Tree Removal on Property - Does the builder need to pay for?

Hi there,

We are building an IP and for that a (huge) tree has been removed. Well, not really remved but only pushed over. This compmany has left the tree at the back of the property and charged us $100. They say to completly remove ithe tree would costs us around $1000.

So, I asked our builder if they can do it as I think it's part of their job anyway. "No, that's owner responsibility" was their reply !

Is that right ? Do we have to pay for removal of the tree from the property ? Is it really that expensive?

Thanks for your comments
Thomas

Monster,

What do you think would happen if you had 15 huge trees on your block. Do you think the Directors of the building company would gladly remove all 15 for you at no cost to you.

Site works are typically billed directly back to the Owner. I don't know a Building Co Director or solicitor that would accept that risk or cost, without passing it back to the Owner.

To minimise your costs, pop on your boots and overalls, pop on your gloves, eye protection and earplugs, crank up your trusty Stihl Farmboss chainsaw, and chop the thing up and cart it to the front verge where for $ 300 you can drop it piece by piece into a skip bin.

If you don't want to get dirt under your nails, or are allergic to sweating, then cough up the dosh to have men do the job for you.

Hi there,

We are building an IP and for that a (huge) tree has been removed. Well, not really remved but only pushed over. This compmany has left the tree at the back of the property and charged us $100. They say to completly remove ithe tree would costs us around $1000.

So, I asked our builder if they can do it as I think it's part of their job anyway. "No, that's owner responsibility" was their reply !

Is that right ? Do we have to pay for removal of the tree from the property ? Is it really that expensive?

Thanks for your comments
Thomas

Stick a sign out the front with "free firewood" on it and it'll be gone by tomorrow.

Or, don't put a sign out, and someone will get great pleasure from "stealing" it during the night.

i have just had to pay $150k to strip clay off a block... talk about a dent to profitability. no different to a tree or anything else. if it's your block it's your problem

wow, 150K ....alright ...I'll get the picture.
Okay, chainsaw ...here I come. Yes, the firewood idea is not too bad. I'll try that. Thanks guys for your comments...
Cheers
Thomas

Hey Mon,

Has the builder told you yet that you will also need to cough up extra dosh to put in extra piers foundations where said tree was.
This is cos of soil instability where tree stood.

As a small developer, I am absolutely allergic to trees.

I think that I shall never see,
A problem as lively as a tree.

:rolleyes:

Hi...
yes, we had some "additional site costs" but I am not sure if it was due to the stupid tree or just because the soil test classification (I think we got only a "H").

Yes, trees are great, but not on the building site.:mad: I have to get rid of this monster now. It's just massive :eek: But otherwise I am enjoying the small development stuff and the profits are just great .

Cheers thomas

Back