The things people say and do

There are billions of bugs around your own home even if you are a neat freak,

Any, doors, walls, handles 5 m of a toilet, or a rubbish bin, the entrance, kitchen,

Coming from the UK I am surprised that it's the norm on many new houses to build a separate WC without a basin so that you only get to wash your hands after handling a couple of door handles at least. In the UK you are required to have a basin in the same space or in the space you pass through to access the WC.

Coming from the UK I am surprised that it's the norm on many new houses to build a separate WC without a basin so that you only get to wash your hands after handling a couple of door handles at least. In the UK you are required to have a basin in the same space or in the space you pass through to access the WC.

On the occassions that i like to spray disinfectant around the bathroom, it goes on all the door handles as well. And light switches.

Um, maybe I have some issues?

We're not safe anywhere :eek:.

Agreed - so all of the drama queen stuff needs to be dropped and simply get on with life.

Exposing yourself to some of life's bugs and bacteria surely makes for a more robust individual.

If I recall correctly, a certain Michael Jackson took all of this bug phobia to the nth degree, and look where it got him.

Last edited:
On the occassions that i like to spray disinfectant around the bathroom, it goes on all the door handles as well. And light switches.

Um, maybe I have some issues?
You would be inhaling unnecessary cancer causing particles. Fresh air and a wipe over with gloves and disinfectant would be more beneficial in my opinion.

Last edited:
Bugs exist. Deal with it.

It is usually kids from the ultra clean disinfected homes that are always sick. A bit of dirt and grime is needed. Particulary when young.

"When you next pay $1000 a night for the presidential suite at a top hotel and relax into the leather lounge suite, it is highly likely that someone with a contagious skin condition was last sitting on it naked. " China

Oh no! Ive been known to lick icecream off those lounge suites - just as a joke when tipsy.

My daughter has worked at hotels, and says doonas/bedspreads are rarely washed too.
I've wondered about that too. The last hotel we stayed at my husband sneezed heaps which usually happens if bedding/clothes haven't been washed since last season. I was starting to think I was over camping holidays, having second thoughts.

My husband once went on a family holiday at a cheapish hotel on the gold coast. On the first night they discovered dried vomit on the doona cover.

"My husband once went on a family holiday at a cheapish hotel on the gold coast. On the first night they discovered dried vomit on the doona cover. " Nemo30

Did he notice extra meat and pepperoni in the vomit? If so, I sincerly apologise.

What a silly thread. Unless you've got underlying health issues, none of this stuff will hurt you. In fact, this sort of attitude seems to turn people into Howard Hughes la la types.

Get out there and enjoy life. Germs, dirt, boogers and all :D:D

I'm talking about Escherichia Coli.

There's nothing awfully wrong with semen and urine.

Infact people have been known to intentionally ingest both of those, but not so
the E.coli (poo) :D.

You'd be surprised, google "scat" for your answer to that last one and "2 girls, 1 cup" for the video :eek:

Ask Bear Grylls about drinking urine. It could save your life in the desert, but you have to find and skin a snake to hold it if you don't have your own drinking bottle :D.

Back