Trolls on SS

He is a she is a twit !!!

Its a him! Beebop! Check the affordability threads.
Yeah, I reciprocated the reference to the opposite gender though I started off calling him Betty Boop, Skater thanks for cleverly (and more fittingly) transitioning it to Betty Boob!!! Perfect fit for a perfect twit!!! :D

Let's put these comments in perspective

For those posters who have not been around prior to 2007, there was a civility if that is the right word amongst those who disagreed on SS.

The catalyst for the change was GFC and another website , now gone to cyber-God who had an alternative view on property investing. Their view was antagonistic and in my view underpinned the want for a political change about how we viewed housing in this country. There were a number of posters who came across to SS with an expressed view to agitate, be disruptive and outwardly hostile to property investors. They were the cause of properties becoming too expensive for them to buy. Comments relishing the supposed price crash, and they would be there to pick up the pieces. The terms specufestor originally emanated from there and was designed to be offensive, which funnily enough many here have taken on with a badge of honour and changed its meaning completely.

For a while, there was a significant number of these posters from this other site. It is not surprising that long term posters here became defensive and equally as aggressive in return. And since then, there has been a much smaller number admittedly, of these posters with a clear agenda to disrupt. You are seriously not expecting people here not to react?

At times, there are some people who may over-react and be sensitive to some posts with a more negative view of the world, but ultimately those who are legitimate have reasoned commentary and analysis remain and there are robust debates without deteriorating into slanging matches (well not often anyway) . Those who do not, are banned. And that's fair enough.

So for some of the recently joined posters who have joined SS, there is a journey this site had has with trolls or true agitators that may explain some of the attitudes around.

for me the last straw was a few posts belittling the respect, and reflection of the memories, of those that have served, fought and died for our country.

do those disrespectful antagonises really think that we, and many other countries in the world, would enjoy the same standard of life if nazi germany or dictatorhip japan or communist vietnam or communist korea had been allowed to continue on their rampage unabated?

we do not celebrate or glorify war as the americans do ... we reflect and give thanks and remember what was done on our behalf.

i know this is the wrong thread - but these comments were the last in a long line of nastiness that consumed otherwise positive, upbeat and forward thinking threads that were turned into cat fights.

ss was a much more friendly, pleasant and robustly debated place 3 years ago.

Last edited:
for me the last straw was a few posts belittling the respect, and reflection of the memories, of those that have served, fought and died for our country.

know this is the wrong thread - but these comments were the last in a long line of nastiness that consumed otherwise positive, upbeat and forward thinking threads that were turned into cat fights.

Yes, I'd like to see less of what you have described as well as getting rid of the trolls. FWIW, I feel that Betty Boob was allowed to continue for way too long and posters that display such an attitude should be dealt with promptly.

Yeah, I reciprocated the reference to the opposite gender though I started off calling him Betty Boop, Skater thanks for cleverly (and more fittingly) transitioning it to Betty Boob!!! Perfect fit for a perfect twit!!! :D

Without meaning to sound sexist, are you sure you spelled that right?

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. I can't help thinking about Twits!

I know they don't mean what they do, but they provoke me unrelentingly.

Try as might to ignore them, they inflame and incite and implore me.

Oh, Father, please put me at rest, and tell me: Is this natural?

Yours (on an IV rush),

Last edited:

do those disrespectful antagonises really think that we, and many other countries in the world, would enjoy the same standard of life if nazi germany or dictatorhip japan or communist vietnam or communist korea had been allowed to continue on their rampage unabated?

we do not celebrate or glorify war as the americans do ... we reflect and give thanks and remember what was done on our behalf.

i know this is the wrong thread - but these comments were the last in a long line of nastiness that consumed otherwise positive, upbeat and forward thinking threads that were turned into cat fights.

Bit of that going on now...

Back