Time spent on the internet vs Body Mass Index

Quarter horse! [That is quite clever]
So it would be a "Quorse"? I have heard of these things happening in Tassie.
Ah well, "quorses for courses"...and think of the money saved on farriers.

Far too much chocolate and amber wine...

Gawd, don't talk to me about wine. Started at 1pm yesterday and stopped at 8.30pm..... Was great at the time, but am now aware I must have drunk 15km of wine. i.e. you have to walk 1km to burn off a standard alcoholic drink.

BTW, I had always thought licenced restaurants serve an approx standard drink when pouring wine. But they don't. They serve around 1.8-2 standard drinks per glass. A standard drink of 12% wine is only 100mls, and I don't know too many people who put only 100mls into a wine glass.

Here's a concise guide on standard drinks.
http://www.alcohol.gov.au/guidelines/pdf/drinksguide.pdf

About 2 hours on the interent and 9 hours on a computer a day , 5 hours of weights , 4 hours of cardio a week . Weight 85 kg , height 5'11 , body fat 12 %

Was wondering how everyone is doing with their health and fitness after reading about all the healthy food everyone is eating http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45452 did a quick search and found this old thread.

Currently I'm only doing martial arts about 4hrs week, haven't done any weight training for 12months. Noticed a bit of muscle has departed the body but still a reasonable size, maybe a bit skinny. Need to improve the fitness, did a bit of sparing on Tuesday and ran out of puff.

Is there a corrolation between wealth creation and people caring about their health?

Also this thread but it didn't get much attention. http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37868&highlight=health+fitness

Regards
Graeme

I saw this and thought that thefirstbruce was back. What a shame some of the posters leave the site. I enjoyed his posts.

Only been back a few weeks.

I have stacked on 6kg and the cellar is empty:eek:
Fridge only a 6 pack left and rotten lettuce.

Lucky I buy the bulk noodle packs at ALDI:)

Gee Cee

Fat Old Fart:p

I saw this and thought that thefirstbruce was back. What a shame some of the posters leave the site. I enjoyed his posts.
Sorry about disapointing you Wylie, I try to drag up old post instead of starting new ones on the same or very similar topics.

It's just that so many investors I speak with do care about their health and do spend time and money trying to stay fit and healthy. I was trying to think of how to do a poll on it but have worked out what questions to ask to get a good spread of who does and who doesn't and how much they do or don't do.

Might get some questions organised and post a poll later.

Cheers
Graeme

I spend quite alot of time online, and exercise for 1 hour, 3 times per week.
6 months ago I was a healthy 22 BMI, now I am 27.5 BMI - officially overweight.

Maybe I should have not started exercising regularly over the last 6 months to stay in the healthy range?

BMI 19, as you'd expect for an elf. Although until very recently I was VERY unfit, since getting the IP I've been shovelling and painting and banging away madly and am now just rather unfit - helps that the IP is a very nice walk away from the shops.

Exercise makes me eat lots. Lots and lots, in fact. I am currently eating about 10 chicken wings because I was painting all day. Normally I'd spend all day sitting on my bum in front of a computer. We now have broadband wireless.

I'm breastfeeding now and have lost 21kg in the last year, 2kg to go, and all that done sitting on my bum eating :p

Back