The more you have...the harder it is to find love?

It's interesting how you managed to spend (5?) years with your ex and you don't have a SINGLE pleasant thing to say about him. All your sentences reveal how much of an angel you are, whilst this other guy is revealed as some lazy bum, reading it sounds like you were some saint. Of course, the story is always one-sided. Lets hear the real story because I can't imagine someone would stay with their ex for so long if there was no gain to be obtained from the opposite partner.

Of course there was a lot of good things about him otherwise it would not have lasted that long. Through this relationship, he taught me how to trust, love and care for the people I love. As a result of this relationship, I've matured and is now able see the world from a different light. I loved his honesty, loyalty and I had a lot of fun with him by going to new places and doing new things. He had a strong sense of beliefs which I really liked but at times it made having a relationship with him difficult because everything was black and white for him.
As for myself, I am no where near perfect, I grew up with my grandparents who spoiled me to death, it wasn't until coming to Australia and having a younger sibling, I started learning to share, be patient and less self centred.
Looking back at the relationship, there was a lot of positive that came out of it, for that I am grateful that I had the opportunity to experience it!

what you are attracted to in friends and partners will also change as you grow, mature and discover. the important lesson to learn is not to cling onto dead relationships as they will drain you of your self worth.

Lizzie, you are spot on that last quote! It's all a learning experience, what I looked for in a bf at 19 is not what I am looking for now. It doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad change, I am more certain of what I want and need in a relationship now whereas previously I was blindly fishing and hoping that it'll work out in time.

As a result of this relationship, I've matured and is now able see the world from a different light.

sigh...another mention of being mature, you seem awfully fixated in telling everyone how mature you are.....this to me is another sign that you aren't. Trust me, I deal with people ranging from 14-30 everyday and its the ones that talk about it the most truly arent

I won't be as mature as others...but give me a break, I'm in my 20's...
As long as I am more mature compared to yesterday...then I am still on the correct path.
I may not be mature as I could be in comarison to tomorrow or someone else but I am open to learning every moment of everyday, I can only try to be the best that I can be... :D

sigh...another mention of being mature, you seem awfully fixated in telling everyone how mature you are.....this to me is another sign that you aren't. Trust me, I deal with people ranging from 14-30 everyday and its the ones that talk about it the most truly arent

I openly admit I'm immature (and I fit in that age group). I don't have patience and if something's not working out, bam, I'm out.

I openly admit I'm immature (and I fit in that age group). I don't have patience and if something's not working out, bam, I'm out.

there is nothing wrong with being immature, I believe there is a strong link between being immature and being young,

I have friends who act like they are 10 years older then what they really are and admittedly, they are ageing fast!, I believe its all in the mind!

Agreed nothing wrong at all. I live on my terms, within reason. All this stuff about doing your time etc, well, I guess if I wanted to end up like the people giving out the advice then maybe.

@Darkage...I just like wearing construction wear, hard hat, boots and safety vest :D
I studied Civil Engineering at uni, now working as a Site Engineer :)

Haha! My father likes to wear a bright yellow safety jacket with the words on the back reading "Heliport Official". Havent seen a helicopter land yet :D

No wonder your into property investment :p

Haha! My father likes to wear a bright yellow safety jacket with the words on the back reading "Heliport Official". Havent seen a helicopter land yet :D

Haha if you haven't seen a helicopter land, has it taken off the ground at least? :p

It wasn't because of construction I started off investing in property, it was because landlords kept increasing rent prices, and I was constantly on the move. I wasn't getting the stability I wanted renting off other people. Being in the construction industry helps in the sense that you meet a lot of tradies, ie sparkys, carpenters and other building and industry related subcontractors on site :)

A deposit with high opex or no infrastructure/port capacity is generally worth just that, nil, esp. when the commodity bust comes around. Though the market will still attribute value to it.
It is one of the most significant finds in the NT and has available infrastructure adjacent. I'm not sure of the technical jargon, but it is the highest purity/ease of refinement iron ore that exists, and it's on the surface. No one knows what is beneath it just yet, but the surface stuff alone is staggering.

Anyway he's still living like a hobo, it's very amusing for all of us (including him). His lifelong dream was to find a mineral deposit, and he succeeded. I think that the achievement alone is enough for him to die in peace

So you know a lot of wealthy people with 9 figures. and?
knowing some so many rich individuals doesn't mean anything unless they can help add value to what you are trying to achieve.

and...they'd agree with me. Your tone indicates that you think that I'm showing off - I'm not. I just happen to know and be related to some rich people either by accident of blood relation or by accident of dating their daughters/grand daughters.

and...they'd agree with me. Your tone indicates that you think that I'm showing off - I'm not. I just happen to know and be related to some rich people either by accident of blood relation or by accident of dating their daughters/grand daughters.

so are you using your dates to get ahead ?
can't remember they agree to what?

i'm just curious no offence intended.

so are you using your dates to get ahead ?
can't remember they agree to what?

i'm just curious no offence intended.

Please don't use words like "ahead" when talking to me in that context, my inner 17 year old is crying with laughter and urging me to make terrible, terrible jokes :D

No I don't use those contacts to get ahead, they're lovely people and I don't like the idea of being "that guy" that comes into a family and starts cutting deals with extended family. I honestly think that if you have to use contacts like that to get ahead, your business model probably doesn't stand up and you should figure out how to make it stronger.

Geez there's some pretty harsh posts in this thread directed at shim.

I probably wouldn't say that I'm mature, but from a financial/investment perspective I have developed much faster than many of my similarly aged friends, family and colleagues. I see so many around my age (26yo) living from paycheck to paycheck...

I would not say that my wife has a similar mindset, but as we met young (I was 19, she was 16) and grew together we also pooled funds which I've used to start our empire, she is happy to let me look after that side of things :)

Honestly if I was in the same position as Shim I would probably struggle with the same thing... I would find it very difficult to have a relationship with someone who had little to their name and wasn't on my wavelength when it comes to managing finances.

Please don't use words like "ahead" when talking to me in that context, my inner 17 year old is crying with laughter and urging me to make terrible, terrible jokes :D

No I don't use those contacts to get ahead, they're lovely people and I don't like the idea of being "that guy" that comes into a family and starts cutting deals with extended family. I honestly think that if you have to use contacts like that to get ahead, your business model probably doesn't stand up and you should figure out how to make it stronger.

So knowing rich people is just for boasting on forums? Contacts and networking amounts to a lot of things. business model? you don't even know who warren buffet is.. . nah... not even worth another post.

Last edited:
Back