Vote

Howdy

So I'm relatively ignorant when it comes to politics.
So who should I vote for?
Ie who are property saavy people voting for?
I know I should take at least some interest in how the country is run, but honestly I have 0 interest in this.
Thanks in advance!!

Cheers

You should ask yourself why you have no interest in forming your own opinion on who should be making the rules that dictate your life, and spend 30%+ of your income.

I've found most people work out quite quickly who they want to send their vote towards when they explore their views on life. There are very clear distinctions with the parties.

You should ask yourself why you have no interest in forming your own opinion on who should be making the rules that dictate your life, and spend 30%+ of your income.

I've found most people work out quite quickly who they want to send their vote towards when they explore their views on life. There are very clear distinctions with the parties.

And this is exactly why voting shouldn't be compulsory......

Thanks Corey
There is something to your statement.
I feel my vote would count for very little as voting is compulsory and I'm sure a good many votes are Random.
I would like to understand more of the Legislation surrounding Political polices and Real Estate, however there seem to be quite a number of things that can effect property and this could take a considerable amount of time.
Plus I have a time consuming Job.
So, I reach out to the experts for advice

Do what most Australians do and treat it like a reality TV show.

Read the Telegraph and cheap magazines and decide who you like then vote them to stay. Current Affairs TV programs and commercial breakfast shows will help a lot.

Disregard policy and budgets and go for popularity only.

Anyone doing $900 handouts? I missed out last time.

I lowered my taxable income by half in readiness for the free cash!

:rolleyes:

pinkboy

Personal peeve of mine is educators even being remotely involved in educating kids on who to vote for. Not saying you are influencing your students, but im damn sure a lot of teachers do.

Skewed questions from a biased source - not what I'd personally be happy with a neutral party providing as a 'trusted' source to a child of mine.

Personal peeve of mine is educators even being remotely involved in educating kids on who to vote for. Not saying you are influencing your students, but im damn sure a lot of teachers do.

chillax. I teach adults. why give it to a kid? They're not ready yet.

Skewed questions from a biased source - not what I'd personally be happy with a neutral party providing as a 'trusted' source to a child of mine.

chillax. I teach adults. why give it to a kid? They're not ready yet.

Is it just me or does anyone else find this kind of attitude condescending?

I for one would fully support teachers encouraging the free and open expression of ideas around the different sides of the Laberal Party.

The kids aren't robots that are incapable of absorbing the information and using it to make informed, independent decisions.

Is it just me or does anyone else find this kind of attitude condescending?

I for one would fully support teachers encouraging the free and open expression of ideas around the different sides of the Laberal Party.

The kids aren't robots that are incapable of absorbing the information and using it to make informed, independent decisions.

Teaching political discourse is absolutely a great idea, there needs to be more civics taught in schools, especially in the later years of HS.

The real problem is that a solitary teacher teaching a class provides an authority figure who controls the debate and the input of information, which can lead to a skewed 'propagandising' of information. Especially when teaching as a profession leans towards one end of the political spectrum.

Theres a lot of examples of this already happening (in Aust and abroad) where concepts are taught to the students as absolute truths, when it may very much be open for debate.

The real problem is that a solitary teacher teaching a class provides an authority figure who controls the debate and the input of information, which can lead to a skewed 'propagandising' of information. Especially when teaching as a profession leans towards one end of the political spectrum.

Correct-a-mundo, good buddy!

Howdy

So I'm relatively ignorant when it comes to politics.
So who should I vote for?
Ie who are property saavy people voting for?
I know I should take at least some interest in how the country is run, but honestly I have 0 interest in this.
Thanks in advance!!

Cheers
Very basically; Robin Hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham;

Workers and employees, greenies and fringe types vote for Labor - because they apparently look after the little guys and keep them safe from the greedy bosses and Corporations, need lots of welfare, job conditions, freebies and so on... there is a place for this of course as history has shown us with dodgy large Corporations and giant finance institutions, etc. Labor is mostly about fighting for workers,families and so on - which we need.

Teachers are generally left-voters (or Labor), and influence the kids that way either consciously, or unconsciously through various words used, and subject matter.

Sadly, the Labor (and Liberal) "corporations" are also full of greedy, pocket lining slugs who ultimately bow to the gravy-train magnet and do what is necessary keep on getting re-elected.

Capitalists, folks who are inclined to be business owners, entrepreneurs and "want to get rich"-ers, folks who are doers and not interested in leaning on the Gubb to help them; vote Lib. Liberal is mostly about providing the platform for the economy to grow through creating wealth, encouraging investment and entrepeneurship, providing jobs etc - which we need.

There is a cross-over of course; sometimes you will see a nurse, or a teacher etc who vote Liberal, but this is the grass roots difference between the two - from my experience in life.

Sadly, many Aussies I have crossed paths with in my life have a "hate the Boss" and a "hate the rich" mentality...these are mostly Labor voters you'll find....and most have never been a boss or business owner...maybe a junior or middle-manager at most.

Much of Labor's history is full of rank and file Unionists and Union leaders....the boss haters.

Not saying don't vote Labor; just know what the the core mindset is.

(putting on fire-proof suit to prepare for massive flaming)

Last edited:
Back