Today was another low point

Well here we are all these months down the track and things have continued to go from worse to worse, nothing sold, more debt to try and keep things ticking over and all with interest rate light at the end of the tunnel coming just too late for us. Yanchep is about to go to the bank and no doubt others will soon follow.

More bad things at home such as 20 year old son being diagnosed with illness, other son coming out of an addiction but in court tomorrow at only 18 years old for possession, sons friend I took in as homeless 9 months ago ripped us off and so it goes on. Christmas is definetly cancelled this year as I juggle bills and figure out which ones I can pay this week.

But today was one of the lowest points, one of the few times I have let it all get to me when I read this line in an email:

'Thank you for contacting us regarding the cancellation of your child sponsorship.'

Through it all I have kept up the sponsorship because no matter how poor we are we are always a million times better off than people in third world countries (and yes I care if farmers starve in third world countries) But I just can't do it any more, we have sponsored James in Zambia since he was 6 years old and now he is 15, I was just a year off fulfilling the obligation I felt to him and his family.

Who knew it would get this bad, heaven knows how I would be coping if I wasn't normally so optimistic and didn't bounce back all the time. Just not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel today........maybe tomorrow, the karma must be due to come back to me at some point surely?

Thank goodness I have this place to get it all out!

Tommorow is another day.

Success is getting up just one more time that you get knocked down, hang in there and look after family.

You can always make more money, but you cant make more time.

ta
rolf

Thanks Rolf

I think I might hold the world record for getting back up this year! Sometimes I think the bounce might have worn out. Every day I tell myself this is the day when we get offers on one of those properties, thats all it will take for the comeback to begin but I'm afraid time is almost up.

Sorry to hear Sparky....

I've walked in your shoes to a degree so I have empathy.

Your post says you are going through tough times with the financial pressures and other things so if you don't mind I just wanna say don't try and do it all your self. Go and see professional people if need be......

Here's to brighter days

Swany:)

wow sparky - that's a really rough trot you are having. why can't you reduce the price of the properties till they sell (what are they at now?) - are you already askign the mortgage value or somehting? Yanchep mustn't have cost much to build tho?

Sparky sorry to here about this rough trot atm , the difference in the winners and the loosers is getting up another time, and again and again , sounds like you've got this quality, you can beat this , and your not alone im sure.try to focus on the big things let the little things slide, you cant be every ones savior, your a champion in my eyes already.

i'm really very sorry to hear your situations arent positive ones, sparky.

maybe there's some kind of incentive you can offer for your properties to sell - like put them back on at $10k higher and offer $20k cashback on settlement...?

i think it's safe to say we all have a lot of sympathy for you.

i hope karma looks your way soon.

Hi Sparky

You can make it through this time. Some good advice from BC above. Maybe go through the financial sums again and seek family cooperation to stick to a budget strategy? Also try a new mortgage broker or re-negotiate with the lender. Keep knocking and soon a door will open.

F

From what I've experienced, all properties do sell eventually. Have you considerered cutting your losses and selling it at a lower price?

Life is full of ups and downs. sorry

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a hard time Sparky. Life has a way of dumping it all on us at once sometimes. I hope your son gets a good outcome in court today and can put it all behind him sooner or later. Hang in there, one day you will look back and all this will be just a blip in a great life!

Hi ya Sparky.

Also sorry to hear of your current dramas.

Times have been hard for a lot of investors of late. I often remind myself of something I used to think to myself when 'the negatives' (well meaning friends/family) started querying when I first started investing. I used to think that if I didn't invest, I'd be guaranteed to be like most and retire on a pension. So by taking a punt and trying to go down the wealth creation path, the worst thing that could happen if it all went pear shaped was that I'd be back in the same position as I would have been anyway.

The beauty of it though is that if things go to plan...I can retire early (hopefully) and live a better life on a better income without having to rely on the government.

I think it's worth fighting for and I'm sure when you pick yourself up (again) you'll see that this bad time is just another hurdle that you will get over.

Hang in there kiddo.

Regards
Marty

Hey Sparky, if you have sponsored a child for 9 years then you have done something wonderful and more than most people do.
All the best.

i really feel for you sparky. sometimes when we are so down, it's hard to see any way out ... but ... if you are feeling you are at rock bottom, there is only one way to travel - and that is up.

all the best for today - you will come out of this a much stronger person, with more knowledge and experience and gumption to progress. you will be someone who will go on to do wonderful things because of these hard times you've gone thru. hey - in 5 or 10 years time, when everything has righted itself and the sun is shining down on you directly, i'd love to hear about you sponsoring an entire village.

hang in there kiddo.

Agreed. You have the experience and knowledge to do it all again, circumstances are just working against you at this time. Hopefully your losses will be minimised and you'll be right to go again/move forward in the future when economic conditions are better.

Im in a really bad spot myself at the moment, and not sure how Im going to get out of it. Its affecting life a lot, but we will come out the other side (for better or worse).
But then, I just read this.................

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=667896

A father who died during a futile effort to save his drowning baby and young son has been named by police as 28-year-old butcher Shane O'Neill from Kalaru on the far south NSW coast.

Mr O'Neill dived into the water to try and save his two young sons, Riley, four, and Travis, 15 months, after they fell five metres into the water from Tathra Wharf, at Tathra, near Bega, just after 8pm (AEDT) on Tuesday.

Mr O'Neill, who would have turned 29 next Saturday, was fishing off the wharf and had his baby in the pram, with his other child holding onto it, when the pram tumbled into the water.

The panicked father quickly dived in to save his children as his fianceé Stacey Lambert ran for help.

But all three drowned and were unable to be revived by paramedics and Ms Lambert is being comforted by relatives.

Senior Sergeant Garry Nowlan said the weather had been bad in the area.

"The weather was pretty bad there last night," he told AAP.

"The wind was blowing, strong winds, the surf was up... the sea was very choppy.

"The conditions weren't good."

He said local police were still in the process of taking statements from witnesses, who were "understandably traumatised".

A 37-year-old local fisherman who jumped into the water to help was taken to hospital on Tuesday night but discharged early Wednesday morning with "superficial injuries", including a few scratches, a spokeswoman for Greater South Area Health Service said.

Tony Brown, a GP and hotel owner from Kalaru, told AAP that locals were "shocked and saddened".

A report is being prepared for the coroner.

Sparky, thankyou very much for your honesty here. Not many people would be courageous and honest enough to share this stuff. It is can only have good karma as it acts to inform other investors how things don't always go our way.

One of my most successful friends went bankrupt twice doing property development. He couldn't get out of bed in the morning, such was his fear and sense of defeat. All that is behind him now. And what he learnt by acting rather than being an observer of life, has rewarded him well.

Not too many people will have learnt what you are learning through this. It is valuable experience, even if adverse. It will help you stay on target next time.

As small as it might seem, eat well, exercise a bit every day, and get to bed reasonably early. It makes all the difference when your hormones and moods are all over the place.

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation Sparky. I hope this helps to put things into perspective.

A few months back I contacted an old work collegue/friend to ask if he could be my referee for a job I was going for. The receptionist was a bit lost for words and after a short discussion as to why I wished to speak to him she told me he had died a terrible death 4 years earlier. His voice was ringing in my head, "Next time your in Brisbane come up to work and bring your baby in, I'd love to see her".

Eight years passed and I never got around to dropping in, I kept thinking next trip I will go there.

This person who died was a bit of a mentor to me and had everything, beautiful wife, three beautiful daughters, and gorgeous huge house on acreage with stunning views. He also had plenty of other properties and investments.

It made me reflect quite a bit on my own life, reasses my financial situation and personal goals. TIME goes so quick. ASSETS/WEALTH will eventually arrive. THERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU CAN NEVER GET BACK.

Your kids are the most important thing right now and if you don't sort out the drug problems you may eventually lose him to it. I don't know your personal situation but maybe you could attend family drug counseling. I'm really angry that there are so many drugs available on the street, almost every young person I meet is taking them. It's a very sad situation.

I don't know all the details of your financial situation but if you can sell them at a discount (really discounted properties are still selling within a few days) and start again later it may be a wise move.

I know your situation is really difficult but I'm sure it will improve! Your not the only one dealing with difficult times.

I haven't had my son diagnosed but think he has slight aspergers and colour blind. I remembered how sad I felt at times as he wasn't that good socializing. I felt some parents were picking up on some of his "different" behavour and I felt a bit isolated. He has improved heaps and the other mums would all comment to me about it and accept us more.

In my recent weeks of reflection I realised there was a boy in my sons preprimary class with severe Aspergers whom I'd barely acknowledged. He can't hold a conversation, and initiate play. I spoke to his Dad yesterday and invited his son over for a play. He was very appreciative and said in the past Three years thats the first time his son has been invited somewhere for a play. He also confided in me how difficult it is at times and he may have to care for him for the rest of his life. We really take things for granted sometimes. One of my 60 yr old tenants is still caring for 2 of her children in there 30's with severe aspergers. I'm constantly reminded how lucky I am.

I also found out yesterday one of the pre-primary mums is an ice-addict and another pre-primary mum with a new-born baby is a heroin addict.

Sorry to ramble on. I hope your feeling a lot happier soon, do something that makes you laugh :D and I wish you huge success in your future endeavours.

Regards, Linda

One peice of practical advice I find, is to get out and play some sport (if you like sport) or do something you really enjoy doing. Walking can be good for clearing the mind. Helps you forget all about your problems, even if its only for a short while. The other advice about getting plenty of sleep, etc was good also (if you can sleep that is).

Hey sparky hang in there.
Every day while all this crap is going on in your life try, try real hard to go for a very brisk walk for 20 mins. I know you have no energy but believe me it will help keep your mind in a healthier state. As you walk feel free to cry/ yell/ laugh or sing but just do it. Please try to do this for you.

I would also be ringing the REA and dropping the price on the properties to the lowest you can manage.Tell the agent just get a sale. Buggar worrying about profits now mate. You will get those another day.

all the best
yadreamin

Back