unable to contact Property Mgr!

Hi all,

Have been having a bit of a problem with our PM in Redcliffe (QLD) lately: taking long to reply to my emails, incorrect financial statements, rent arrears not followed up, routine inspections not carried out on time,..

I will be looking at changing PMs, and have been trying to reach the licensee to express my dissatisfaction with their services and to see if anything is being done. I have left several messages since last week, at the office and on their mobile - but no reply. I have also left messages for the PM, but nobody has called back. Today I rang the general office number & there was an automated message (normally they have a receptionist answering all calls). I also tried the rental department number and it said the number is disconnected!

So I am getting very worried at this stage! :confused: What if our PM agency is in financial problems and is closing down or something... what if they will be receiving my tenants' rent and not passing on to us?? I have been unable to contact them so am not sure what's going on... I live interstate so cannot check their office.

What can I do.... helpppp!

Thanks to anyone with advice
Scoofy

Maybe nicely ask one of the Qld brigade close by on here to pop their head in for you when they are next out and about and see if the PM office is still functioning ??

Redland area has a bank holiday today (Monday 10 August) so that is why you may not be able to contact your PM.

Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks that's a relief! I'll be on the phone first thing in the morning :)

Anyone with a recommendation for a PM on the Redcliffe Peninsula?

Redland area has a bank holiday today (Monday 10 August) so that is why you may not be able to contact your PM.

Good luck tomorrow.

Redland and Redcliffe are many kilometres apart - Redcliffe is north of Brissie and the Redlands south/east of Brissie! :eek:

But, yes, Redlands (and other outer Brisbane areas) did have a holiday for the Ekka (Brisbane Show) yesterday and the normal Ekka holiday for the BCC area is on Wednesday.

If you're still having trouble with contacting your PM, Scoofy, PM me with their details, and I'll ask some friends who live up that way to check things out for you.

Cheers
LynnH

Last edited:
Try all the usual ways of contact, phone, email (read receipt), fax and mail. Give them a time limit to respond and inform them if they don't you will be cancelling their services.

If you hear nothing inform another PM to take over and let them chase up your previous PM for file and moneys held owing to you.

Chasing up poor PMs is both time consuming and frustrating. Employ another PM that has been recommended (if possible) to get your portfolio running smoothly again.

Best of luck
Peter
www.cashflowcalculators.com.au
www.privaterealestate.net.au

same things happen to me

Hi Scoofy,

Your situation is exactly the same happening to me. The best solution is :
1. Get a new property manager with good reputation. Talk about your condition. If that PM wants to take over your property, sign the agreement with that new PM and send a withdrawal letter to your current PM.
2. Go to Real Estate Board Agency website. You could lodge your complain through its website. Normally a week after, your problem will be sorted out and your new PM will l take over the lease agreement. And also dont forget to get a copy of the tenants agreement from the sh#t agent and initial property inspections reports as well as your documents might be used in the future when you need them.

Hope you can solve the problems very soon.

if you want to share more, you could email me. Good luck.

thanks,

Hi

Hi

You could also give them notice immediately - send them a letter or email if you have it giving them notice that you are ending the agreement. (hopefully you changed the agreement to say 30 days notice instead of the 90 most agents normally insert!) But either way the sooner you give them notice sooner you can be out.
While the notice period is running out you can be researching other agents there are plenty around but several bad ones on the Peninsula to steer clear of.

SB

Hi Scoofy,

Try giving Donna a call at Graham Cannon First National. She is fantastic!

07 3283 6222

Regards Jo

I suggest replacing the PM immediately. To avoid future problems, always make the notice period for termination 28 days max - most agreements automatically say 90 days.

We had a slack PM a couple of years ago, each time we were on the point of moving she came good. Eventually went broke. PM had installed a new tenant two weeks before the receivers moved in, tenant had paid the 4 week bond + 2 weeks rent (at $360 pw) in cash. Thankfully for us tenant had kept the receipt, so we eventually claimed the money through the Department of Fair Trading, but it took about 10 months and a fair bit of paperwork.

Moral of the story: once you sense trouble - move.
Marg

don't Blame the Pm

I work as a BDM in Brisbane and am looking to open my own agency soon and thought I would give you a few facts that may help you understand why property management has a bad customer service rapt

What the agencies don’t tell you in that on average one property manager works with between 150 and 200 properties some are lucky to get an assistant that’s around $250,000 in turnover per Pm

And most of them get pressured to gain new business have to do all the marketing, scripts, vendor feedback, inspections, tenant sign ups, maintenance and a lot more

And do you know the average wage for a PM in Brisbane $40K no wonder they don’t return phone calls, emails

This is the main issue with the current system and why most people find they have a new PM every 8 to 12 months as there old one thinks they are going to greener fields or burns out.

But the problem I have is they say rental express and pro rentals have one PM to 60 to 100 properties

And yet from reading other blogs on this site they are not doing any better

So what’s the solution would love your thoughts

Back