Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None

Why do you ask Way???

Am I on yours??? :(

For me.....NONE!!!

Everyone has the right to their say; I may not like it or them, but it's a huge world and there is enough space for us all, both in and out of a public forum.

Cheers,

Jo

Who said that?

All these views and nobody replying??

Come on people!

:D

What me censor you Mono? Never! :)

Seriously though, I'm happier now I'm not reading posts from a certain 'key puncher". If a poster makes hundreds of posts and contribute precious little and show an appetite for flaming then.... I'm a bit happier now I have one person on the ignore list, hopefully I won't be adding any more to the list.

By the way you can still see a person has made a post, just not the content which suits me just fine.

WaySolid

See, I would've thought that'd make things a bit confusing, especially when someone says something in direct reply to ignored person's post, and you have no idea what they've said... :confused:

For me, whilst there's a few people who seem to do a good job of annoying the absolute proverbial out of me, I'm still interested as to what they have to say sometimes.

James.

WaySolid said:
By the way you can still see a person has made a post, just not the content which suits me just fine.

WaySolid

None!
firstly Im new although been reading for a while >12mnths
secondly and more importantly, thoughts are free, all opinions are grist to the evaluation process I use to view the world.

and if I dont like em. i can speed read and use the same tactics I use on trash mags thoughtfull placed near the shopping checkouts. I quick flick till Its my turn then neatly returned

cheers

disclaimer.....I did buy the sexiest men Who Weekly.....

My philosophy on this is as follows:

Putting ppl on ignore creates confusion with me as to the thread of the conversation and disrupts the flow, as has already been pointed out.

With those whose posts I take with a "grain of salt", I do simply that, usually quickly peruse them and move on to the next post.

None for me. There are those who are particularly self opinionated - I can think of a couple in particular. But briefly scanning their (all to frequent) posts makes me appreciate the rest of you. :)

KJ

To be honest the thought of using the ignore list never comes to mind.
I can't even imagine why I would want to use it.
Horses for courses ... those that like it ... more power to you.

Everyone's opinion is valid whether you happen to like it or not. Well, that is my opinion. ;-)

If there is a rant between two people I may skip over it, but the idea of not reading some posts in a thread just sounds waaayyy too confusing... :p

I like reading everything. There is almost always something to learn, whether you agree with an opinion or not.

I've had up to two ppl on my list at once, but generally take them off after awhile.

They only go on when their posts are specifically flames with no useful content & I don't feel like wasting time reading their words for a bit.

I find that ignoring these people doesn't interfere with the flow of the forum discussions at all :)

I wonder how many people it would be possible to put on ignore and still maintain the same flow :D

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Mmmmmm, ive never had trouble with anyone on this board really. Sure we don't all agree (it would be boring if we did), but I've never disliked anyone here because of it. I guess in a way I tend to read what is said and not pay attention to who said it.

Aceyducey said:
They only go on when their posts are specifically flames with no useful content & I don't feel like wasting time reading their words for a bit.

Wow thanks Acey,

I hope I am not mistaken in my understanding of the "ignore" function; please correct me if I am, but from what you have written, I get the impression that if you select to ignore a poster, it means you cannot read their posts??!! Kind of like switching on one's selective "deafness / blindness"??? Cool... :cool:

Not that I feel the need to use this function at this point (and hopefully never will) but I just thought it was so that you couldn't receive private messages from them etc.

Gee the comparison between the two major property forums just gets better and better!!! :D

Cheers,

Jo

Even if you do put someone on ignore, you can read their posts, as there's a button that says " View Post ". It's just it's not " in your face" .

I have used the ignore button , but only if someone is repeatedly going over the same terrritory / flaming etc or just being deliberatly annoying.

I come here for the education , but also to enjoy my self. It's a bit like being at a party where some one is drunk and going on and on and on..... . I'll walk away. I know they're still there , but do I have to listen ??

See Change

Hi all. No-one on my ignore list either. Whilst I may not agree with everyone on a particular issue, it is good to see varying opinions that may possibly open my eyes up to any situation. Would be boring if we all thought the same things. It's funny to see how people reply to some posts with pretty much the exact same thought as your own and invariably it continues to be the same people (hope this makes some sense).

Regards
Marty

Back