Thoughts on Acacia Ridge, qld

I've been looking at several properties there

Very close to cdb, out of flood zone & can get a house for under 350k

Do you think that will affect future growth ?

Mount druitt had high unemployment rages as well, but it is now a hot spot for Sydney property market

Would it be too big a gamble in acacia ridge ?

Appreciate your opinions - you guys would know a lot more than me :)

No one knows much about acacia ridge ?

Just a quick question,is the property in the old sometimes large "ex h c",or is it in one of the near new properties with 400sqm blocks there is a big difference in that simple fact alone,but nothing wrong with Acacia-Ridge..

Do you think that will affect future growth ?

Mount druitt had high unemployment rages as well, but it is now a hot spot for Sydney property market

Would it be too big a gamble in acacia ridge ?

Appreciate your opinions - you guys would know a lot more than me :)

hang on....Brisbane and Sydney are very different, so cant make the relationship of acacia ridge:brisbane analogous to mt Druitt:sydney

The reason why mt Druitt has done ok is because Sydney has boomed so much ,that there is a ripple effect , amongst many other reasons. Hasn't happened in Brisbane. Still a very long way to go in Brisbane before areas like acacia ridge start seeing good growth like Druitt has.
In my opinion, there are far better places to park your money than acacia ridge, assuming you are after CG. The unemployment rate is a big factor against it and these things require many many years of , um, citizen gentrification [ which ultimately lead to property gentrification] in the area. [ no offence intended to anyone.]

I know a little about Acacia Ridge.

Low socio demographic - high unemployement, high welfare.

Assume a fair bit of HC due to the above.

Suburb has a lot of old houses, not much gentrification that I have seen.

Very industrial for part of it - so not a great feel.

Beware of underground movement - many buildings have had issues with subsidence. I think there are underground springs / water - something like that.

Location is fairly convenient - not far from major arterials.

Problem is - there just isn't much there to excite and much of the above will hold you back for CG.

I would look elsewhere.

There are some new suburbs about to spring up nearby - near Pallara I think? Council has committed to a new aquatics centre there.

Back