Tennats ignoring phonecalls/rent

insurance assessor rang up this morning they will come and check it out friday. i've got a whoaping headache from those pain killers.

well i've got the message to be true aussie u gotta get up and try again yes =] today another slab of beer should do it..

you'll be right mate... and when it is all over, you will feel that little bit more confident as well.. you're stronger (we all are) than most of the crap that gets thrown our way.... a few friends to drink with is also good for a release, better than muttering about it to yourself ! (been there, done that... with an unusable hand too, due to microsurgery - I lived on my own too, hard to do much for yourself, i couldn;t bloody eat properly let alone cook! if I can survive and live to tell the tale, that means just about anyone can)

Atti, I know how you feel. I had some bad tennants last year too. You will get over it. Get the place cleaned up. Get a good PM. I have sent you 2 names in the private msgs. Maybe you can do a deal with the PM. Sign a contract with them, get their reliable and reasonably priced handy man to fix it, and get it rented out.
Do the painting yourself.
When you have micro managed the PM and know exactly what they do and how they do it ie - understanding the law, being highly organised, good communicators in dealing with the tenants from hell, have a good judge of character to try and pick the perfect tenant, then if you think you can do it, self manage.
I pride myself in being able to do all of the above, but I don't self manage, as I would get too soft with them if the tenant rang me up and said "I have lost my job, baby is on the way" etc, etc.

well i did have heart, its going good actually, i've got some indian guys in for 2 weeks but they live too dirty so i have to get rid of them by friday... started with 2 taxi drivers then became 6 indian students and they dont want to pay extra rent, even if they do i woulda kicked them out for staining my new kitchen bench, dont clean up after shower leaving dirty boots mud, water damp my bathroom is going to rot... all sleeping on the ground and on my couch, even though i provided them with 2x single beds + base + linen they decided to rather sleep straight on ground with matress and no linen WTF!!!

today insurance guys came and fixed outa wall in there white BIO hazard suits to remove asbestos sheeting lol look funny...

i renovated kitchen myself, just needs grouting i am going to do that sometime next week, has been excellent learning curve, i've got plenty of compliments for good job as amature tiler :) also went did kitchen at my mum's too..

-BlowHoles for hydro has been fixed, floorboard fixed, broken door frame fixed,
-cash claimed for bathtub & rear shed
i fixed the rear shed myself, bathtub going to need a good few coats of white knight tub and tile and good sand. this tub is so old its like cast iron and its big and its heavy lol. cash claimed put into new kitchen and new carpet through out the house will be done next monday...

i will move in and live there myself and maybe share with 1-2 female students. i wish it worked out better as i've only started renting my ppor out mid last year due to lost of job and finiancial difficulties, even though my home isnt great, its still my castle and fck people that think otherwise.... some guy came and inspect my house for rent today and said its worth nothing, trying to down the rent price, i just told him where to go after saying my house is worth nothing...

why do i always run into arrogant, criminals and dirties tenants lol must be karma from previous life ? its good learning curve neitherless and future failures will be better managed and delt with... 25 year old with lots of talent friendly, easygoing, too nice and what do i get ? = \

your problem is that you think about the house as if it's a PPOR and some kind of a jem, so you take every scratch too personally

if you are going to rent it out you need to change your attitude to it, and think of it as just a way of making money

oh really ?

how would u think if someone

1.drilled and cut holes size of laundry basket out of your walls and floors ?
2. Muddy boots
3. shower then leave all wet water up to 1 cm on floor (then mixed with muddy boots) and toilet and dont have a mop, dont have rags, dont have detergent dont mop.
4. cooking curry spill it on your 1 week old vinyl floor and not mop it up, let ants and bugs running around your new kitchen ?
5. curry stain on 3 weeks old kitchen bench.
6. dont wash or clean not even once a week.
7. onions bags in bedroom WTF
8. slumber party in living room 4-5 people sleeping on couch, floor smoking and drinking wtf.
9. no toilet paper wtf
10. putting hole in every panel in ur house.

ok lets think of it as a negative investment then hey ? geez.
maybe you had a good run with good tenants and not stressed out and pulling ya hair..

ok this is the situation,
Loss job, rent house out to compensate for mortgage instead its costing me all my savings 7k (saved for a year! )
so last 8 months i have no job, on the dole, spending all my savings, running into **** tennants. ok not to mention personal life problems yes i have heaps.

in this sort of situation if i loose my house, i think i am strong enough not to commit suicide but some if not a lot of people would go mental or jump off a bridge.

i was actually going somewhere with my life financially until an injury, followed by accident, followed by lost of job, followed by lost of all income and savings, followed by lots of personal debts chasing up. its too much for one person to handle.

only positive thing i see is i am still in control of this house, and i am getting some insurance protection in fixing it...

but yeh thats my life, hows yours ?

I agree with atti; he's actually remained remarkably composed through a quite stressful time. Don't worry, atti. I suspect Strannik hadn't read the whole thread, or he'd know that you've kept pretty cheerful.

i am keeping myself very busy doing little things like fixing up niks and naks, putting in kitchen, tilling, going to do new veranda and maybe bathroom reno, keeping my mind busy so i dont sit and cry about it.... but i really need to rethink my career as i can no longer lift heavy things, drive forklift, i am amazed that i am actualling doing alot of labour work with only 1 hand lol

anyone wanna offer me some light work or tilling ? i am getting hang of it i love kitchen splashback i'll post some pics in my kitchen thread when i am ready...

if only it was a scratch, i'll repaint over it... =\

Atti you need to get on the positive thinking trail. Dont think "I bet the next tenants will be bad" Laws of attraction are that what you think, you get. So from now on, calm down, work out what you want, and frame thoughts in a positive manner. Eg. Not, my car never breaks down but, my car always works perfectly. I have excellent tenants who always pay on time and keep my house perfectly. (not: ....pay on time, and don't do any damage, see the difference, keep positive thinking.) I have a good job which I enjoy and I can do without heavy lifting. Or whatever you want out of life. Believe me, this works. (I guess in the old days, it was called praying, but now is called positive thinking and drawing to you what you want.) Believe me it takes a long time to get the negative tapes out of your head (e.g. if your father told you over and over you are useless and never will amount to anything, when you try something, thats the tape that will play in your head. Everytime this starts, press stop, then play your positive tape. It will take a while but you will win. Go for it.

hi atti
goodluck i enjoy your posts they are honest and i am sorry you are having these difficulties.
i expect when you look back you will see what you have learnt.
it is amazing and sometimes shocking when you are assisting people with somewhere to live to see how they actually live.
not good when it is your property but insurance helps and a good manager.
anyway good luck again.
regards

oh really ?

how would u think if someone ...

great
means i'm getting new floor/ceiling/whatever else is there and only have to pay 300 bucks for it or so....

i actually had tenants like that, but without the floor/ceiling drilling bit
made me reconsider my attitude to landlords insurance, and get one
put it down to experience and move on
:)

serv them with a demand notice,
Go around at night and pull the fuse !
if they are home they will come around and try to fix it , then serv them. easy.
Just my opionion and being sent to jail is not my fault????lol

actually excess is close to 600$ not 300..

excess on lost of rent 600
excess on property damage 600

thats total of 1200 outa my pocket before even seeing a dollar from insurance, istill havent seen a dollar from them after close to 5 months... this is ridicoulous...

while my property sitting there vacate... i had to do something so new kitchen costing me 1200$ all up...

Back