Vote

true, the same kind of simpletons boycotting halal food atm

What! Where do I sign up to protest? I'm all about halal food, I love it! Went to a top notch halal restaurant on Sydney Road last weekend, so good! Intend to have a go of a halal place that I sussed in the city soon, too.

But seriously, if it came down to brass tacks, I would be more than happy to boot cracker rednecks like Pauline Hanson and her cracker redneck followers out of Australia and keep top notch Muslim homies here. I'm not kidding.

I have had (and proudly have) plenty of Middle Eastern/Muslim/Islamist friends over the years who are fan-tiddly-astic people who are just marvelous.

For those that are interested, the halal place I went to was called 'Tiba's Lebanese Restaurant' at 504 Sydney Road Brunswick and it was great! Cheap food, great service, friendly staff and crazy generous serves! For reals, I ordered the vine rolls as an entree and got a main and struggled to get through it all. Get it in ya!

The halal place in the city is on the corner of Swanston St and Flinders Lane. If anyone is keen, I'll let you know how it goes.

haha i went to tibas once too, i assume youve been to ablas in the past as well? its been around for decades i believe. was good when i went but prob didnt justify its reputation, lebanese food can be outstanding though

agree with your sentiment, id love to swap some of these rednecks but looks like we're stuck with them

Ahhh! I sussed Abla's, but they are only open for dinner on the weekends. I do a thing on Saturdays where I go somewhere around Melbourne I don't usually venture for lunch and go and eat, then walk around the hood and check it out. So Abla's doesn't really work for me.

Looks like pauline hanson is finally finished, even with such a swing against the LNP she couldn't get herself elected or any other one nation member.

Hopefully it's the last we hear of her.

Sorry luv

You know what I was about to post saying, who cares about halal etc... if people want to do rituals to make their imaginary friend happy, then so what...

But then I read this: http://kb.rspca.org.au/what-is-halal-slaughter-in-australia_116.html

It's RSPCA so I'm guessing it's pretty accurate.

I can't believe that halal slaughter is permitted in this country if it involves no prior stunning of the animal. What a needlessly cruel and barbaric practice.

So instead of stunning the animal first and then killing it while it's unconscious like normal required australian practice, halal slaughter involves either slitting the poor animals throat while fully conscious and then not stunning at all, or only stunning after it's felt it's throat being cut. It gets to experience at least 20 seconds of agony as blood gushes from it's throat, when it doesn't have to, just to make the invisible sky fairy happy.

Have to agree with the late Christopher Hitchens, religion really does seem to poison everything. It shoves it's barbaric backward ways into literally everything.

Anyway I'm really pissed off about this so I should stop writing and take a breather.

Last edited:
I do agree that stunning should be done in all cases and the article you linked confirms that it is in fact done in the vast majority.

The idiots who are part of the boycott halal campaigns are genuinely some of the most unintelligent people I've come across on the Internet which is an achievement.

No fact checking is done and absolute lies are often pass ed off as fact. Some of them have even claimed that there are examples of halal certified pork and alcohol which of course is impossible.

Then there is this claim of it being a tax which is simply not true, only the government can do raise taxes.

The word extortion is also used often which of course is illegal and yet no proof of extortion is provided.

Another favourite claim is that it is used to fun terrorism and of course they say they have proof but refuse to provide it, the only example they've given is that one of the halal certification bodies lists some of the causes they have donated to. Out of the many causes, including some around australia, it included donations to help people displaced by the troubles in Syria and apparently that means it's funding terrorism.

These people are not only woefully ignorant but vicious and malicious too which is a very dangerous combination.

Agreed not many people let silly little things like "facts" change their minds.

And yes luckily it looks like it's the minority of halal slaughter which is done without stunning. I read in the UK it's 22% done without stunning. But still to me that seems unacceptable. Yes we have to eat. Yes survival is often achieved at the expense of other life. But with our modern society we have developed methods to reduce the amount of suffering we inflict on other creatures. People eat a lot of animals. I bet 22% of halal slaughters are still a staggering amount of animals. That's a lot of suffering for those animals that only happens purely because of religion.

There are a lot of justifiable things that warrant suffering. Pleasing a figment of your imagination just doesn't cut it in my book.

You know what I was about to post saying, who cares about halal etc... if people want to do rituals to make their imaginary friend happy, then so what...

Maybe they should include all imaginary friends and have the cross, fish etc on packaging- keep everyone (real or imaginary) happy?

2dbaf098b3e83de2190a1ac041a7d4ea.jpg

1005647.1.high_.jpg

But then I read this: http://kb.rspca.org.au/what-is-halal-slaughter-in-australia_116.html

It's RSPCA so I'm guessing it's pretty accurate.

I can't believe that halal slaughter is permitted in this country if it involves no prior stunning of the animal. What a needlessly cruel and barbaric practice.

So instead of stunning the animal first and then killing it while it's unconscious like normal required australian practice, halal slaughter involves either slitting the poor animals throat while fully conscious and then not stunning at all, or only stunning after it's felt it's throat being cut. It gets to experience at least 20 seconds of agony as blood gushes from it's throat, when it doesn't have to, just to make the invisible sky fairy happy.

Have to agree with the late Christopher Hitchens, religion really does seem to poison everything. It shoves it's barbaric backward ways into literally everything.

Anyway I'm really pissed off about this so I should stop writing and take a breather.
Agreed
Big fan of the Hitch

Back