Trades in Adelaide.

To all the SA folk on the forum:

Just wondering if you guys could recommend a good kitchen company for a reno i'm starting in Adelaide soon? I'm wanting to get it made and then fit it myself. I've used Bunnings and ikea kitchens in the past but thought someone might have a better tip??

Also too, any tilers or painters anyone could recommend?

I'm from vic and starting my first SA reno so any advice or referrals would be great.

Thanks
Morty

I've just ordered a new kitchen from CAA Kitchens in Athol Park. 2 pack finish, black granite benchtops (inc. 800mm breakfast bar) for $3,100 installed.
Beats Bunnings and Ikea flat packs.
Can't help you with painter as I do a my own. Tiler? The last one I used is putting his kids through private school on what I paid him. I'm still looking for a good one who works for a fair price.

Rob, can you please keep us up to date with how the Kitchen install goes please?

Will do. Don't hold your breath, though. I haven't even settled on the place yet and have yet to get finance in place.
I've recommended these guys to a few people and feedback has been good, apart from some communication issues as they speak English as a second language.
They don't have a showroom as such. More like a big warehouse with bits and pieces strewn around.
I'll keep you in the loop.

Thanks Rob,

I will definately check them out. How did you come about to order through them? Had you seen previous work or were you recommended by someone?

I might tackle the painting/tiling myself yet, depends on time. Do you paint using a spray gun?

Cheers
Morty

I actually got referred to them from someone on this forum. I've since recommended them to others and had good feedback, subject to my other comments.
I'm old school. I find painting with the roller very theraputic. The spray requires some up front work to learn how to use it well. I don't do enough painting to make that worthwhile.
If I'm done with my reno by the time you're ready, I'll give you a hand with the painting. I tend to use same colour for walss, ceiling, woodwork etc then add warmth with a feature wall here and there. Saves heaps of time and effort cutting in.
I ran out of time on my last reno and had to get a tiler in at the last minute. I was at his mercy. Lesson learned!

Great thanks Rob,

What is the turnaround time for their kitchens?

I'm heading over to Adelaide in two wks to finalise a few things, would love to catch up and pick your brain re strategy, local markets etc.

Thanks again for the advice,

Morty

What is the turnaround time for their kitchens

Funny you should ask. It sounds a bit dodgy, I know, but it's many weeks (like 5) with a 20% deposit. If you pay 50% deposit they claim it's around 2 weeks.
I haven't paid my deposit yet. As soon as I get my apporoval from the bank, then I'll fork out.
Happy to catch up. Give me a shout so we can organise it.

Back