The end is near!!

congratulations sue - now is time to catch up on some sleep.

i can comisserate with the pain - i too had the epi turned off without warning as junior came out back to front, and every contraction was like a knife twisting in the spine. but soon forgotten

p.s. i am sooooooo looking forward to wednesday night "what's good for you" when they attached one of the blokes' stomach to an electricial impulse machine so that he can experience contractions!!! apparently it's the worst pain he has ever experienced :rolleyes:

finally discharged today.

Katie Jessica born on 31st at 9:26pm ad Dayton James at 9:30pm weighing about 6 pounds each and 53cm long.

Thanks for the tips but I didn't get to read them and guess what? when the crunch time came, I forgot everything and just screamed! Ob turned off the epidural with no warning so I went from feeling nothing to everything. I felt really stupid thinking why is it so painful? what is that burning sensation in my bottom? oh right that's baby going down the birth canal! Eventhough they were only 4 mins apart, it was the longest time of my life! The 2nd one turned right after the 1st one came out but luckily the Ob managed to grab one leg and one arm and guide it back down....I have no idea which wasy it came out actually. But I know one thing...I felt everything! It was very traumatic, nothing like my son's birth. I'm not having any more kids!

But the babies are great and healthy and the recovery was quick and the stay at hospital was lovely. Had the best rest ever (they went into the nursery at night).

Pics to follow.

I missed Somersoft!

OMG! Well DONE! They were huge! SOme people only have one that size.

I never had a natural birth and I'm glad. I try and have twins packed into one by having 10lb babies. You must have been in so much pain carrying them at the end.

Happy days, COngratualtions. If you feel comfortable about it, can post a picture of them?

Regards JO

Amazing work sue!! glad you and the twins made it through in one piece :) Wish you all the best with bringing your new babies up!!

Best Friends Forever

29nw745.jpg

Katie & Dayton

Congratulations to you Sue & mr Sue 78.
My guys were about that size after 12 mths. Great to see they are so healthy.
You will have heaps of time on somersoft now as you juggle each child at different times throughout the day / night. Feeding, burping, changing /feeding , burping, changing etc, etc. >>>>
And what was that post about getting heaps of rest. (Well dream about it coming true eventually:eek:)
Enjoy it because before you know it they will be grown up.

Best wishes.

Just remember one word! Abstinance ;)

Gee Cee

Father, recovering from having twins :D

congratulation on your new arrivals to Sue & Family
they are so beautiful, all the best to you. ( You make me feel like to have another go)

Congratulations Sue and welcome Katie and Dayton! You've done so well and must be so proud. They are gorgeous little bubbas.
What is it with the turning down of epidurals though? I refused to push until they turned mine up with number 1. It is so mean!

Louise

Update - they are 6 week sold already!

I'm loving it. Theyare both so different! and it's not as hard as I imagined. I am sure it will be more challenging when they are older.

I am lucky their cries aren't very loud, even when they cry together except occasionally my 3.5y.o son joins in too and then 3 kids crying at the same time is a nightmare!

Update - they are 6 week sold already!
:eek::eek: I know kids can sometimes be a handful, but really, was it necessary to sell them?!?!

Obviously a typo Sue. Glad to hear everything is going well. Enjoy it every day because they grow soooo quick.

Regards
Marty

Just noticed this thread (not normally the "ooh, aah...kids" type - they all look like Winston Churchill to me when they're first born).

TWINS!!

Congratulations Sue.

Try to keep up with your sleep.

Sue - your babies are sooooooo cute.
:)
Congratulations. Glad you are enjoying your little darlings and not finding it too overwhelming.

Lily/Caroline

Back