The market today.. the good the bad and the ugly

IMHO.....the market is the market is the market is the market....all markets that is...;)

supply & demand dictate the property market to it's greater extent, always has, and I believe (here comes the crystal ball), always will....!

Recessions, depressions, bubbles, troubles and repercussions....they are all part of this mix....and have occured time and time again, over and over and over.....why is this next period so different.....sure your own personal situation needs to be looked at and cared for....that's what property investors here and everywhere are doing...but I tell ya... they are not being influenced by the doom and gloom sector....I suggest they have already had their plan B's and C's ready to play in place.

Sure, some folks jumped on the band wagon when times were good....have they not always done that.....? In twenty years time (heck maybe even sooner) there will be another terrible mistake made (just like the current credit mistake) and the world will deal with it like it is now.....c'mon D&Gers...relax and get on with it man.....there is work to do and a life to live, don't be so bloody afraid all the time.....cheer up....!:):):):)

I'm prepared, cashed up with no debt. And i ain't buying a thing for a quite a while yet.

What about if you could buy a "cfp from day 1" property in the near future?

Then it doesn't matter a whole lot if it goes up at a trickle. Going up at a flood would be nice of course.

yeah mate, thats true. It would mean buying now at about 10+ interest rates. If i could find that yield with a decent property in a decent area i would buy.

Pretty rare right now tho, maybe in a couple of years. 7%-8%+ might do it in a year if promised interest rates decrease as much as everyone thinks. The always hovering threat of inflation might put paid to that tho.

Actually i think i have a similar strategy to you. If the property at least pays for itself, you can buy one a week and maybe fix rates for a few years.

What about if you could buy a "cfp from day 1" property in the near future?

Then it doesn't matter a whole lot if it goes up at a trickle. Going up at a flood would be nice of course.

Last edited:
Back