This is me 33 kg's lighter

Well done! And I believe you WILL keep the weight off because you did it slowly and changed the way you live. I'm impressed.

Very well done. A body to be proud of. One hot looking chick there.

Not for a moment suggesting the journey was easy - but the logic is simple, if people only had the patience. For many the secret is getting to the core of "why" they overeat ... and it often has absolutely nothing to do with being hungry. Often it's emotional, boredom, fear, insecurity or simply habit (not knowing any better)

Did you have some baggage you had to get rid of before really being successful at this journey - of was it habit? Don't have to divulge, but I am interested.

Very well done. A body to be proud of. One hot looking chick there.

Not for a moment suggesting the journey was easy - but the logic is simple, if people only had the patience. For many the secret is getting to the core of "why" they overeat ... and it often has absolutely nothing to do with being hungry. Often it's emotional, boredom, fear, insecurity or simply habit (not knowing any better)

Did you have some baggage you had to get rid of before really being successful at this journey - of was it habit? Don't have to divulge, but I am interested.

Hi

I can remember comfort eating/stress eating on and off throughout my life. Also you can get very addicted to junk food and chocolate. I'm thinking that I must have been subconsciously bottling things up inside and eating the problems rather than tackling them.

Also and this is not an excuse but my family havent been the best of role models for me with their diet and exercise.

I think your right Lizzie, often people who are overweight are that way because they have issues. People can turn to food, alcohol, drugs etc to escape.

Congratulations Alex, you're 63% of the woman you used to be. :D

I hope that you keep it off again, but it sounds like you've re-engineered your lifestyle so you should.

Now I have to get off my backside and knock off those 10 kg I want to be rid of...

Well done - top stuff.

Have you stuffed 33kg of weights / sandbags into a back pack, plonked it on and tried walking around for a while with it.

I bet those same painful joint problems and aches and pains come flooding back....best bit is to unclip it and chuck it off, you feel like you can fly !!!

Top stuff - what's the next goal ??

My latest photo. Christmas 2012

In the past 12 months i've only lost 3kg but my body shape has changed tremendously. I can see definition in my arms now. Have leaned out all round. Waist isn't as thick.

I'm currently 58 kg's and hoping to get to 57 kg. It might take another 6 months lol. I still want to work on my tummy area. :)

Attachments

• December 2009 2010 2011 2012.JPG
    December 2009 2010 2011 2012.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 244
Well done - top stuff.

Have you stuffed 33kg of weights / sandbags into a back pack, plonked it on and tried walking around for a while with it.

I bet those same painful joint problems and aches and pains come flooding back....best bit is to unclip it and chuck it off, you feel like you can fly !!!

Top stuff - what's the next goal ??

haha. I'd love to do that one day. :D

Actually when I got to 65 kg thats when I really started to feel light on my feet and felt like i was flying across the surface

Thanks! :)

Also I'm aware of my trigger foods for example chocolate which I just avoid. I'm really not fussed about my trigger foods. I steer clear from them because I dont want to get the taste for them anymore. Some of them make me feel sick now anyhow. I enjoy a fortnightly cheat meal of pad thai or noodles and/or some lollies. These kinds of foods I find to be not addictive for me. Each to there own though. If you can eat for example a block of chocolate once a week and can fit it into your routine then go for it! :)

wow how things have changed. I thought i wouldn't be able to eat chocolate ever again but at christmas time i had a small lindt chocolate for afternoon tea and couldn't resist having another. I was dying for more but i kept telling myself out loud, 2 is enough and i had a coffee. 5 minutes later that addictive feeling passed by and I was fine, back to normal.

Its funny because i had 5 parties over christmas and ate a small amount of crap at 2 of those parties. I still managed to keep losing weight as evidenced by my shirt button not gaping open as much.

i enjoyed 2 large pieces of pavlova on christmas day and ate small portions as i normally would do for the rest of the lunch. At a work do i had some sausage rolls and finger foods. At another work lunch I had chocolate mouse cake and some other chocolate.

Even with all these yummies I only went over my maintenance calories by a couple of hundred each time and on the days before and after i made sure to eat less so that my weekly calorie average equaled out. I also kept up with my regular exercise routine. It was a good learning experience of how to eat in moderation when you are at the stage of maintenance.

95% of the time though i dont touch that kind of food. Just about 3 or 4 times a year. The rest of the time i eat healthy fresh clean food. Oh and now I sometimes will have a small iceream cone with 1 measured cup of icecream. I think its important to not always deny yourself and if you can fit it in to your daily calories then why not. Life is about living.

My latest photo. Christmas 2012

In the past 12 months i've only lost 3kg but my body shape has changed tremendously. I can see definition in my arms now. Have leaned out all round. Waist isn't as thick.

I'm currently 58 kg's and hoping to get to 57 kg. It might take another 6 months lol. I still want to work on my tummy area. :)

Immense change in the past year even though it might only be 3kg. You've definitely changed muscle tone.

Inspirational. I need to lose 5-10kg more. Last year I lost 8 just got to keep at it.

Congratulations Alex, you're 63% of the woman you used to be. :D

I hope that you keep it off again, but it sounds like you've re-engineered your lifestyle so you should.

Now I have to get off my backside and knock off those 10 kg I want to be rid of...

thanks! :)

Theres no way i'll get fat again. im loving the attention im getting. love how people look at me now ;)

Immense change in the past year even though it might only be 3kg. You've definitely changed muscle tone.

Inspirational. I need to lose 5-10kg more. Last year I lost 8 just got to keep at it.

Yeah. Ive been doing heavy weights for a couple of years now and and as the fat gets stipped away the muscles have come out of hiding.:D I'm glad i havent got loose skin. my tummy only looks a little wrinkly when im fully bent over, but oh well. I did it slowly so the skin had to time to adjust so my tummy is looking pretty good! I'm happy with it. I'm trying for a 6 pack now, dunno if thats realistic but i'll try and get close as possible ;)

Good luck with that! :) its hard to keep going day in day out. You just have to be very strong oh and patient.

What i've found has been helpful is going through periods where I would eat at a very slight defecit from maintenance and at other times I would eat at a more moderate defecit.

At the moment for the past 3 months i'm cutting at between 1600 - 1900 calories (which is a moderate defecit for me as I exercise heavily) I find I can do this for a few months and then i need to take a breather. Thats when i go through my body recomp stage where for a few months i'll eat just below maintenance. The fat loss is slower but i'm still losing. lol theres no way i could keep this up for what will be my 3rd year anniversary in April eating at the kind of defecit im eating atm. When i go through a recomp period i eat between 1700 - 2300.

Back