notice...have been advised to wait for this as I may have it go against me if I have served notice to vacate...not sure if this is the right way to go or just give notice anyway....

Then when they are gone...tidy it up and reassess whether to sell or find new tenants.... there seems to be alot in the news about lack of rentals...so maybe try and hold on to it.

Especially if market rents are increasing - might be a good time to hold for a bit longer (obviously depends on your own financial situation and needs). If the yield is increasing, it may get you a better price in another year after you've had 2 rent increases ie. now and 1yr on when it goes on the market again.

We could hold it but things will be very tight till I go back to work next year...Will wait and see if the agent can get the price I am asking.
I dont imagine getting them to leave will be easy....

Thats what we are hoping for..they dont pay thinking that they dont have to until they have gone to the tribunal...fingers crossed. Does anyone know if the weekend is counted as days when the rent is late or is it only working days....

I will win...either way they are out.....

Off the top of my head, in Queensland I think it is seven days, but not sure about other states. Check with your state department that looks after it, they will tell you everything you need.

startled...you do have a PM don't you? They should be answering all of your questions and planning with you the best way forward. Make sure that everyone on your team knows what you are trying to achieve here.

GoAnna I do have a PM but given that we seem to just encounter one hurdle after another I thought I would ask people who own properties as to what they would do....To be honest I am starting to think that the agents are just trying to find the easy way out not necessarily the best for me ...

Everytime there seems to be an issue with the tenants it seems that the laws are in their favour. Not sure if my property manager is just making sure her job is kept easy.

When I wanted to give 120 days ...oh no dont do that wait till it is a better time.
Then when I said sell with tenants in or vacant...oh no keep them..welll that hasnt been exactly helpful..

I am starting to sound like my tenants 'the victim' and I dont like it....I want to get rid of them...tidy the property up and either sell if I can the figure I want or rent it out again if I cant... hopefully the rent will be late enough but I bet it isnt...

Back