This is me 33 kg's lighter

Hi Alex
Fantastic u look great.
Amazing, from what I have heard most who lose this amount of weight need major surgery to get rid of the excess skin, but I expect the exercise helped big time:)

Well done Alex. If you can do this, you can do anything!

I personally find it difficult to drop 5kgs so I'm in awe of your hard work, dedication and patience. Very impressed.

Looking fabulous - the difference is visably huge and your health must be loving you!

Don't try to lose too much more - always looks nice to have a few curves.

Hi Alex

Great progress, thanks for keeping us updated

There was another great thread by Kristine titled An Investment in Reduction

None by one of the guys yet ;)

With regards to your indulgences, there's been some interesting stuff I've read about IIFYM or If It Fits Your Macro[nutrient]s, which basically allows some indulgences as long as you match your macro-nutrient profile

Interesting read if you have the time/inclination

You look fantastic Alex, congratulations.

I weigh 58 kgs but you look way better than I do. Thank you for the update.

Hi Alex

Great progress, thanks for keeping us updated

There was another great thread by Kristine titled An Investment in Reduction

None by one of the guys yet ;)

With regards to your indulgences, there's been some interesting stuff I've read about IIFYM or If It Fits Your Macro[nutrient]s, which basically allows some indulgences as long as you match your macro-nutrient profile

Interesting read if you have the time/inclination

Thanks everyone! :)

Yes I've been reading similar. I've been reading wavelengths 3 rules thread on bodybuilding.com You don't have to eat clean 100% of the time. I try for about 90% of the time now.

If for example I have the calories for it I'll have some icecream at night & as long as I'm staying within my calorie range I'll still lose weight. My protein needs are approx 1 gram per lean muscle.

If I have just a couple of hundred calories left at night after dinner and I'm still hungry I always opt for a snack that is more filling and Weetbix does that for me! Fruit too afterwards if needed. That's how I decide!

When I'm on a more moderate deficit I have to be careful I'm getting my macros in especially protein (for retaining muscle) and sometimes I don't have the calories to spare for treats. When I'm recomping I have a little more leeway.

My wish for the future is that I will have the control to buy a family block of dark chocolate and be able to limit myself to 3 square pieces (maybe 30 grams) per day. Dunno if this will happen though and I might be playing with fire here but you never know.

You look fantastic Alex, congratulations.

I weigh 58 kgs but you look way better than I do. Thank you for the update.

Thanks! I have to keep reminding myself to not worry too much about the scale number and to just focus on how I look. Thanks for the reminder. I'm 5 foot 2 and just need to realise that some girls my height can weigh 50 kg but some who have heavier frames and who have muscle will never be that light. I'll always be at the higher end of the healthy weight range for my height. it's really the fat to muscle ratio that determines how toned you look

Hi Alex
Fantastic u look great.
Amazing, from what I have heard most who lose this amount of weight need major surgery to get rid of the excess skin, but I expect the exercise helped big time:)

I thought that it related to people who lost more than 50!?

Yeah the heavy weight & intense exercise shaped my body. Heavy weights does amazing things! Plus the fact I did it so slowly the skin had time to adjust

Looking fabulous - the difference is visably huge and your health must be loving you!

Don't try to lose too much more - always looks nice to have a few curves.

Thanks yes I agree I wouldnt want to lose much more and i dont think i need to. I don't want to look just skinny. I want that shapely toned athletic fit look & that is what my training is geared towards. I'm becoming stronger with my weights and as a nice side effect I'm leaning out getting some nice definition. Hmmm maybe I'll post some shots of me in my gym gear :D

All along I've been focused on my athletic performance as well as losing the fat. Currently introduced lactate threshold training. Wow is it tough! A 3 min fast tempo run followed by 2 min slow jog for a total of 15 mins. I think I'll start concentrating on becoming fitter & fitter now rather than also making sure to burn heaps of calories. Its just too much now. It's a real goal shift.

Yes and my health has never been better. I have to balance things better now cos in the past few months I burnt myself out with my heavy routine. I make sure I have 1 day off a week now.

I thought that it related to people who lost more than 50!?

Yeah the heavy weight & intense exercise shaped my body. Heavy weights does amazing things! Plus the fact I did it so slowly the skin had time to adjust

Well you look great anyway:)

Just came back from a trip to Lorna Jane. Love wearing those fitted tops now!! :D Haha I love shopping. Will have to keep my spending in check ;)

Wow got to a new low today of 57.3 kg's

Just .3 to go now woohoo! Haven't been this weight since early high school - which was about 27 years ago. Hmmm actually ive never been this weight before ever as an adult! :eek:

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Alex... you look wonderful.

This is my very first post here and I feel honoured to be able to congratulate you on such amazing achievement!

Ps. A zig-zag day (aka an occasional day of "indulgence") is ok according to Sage Robbins (Anthony Robbin's wife).

Nice looking guns there !! You're packing two serious arms.

No doubt all of the Lorna Jane purchases will be all singlets or versions thereof.

Good stuff.

Back