Tv - Show Renovators

None of the rooms impressed me last night ... my office is white with a deep red feature wall and matching deep red folders!

Glad to see Michael win something tho ... okay - got a "maternal" sweetness for him!

Agree :D
Though my teenage daughter likes Luke- must be the biceps!
Be interesting to see what happens tonight when the Khaki team is down to one person What the? :eek: I'd hate to be doing that big Castle Hill house all by my little lonesome.....

BTW what did you think of that amazing light fitting last night made from wagon spokes and film- talk about creative!

Hi Lizzie,

For some reason, the time slot is not getting to me...

I actually caught a glimpse of it perhaps two weekends ago...but couldn't catch on to why they were making tables in a trailer and not renovating a house?

I think, perhaps unfotunately alot of epople like myself won't find the time now to understand what is going on with the show.

or maybe it's just me....:eek:

Regards JO

Friday night Masterclass

We have been away so have missed a lot of episodes of The Renovators and came home to enjoy last night's show which covered colour selection, how to build a stud wall, plastering and styling a room. Also showcased was a great shop conversion.

Cheers
Sheryn

We have been away so have missed a lot of episodes of The Renovators and came home to enjoy last night's show which covered colour selection, how to build a stud wall, plastering and styling a room. Also showcased was a great shop conversion.

Cheers
Sheryn

I really enjoyed the colour selection, something I would never have known otherwise. I think they are trying to be all things to all people and missing out on what people expected. They seem to be trying to educate the public, telling you how to be a builder, interior decorator, throwing in a "survivor" element and in the background they just happen to be renovating houses as teams.

They are all meant to be experienced renovators, if I was on the show I would be thinking, stop all the silly games, training and exercises and let me get on with the huge amount of work to be done.

They are all meant to be experienced renovators, if I was on the show I would be thinking, stop all the silly games, training and exercises and let me get on with the huge amount of work to be done.

They are all meant to be experienced renovators, but the reality is that they are not. You have a lot of designers there, who have probably never got their hands dirty, so this is all new to them. Even those with experience, many of them don't actually do the work themselves, and of those that do, do the work themselves, most are not jack-of-all-trades.

I think this is why there are only a few of them that I actually like. Micheal being the best, I think.

I don't think they were meant to be experienced renovators. They pulled together a group of people with various skills in the industry to bring all different dimensions to the project.

There are tradies and designers and demolition experts and a farm manager. I think they are just people who "like" to think they can renovate.

I'm finding the styling parts really good - although I do know a lot of what they are doing, I'm still getting tips and confirmations.

Interestingly enough - after half a dozen reno's under my belt - and lots of plastering and sanding - I actually learnt the right was to plaster last night. Didn't know there was supposed to be a top coat stuff.

Didn't know there was supposed to be a top coat stuff.

I did! :p BUT, I seem to recall that we didn't use one the first few times we did plaster, so Hubby must have got a tip from somewhere. Probably at a Hardware store when he went to buy supplies.

I have stopped recording this and have been watching it on the net. Is anybody else having trouble getting the episodes to play. Some days I manage to have them play parts 1 - 4 automatically and other days I give up in frustration because I can only play part 1 and nothing else.

I'm sure it is "me" and not the site, but anybody else having difficulties?

yep ... I find if I fast forward thru bits then it mucks up the auto play - and once it's mucked up it's really hard to get it back on track without regoing into the website and starting again

Bye bye Kim ... can't be having you bickering all the time with your team mates who actually know what they are doing, and stuffing up everything you touch ... betcha tomorrow night!

Last edited:
And - I don't care if it's a "staged" exit. She needs to go.

LOL! I think the way they are doing the eliminations, it is easy to "stage" any of them, so I hope they make sure that she's gone. Glad Kelly went, and I don't care if that one was "staged" either.

I think some of you have been a bit hard on Kim - she is a good worker. Why are women so unkind to other women ;) But she is the odd one out compared with the rest of the team. Lisa is so up herself :eek: The team will be more design/decoration oriented rather than balanced if Kim goes which may set them further back.

What I found annoying is that the team facing an elimination tonight was based on their "renovating work" however the contest tonight will be based on design/decoration. As far as I am concerned the building work is 90% of renovating, only 10% decoration, therefore the weakest link in renovating the house may not be the weakest link tonight in the white room!

BTW girls, there are more contestants than Michael on the show. Some of the female contestants aren't bad on the eye either :D Too bad Tina went, but Nathan found another nice wife!

It is hard to imagine Jarrad as a REA, quite reserved. Surprised at his white room last week, did well with decoration. As renovating runs in the family some must have rubbed off.

I think some of you have been a bit hard on Kim - she is a good worker. Why are women so unkind to other women ;) But she is the odd one out compared with the rest of the team. Lisa is so up herself :eek: The team will be more design/decoration oriented rather than balanced if Kim goes which may set them further back.

Kim IS a hardworker, but she always butts heads with the rest of her team. She doesn't listen to anyone else and does her own thing, making her a liability. I don't like Lisa much either, BTW, but she can work well with the boys, so she appears to be an asset to the team.

BTW girls, there are more contestants than Michael on the show. Some of the female contestants aren't bad on the eye either :D Too bad Tina went, but Nathan found another nice wife!

True, but you know, I don't like him because he's easy on the eye because I completely HATE the dreadlocks thing he's got going. I like him because he appears to be a genuinely nice guy, and a very talented hard worker.

[/QUOTE]

Back