Tv - Show Renovators

After 3 episodes I definitely prefer this show over Block. The obvious product replacements and mentioning sponsors names all the time is annoying in Block.

What was Jason thinking yesterday when choosing weatherboard house? :confused: I am not sure about the areas but I thought 'half done house' was the best after Terrace was taken.

The host was on the radio this morning explaining how 26 people can get into 6 houses. The person holding the key can still be eliminated so it doesn't mean that they are safe and can win the prize. So there will be 6 teams of 4 in the houses that they have to renovate. When all the houses are picked, the team lead can choose who they want in their house. Then within the houses they might go into elimination and still get booted out.

Man this is like survivor but with renos.

The prices they paid also seem a little strange. Perhaps the costs include stamps and legals? The numbers would then make a bit more sense.
I am starting to think that the Blacktown or Parramatta houses might be the best in terms of a % profit making venture...

I am starting to think that the Blacktown or Parramatta houses might be the best in terms of a % profit making venture...

Not so sure on that one Perky. They paid over $300k for the Blacktown property. It's only a two bedder. In an above post I found a two bedder in much better condition @ list price around $300k, another not too much over that price. These homes are liveable as is, while the properties they bought are not.

Of course, the ones I found might be in a crap part of Blacktown and their one could be in a good part.

After 3 episodes I definitely prefer this show over Block. The obvious product replacements and mentioning sponsors names all the time is annoying in Block.

What was Jason thinking yesterday when choosing weatherboard house? :confused: I am not sure about the areas but I thought 'half done house' was the best after Terrace was taken.

I'd consider timber easier to work with rather than brick when it comes to extending- a little more "forgivable" as well :D

How tall is Jason??! Man, he would be handy painting my cornices :D

can someone pleeease shoot that dust-phobic hippie.

How the hell can you reno if you have a fear of dust! :confused::rolleyes:

Oh the dust guy. I was so hoping that the leader would select him to sit out the next challenge. He was certainly not a team player.

Spot on, Kelly is a pain to watch, is not a team player, has no respect for the team leader, is uncontrollable. Two nights in a row, it is only a matter of time before someone uses a nail gun to turn him into a sun worshiping fixture on a fence :D. How in the world has he renovated over the last 20 years without creating dust. I think he has inhaled too much of the other stuff ;)

I thought the yellow team blonde chick came across as nice and stuck up "i know this area and have made millions flipping properties exactly like this one and they dont ask my opinion"

:eek: She is a friend of a mate, but I was thinking along the same lines when I heard her say it. However she does have some good credentials behind her, but like others they may never get the chance to shine. I think the tradies will be the stand out performers as they have the experience to get in and get the work done very quickly, but may be struggling with the final decoration touches.

I think the tradies will be the stand out performers as they have the experience to get in and get the work done very quickly, but may be struggling with the final decoration touches.

Only time will tell if this turns to be really 'Renovators' challenge, or 'decorators and interior designers' challenge. At the moment I am not sure ;)

But he now has the half done house ... I was hoping he took the shop as I got the feeling he could do something really interesting with it.

I guess they'll get a lot of tradies in for the "heavy" work - and do the cosmetic stuff themselves.

I guess they'll get a lot of tradies in for the "heavy" work - and do the cosmetic stuff themselves.

Lizzie,

Hopefully you are wrong. If the show's name is 'renovators' they really should do all by themselves, not only decorating. :( There are many tradies in the show, so team captains (key owners) should choose their team wisely and try to get all type of skills to their team.

Not so sure on that one Perky. They paid over $300k for the Blacktown property. It's only a two bedder. In an above post I found a two bedder in much better condition @ list price around $300k, another not too much over that price. These homes are liveable as is, while the properties they bought are not.

Of course, the ones I found might be in a crap part of Blacktown and their one could be in a good part.

I think that the 309k price does include stamps and conveyancing - I notice tonights show the presenter actually did say it included that. So maybe the price was a little below 300k?
I then checked part 6 (on the net - 6/6 parts) to the previous shows and the presenter never mentions the stamps and legals. Maybe the producers realised they weren't giving the full picture in the prices paid?

As they said "the shop front is in a major flood plain".. are there no restrictions in Sydney for building a habitable level in a flood plain? :confused: Especially since the use is changing from commercial to residential??

Well finally sat down and watched the first few episodes last night. It is a great show, love that it is so fast paced, beautiful styling. I am hooked.

That hippie, he sure is a pain,

As they said "the shop front is in a major flood plain".. are there no restrictions in Sydney for building a habitable level in a flood plain? :confused: Especially since the use is changing from commercial to residential??

I thought I miss heard that it was in a flood plain, well for a start the place is on the back foot as far as i'm concerned in trying to get max % to win the show.

I would assume banks will have a play in lending on a place in a known flood plain.

Brian

I think that the 309k price does include stamps and conveyancing - I notice tonights show the presenter actually did say it included that. So maybe the price was a little below 300k?
I then checked part 6 (on the net - 6/6 parts) to the previous shows and the presenter never mentions the stamps and legals. Maybe the producers realised they weren't giving the full picture in the prices paid?

Good point Perky. That would mean that they did pay less than $300K for a house in Blacktown, and if it's in a reasonable street, that's not bad buying. In fact, they all seem like quite reasonable prices. Not like the block, where they seemed to pay above top dollar.

I can't wait to see what they do with the shop. Looks like a good challenge. I'm also not so sure that the terrace will definitely come out trumps because of its location. It is all about percentage increase. Maybe the blacktown or castle hill houses could be in the running?

Anyway, I'm thoroughly enjoying the show. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

I thought I miss heard that it was in a flood plain, well for a start the place is on the back foot as far as i'm concerned in trying to get max % to win the show.

I would assume banks will have a play in lending on a place in a known flood plain.

Brian

I didn't hear flood plain but flight path instead....

Good point Perky. That would mean that they did pay less than $300K for a house in Blacktown, and if it's in a reasonable street, that's not bad buying. In fact, they all seem like quite reasonable prices. Not like the block, where they seemed to pay above top dollar.

I would think that The Block prices would be higher than market because finding and convincing four vendors in a row would make the prices higher. The producers really becomes an "over-anxious buyer".

Buying individual houses all over the city would have to be easier and better able to be negotiated.

Back