Tree - cut or not

Hey everyone, purchasing a property in QLD and there is a 10m tall Poinciana tree at the front of the property and i was wondering if we should cut it or not. I would rather not cut it but it may present me with issues down the road like the leaves and pods blocking gutters and branches breaking off etc. If i were to cut it how much would it cost in QLD? Cheers, Dbz

In my books, the only good tree is a dead tree (hic).

Probally around $600 to cut down mulch and ground the stump. That's a Sydney price with all insurances.

Scott - i have and if i decide to keep it i would definitely have them installed. ;) And i agree a nice tree on a property can be an asset, however the age of the tree and the proximity to the property etc has made me think twice. Its a big tree and approximately 5 meters from the property.

datto - Thanks for the Sydney pricing. Its useful for comparison.

Dbz - think of your poor sewer pipes and what they will go through. The back flow....your dunny will start talking to you!

I'd be ringing a hit man soon.

Not sure about other states but NSW councils may permit the removal of the tree if it was 3m or diseased though you would need an arborist report.

Likewise if you were within or adjacent to a bushfire zone.

Hey everyone, purchasing a property in QLD and there is a 10m tall Poinciana tree at the front of the property and i was wondering if we should cut it or not.

Hiya

You might have to get council approval (I'm not sure what the rules are in QLD) but that's a pretty big tree - and if it's out the front, someone will notice it's been cut down.

Cheers

Jamie

My most favourite tree, flowers near Xmas, such an incredible sight in full flower with green leaves and flaming red flowers, big shade canopy, very graceful fronds like Jacaranda, would look amazing with red flowers and Xmas lights as well. Wish I had one. Would need to move further north to keep one though.
Cheers
crest133

JamieM - It is a big tree, and good point about council as i have already looked up council website but will ring them just to be doubly sure.

Crest133 - The Poinciana is a beautiful tree thats why i am very hesitant killing it off. Can't grow these here in Melbourne!

JamieM - It is a big tree, and good point about council as i have already looked up council website but will ring them just to be doubly sure.

Crest133 - The Poinciana is a beautiful tree thats why i am very hesitant killing it off. Can't grow these here in Melbourne!

You do not need council permits if the tree is within 10 meters of the house irrespective of how big the tree is

Back