Tree blocking subdivision

Hey Guys,
My father is currently looking to demolish his comdemnable house and subdivide but theres a tree on council property that's apparently preventing council approval (something to do with trees need to be a certain metreage from driveway) now my old man being angry on spending a fair bit of cash to receive this answer has now dug a massive hole in his own yard and is proceeding to poison the tree from the roots :p
Im trying to suggest alternative (legal) means to resolution but don't know what his best options are, im figuring he use the existing driveway as a common driveway to both houses and build 2 houses to one side of the yard (its 850+sqm) is this a good idea? or does anyone have a better one? also does anyone know what the consequences would be if someone caught on to what my old mans doing? meanwhile its quite entertaining :D

Find out what the fine is if you illegally remove the tree. Then work out if you want to pay it.

DISCLAIMER - I don't promote or support any illegal activity.

I think you will have to replace it with with the same type of tree of similar height.

If he can show the tree is causing damage to his property (driveway or fence) he may get council permission to remove it.

Hey Guys,
My father is currently looking to demolish his comdemnable house and subdivide but theres a tree on council property that's apparently preventing council approval (something to do with trees need to be a certain metreage from driveway) now my old man being angry on spending a fair bit of cash to receive this answer has now dug a massive hole in his own yard and is proceeding to poison the tree from the roots :p
Im trying to suggest alternative (legal) means to resolution but don't know what his best options are, im figuring he use the existing driveway as a common driveway to both houses and build 2 houses to one side of the yard (its 850+sqm) is this a good idea? or does anyone have a better one? also does anyone know what the consequences would be if someone caught on to what my old mans doing? meanwhile its quite entertaining :D

A good designer should be able to come up with a workable plan with the tree I would expect.

We all have to work around trees, power poles etc and it's just something you have to deal with when subdividing. The design codes and regulations are there for a reason and the tree would obstruct people's vision exiting the driveway.

I wouldn't even think about poisoning a tree.. especially, council knows that your dad wants it gone.

I was walking along glenelg beach and saw re-planted tree box along with warning that "if this tree is damaged or removed, council will re plant the tree". I guess previous tree could have been blocking the view, and some one would have intentionally removed the tree to get a clear view of ocean.

You have two options here:

A. As Westminster said, designer should be able to work around tree.

B. As part of your DA, request council to permit you to remove a tree and offer them to plant a similar sort of tree as part of your new landscaping.

Remember, it is not what DCP says, it is the objective that matters!!!!

Feel free to PM me, if you need any further help!

I wouldn't even think about poisoning a tree.. especially, council knows that your dad wants it gone.

I was walking along glenelg beach and saw re-planted tree box along with warning that "if this tree is damaged or removed, council will re plant the tree". I guess previous tree could have been blocking the view, and some one would have intentionally removed the tree to get a clear view of ocean.

thats gold!!

I wonder what would happen if you removed the tree and replanted a smaller one or one that doesnt grow as big what would happen?

Back