Turning spare room into bathroom

Hi everyone, I am interested in turning a spare bedroom into another bathroom. The house (in SA) is a 4x1 and I'd like to convert the bedroom next to the laundry (which also happens to be the smallest) into another full bathroom. Is anybody prepared to give a ball park figure for a job like this? Bath, shower, toilet, vanity, tiles and associated plumbing etc.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas.

:confused:

what level of finish would you want? is it a basic tenanted bathroom? As you are in canberra I am assuming you would be doing none of the work yourself?

On another note have you asked local PM's if a 3x2 is better to rent/sell than a 4x1?

The house in question is currently an IP but will become our PPOR next year. We'll probaby wait until after we move in to do the reno. Also, my research via the internet is that 3x2 properties both rent and sell better than a 4x1. As far as finish goes..let's say above average as an example.

Thanks for the reply and any other thoughts.

Heh. At the moment I'd kill for a 4x1 (rent or buy) and wouldn't touch a 3x2 with a bargepole. Being squeezed into a 3 bedroom house is no fun.

Hi everyone, I am interested in turning a spare bedroom into another bathroom. The house (in SA) is a 4x1 and I'd like to convert the bedroom next to the laundry (which also happens to be the smallest) into another full bathroom. Is anybody prepared to give a ball park figure for a job like this? Bath, shower, toilet, vanity, tiles and associated plumbing etc. Thanks for your thoughts and ideas.:confused:

We have a 5 bed, 1 bathroom house I'm reno-ing at the moment, and plan to turn the 5th smaller bedroom into a basic ensuite/bathroom.

I'm planning a all-in-one shower cubicle (with acrylic backing sheet, no tiling), a nice vanity and toilet.

The costing of this is around $1000, with the plumbing being around another $1000. That's the annoying part! The rest of the room; tiling, etc... is a simple and fairly cheap process for me to do so really, a very nice bathroom should be around the $2000/ $2500 mark.

The plumbers I've had quotes from will all sign off on their work but Council approval is a bit of a grey area. ;)

Thanks, that's pretty cheap I reckon. The bathroom I am considering will be a full bathroom so more expensive. How are you tackling the plumbing? My house has a concrete floor so how can drains etc be iinstalled?

Thanks again.

Thanks, that's pretty cheap I reckon. The bathroom I am considering will be a full bathroom so more expensive. How are you tackling the plumbing? My house has a concrete floor so how can drains etc be iinstalled?
Thanks again.

We're fortunate in that this house is a weatherboard with some access underneath, even though it's a bit of a crawl where the new bathroom will be.

Your concrete floor will add lots more to the plumber quote I'd think, although your 'full' bathroom really isn't much more involved than my ensuite one. Add a bathtub at around $200 etc...

Of course, if you have to get tradies to do most of the work, then the sky's the limit!!:eek:

When I started renovating houses, with bugger-all experience, the quotes for what I now consider simple jobs were astronomical, and would have made renovating not worthwhile!

All the best with it.

Back