This is me 33 kg's lighter

:)

Took me 2 and a half years :)

Please dont quote my photo just in case i decide to delete my photo later.

thanks

Attachments

• April 8 2010 - August 6 2012.JPG
    April 8 2010 - August 6 2012.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 850
Thanks! :)

Its taken me a while to lose it as I've wanted to retain my muscle mass, have enough energy for my sports and also so as to not go hungry. I dont believe in having to starve yourself to be able to lose the weight and you dont need to go hungry. You will just need a bit more patience as it will take longer. I've lost it by eating at a small deficit, between 1700 - 2300 calories and tracking daily. My fitness pal is an awesome site. I eat clean fresh foods and exercise intensely.

I think its very important that you have in mind how you are going to maintain the weight loss once you have lost your weight so that was at the very forefront of my mind whilst losing the fat. Because I have done it slowly as a lifestyle change I feel I can keep this weight off now. Also if you lose it slowly you'll be able to retain your muscle unlike if you lose fast you lose muscle along with the fat. Then what will happen is when you start on your maintenance you will end up having to eat a smaller amount to stay at your goal weight because your metabolism has dropped due to the fact you lost muscle mass. Thats the last thing you want!

My eating habits have totally changed. I dont eat processed foods. I just dont crave the junk foods anymore. If its on offer somewhere work/play I'm not fussed whether I eat it or not. I think also you need some balance and moderation in your diet so occasionally I might have something (eg a special occassion). Also I'm aware of my trigger foods for example chocolate which I just avoid. I'm really not fussed about my trigger foods. I steer clear from them because I dont want to get the taste for them anymore. Some of them make me feel sick now anyhow. I enjoy a fortnightly cheat meal of pad thai or noodles and/or some lollies. These kinds of foods I find to be not addictive for me. Each to there own though. If you can eat for example a block of chocolate once a week and can fit it into your routine then go for it! :)

I'm nearly at goal. I'm working on toning my tummy. The good news is because I exercise regularly I'll be able to eat around the 2000 mark to maintain my weight. Between 2000 - 2300 should be no probs. I'll continue to eat the same types of food the only thing different will be I can have a few more hundred calories per day. Also I have found I'm able to have 1-2 rest days per week which i'm really enjoying.

My whole life has turned around. 2 and a half years ago I could barely move on the sports field. Now I feel as light as a feather. Very rarely get injured, have less strain on my joints. I'm feeling like a 20 year old out there. I'm loving it. I have a lot more confidence in every area of my life too. I was also probably heading towards illness like diabetes and god knows what else. Well I've nipped that in the bud. I'm so proud of myself. I get emotional sometimes lol :)

Alex, I checked out the "before/after" photo and you really are an inspiration!

Thanks also for sharing how you did it. I used to also be overweight, and I agree with you that tracking really does do wonders. I mainly did tracking of my exercise schedule. Also, working out with my mates also added a competitive and supportive spirit to the workouts.

Back