The Block 2012

Agree on Soph and Dale - those bedheads were just revolting (even if the designers did like them).

What I find annoying is that everyone is playing safe with their colours/style - and the contestant are all safe and pretty to look at too. Very dull all 'round.

Where's Wazza with his fish bowls in the walls and undies painting - or Erin with her bold black and white striped wallpaper and chandaliers?

They have also changed the format - more contests, whereas before the contestants had to leave the block and "go to work".

Brad and Lara from the Block are doing a promotion in my dad's Mitre 10 shop (Beach Road Hardware Christies Beach) Sunday afternoon 20 May.

If you live in the area pop in.

Still disappointed in the show ... Brad and Lara do a bathroom design - told they can't do it because of a structural wall that isn't built yet and they hadn't been told about

Brad and Lara redo their bathroom design - told they can't do it because the wall will be in a different position than first advised.

Brad and Lara redo their bathroom design - told the structural wall won't be built after all.

What BS. They lost at least a day of redesigning stress due to Keith not relaying info in a timely manner ... like BEFORE they physically start the room.

Lizzie my DH and I still watch this show but feel we are being played for fools somewhat. Some of the 'accidents' and errors seem so set up to really create the characters for the show. The producers seem to be trying to fire up Dan as must as possible, for instance. The fact is the ppl on this season seem relatively calm and controlled and are all getting along very well. Boring to watch in some ways.

No spicy Erin this time being a 'dibber dobber' or crazy Waz etc. So it's like they are deliberately setting things up which is to be expected I guess, but the unfairness is getting hard to watch.

So am I right when I see that all the contestants have to do is paint the walls, control the tradies (sort of) and shop shop shop? ($350 for a cushion is truly nuts I feel).

How much are they being paid I wonder? Is someone cooking and washing their clothes etc? Am I meant to believe they are still using the cold water shower? What happened to Sophies shopping trip with the judge lady, or did I miss an episode?? So many questions....

Yes - $350 for a cushion and $3000 for linen is complete BS.

Perhaps Spotless and I shud've applied and spiced things up a bit. I am know for blowing the odd fuffy valve and foot stamping - and with our styles we would have done something super dramatic on a beer budget!

I can't get into this one. Admittedly I was overseas when it started so only started watching last week. The contestants seem very even tempered. They didn't even dob on Dan and Danni when they were making a noise after 6...in other series this would have been blown out of all proportion

The project management is very poor this time round. The bathroom wall design being moved in, out, etc., was very poor.

None of them seem to be working this time, so has the working part been dropped? That was an essential part of previous series.

We needed Lizzie and Spotless I think :D

Hope it improves

Chris

I've largely given up, too - avoiding the challenge eps and just watching towards the end of the week. When I find I can watch a full episode in 20mins, thanks to fast-forward.
Dull bunch of characters, dull design, Keith's a nob, Shelly Craft is painful and too much random, unbelievable time-wasting waffle - including pointless challenges to placate advertisers. Yawn ...

I'd been looking forward to watching it. I've been too busy renovating to actually sit down and watch it. So last night I actually did watch bits of it, amongst kids baths and getting them to bed.

What a complete waste of my time.

Not sure where any real renovators were. Talk of spending excessive amounts on linen. Having 'designer' looks. Oh please, the properties will probably sell for under what they have cost again because they have and do over capitalize simply for effect.

Now this has a few implications. Firstly, it signals the renovation 'boom' trend is diminishing. Not as many people are watching this type of show. It also deters investors because at the end of the day it is darn depressing to watch the properties go under the hammer for a pittance on what they cost.

Complete waste of my time. I'll stick to renovating my property.

I'm only watching the 'room reveal' episodes on Sunday nights from now on. I can't stand the challenges; Keith (big scary man who seems to think his poo doesn't stink) or the (what seem like) 'set up' problems and, most of all, I can't stand those princesses who do nothing but shop while their men (supposedly?) do all the hard work.

Also, compared to the boring contestants they chose for the show, I actually think I'm too crazy :D (or as I like to call it 'unique' ;)) - so they wouldn't have picked us anyway...

$3000 for sheets? She has just declared to the nation her insanity.

I wonder if she really does have "expensive taste", or if she looks at the price to determine how "good" something must be. I personally think Dan & Dani have the ugliest rooms and my favorite ones have been Brad & Lara. Judges don't agree with me, but I'm not surprised there.

Yep - and $5,000 for a bath that looks exactly the same as the one Brad and Lara bought for $2,500.

Who spends $5,000 on a bathtub? I thought $1,000 was to expensive.

Does anyone know what mac design app Dale and Sophie were using on tonights show, i think they showed it last week for the bathroom as well. or can anyone recommend any mac apps for design.

Back