Tiles

Hi all
I just wanted to run this past other more experienced people with renovations. I am looking at retiling a 36sq mtr area and have been quoted for the removal of old tiles and laying of new underlay (its wooden floor) and all laying of tiles $2600, is this a reasonable quote? (its not including the removal of old tiles - taking them to the tip or the purchase of the new tiles)

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all
I just wanted to run this past other more experienced people with renovations. I am looking at retiling a 36sq mtr area and have been quoted for the removal of old tiles and laying of new underlay (its wooden floor) and all laying of tiles $2600, is this a reasonable quote? (its not including the removal of old tiles - taking them to the tip or the purchase of the new tiles)

Thanks

You still need to make up your mind what the quote includes. Also whats involved with the underlay?

Cheers

Last edited:
I have recently got a quote from a tiler to lay about 60m2. (Then another 60m2 in other dwelling.

I am going to purchase all tiles.

He will supply all other consumables. (i.e. adhesive, grout, spacers, etc) He picks up tile from pallet and will do everything else.

He verbally said $35/m2, so this alone works out to $2100 for labour.

I am on the hunt for other quotes though, to confirm pricing.

This is in SEQld by the way.

While I am here, can anyone recommend any other tilers that they have used in SEQld (preferably North Brisbane)

Cheers,

F

I have recently got a quote from a tiler to lay about 60m2. (Then another 60m2 in other dwelling.

I am going to purchase all tiles.

He will supply all other consumables. (i.e. adhesive, grout, spacers, etc) He picks up tile from pallet and will do everything else.

He verbally said $35/m2, so this alone works out to $2100 for labour.

I am on the hunt for other quotes though, to confirm pricing.

This is in SEQld by the way.

While I am here, can anyone recommend any other tilers that they have used in SEQld (preferably North Brisbane)

Cheers,

F

Is that price including the removal of the old tiles from the floor?

That's a little dear $35m,
You can get them down to $30 quite easy,
I have even got them down to $20-25 cash for some customers.

You can get them cheaper for larger floors and for larger tiles,usually 300mm square is a good size.

You tell them how much a metre and see what they say and work on it:eek:

That's a little dear $35m,
You can get them down to $30 quite easy,
I have even got them down to $20-25 cash for some customers.

You can get them cheaper for larger floors and for larger tiles,usually 300mm square is a good size.

You tell them how much a metre and see what they say and work on it:eek:

Thanks Painter.

Yep, I don't know how much they charge. This was my first quote. I will go to a few and negotiate however. One is 60m2, then another unit for 60m2. Then I have another reno that will be about the same.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will look at around $30 as a benchmark.

Cheers,

F

Back