Useless floor plan

Wondering what creative changes anyone could come up with for this floor plan. If the house goes cheap it would be a good buy as it is in a fab position.
It is a 2 storey townhouse with a single garage (score 1 against it). Has been on the market for 9mths. You walk in the front door into a main bedroom sized lounge, through here, past the stairs on right with laundry on the left, then into the open kitchen/dining/lounge at the end.
Result is, the lounge is so isolated it would be unuseable. You can't break through into the kitchen (and so integrate it a bit) because the stairs are in the way. Any creative ideas appreciated

Thought of someone who wants to use it as a home office, would be good to bring clients straight into, but it would be limiting it for resale. On the other hand, I would only be renting it out so perhaps thats the tentants problem. I guess I worry about if I did want to resell it down the track

Sorry I dont know how to load plans. If you follow in from the front door like I said in the original post, the rooms follow through. You can't open it up, because from the front door, you are in the lounge room with garage on left, staircase ahead on right, little laundry on left, then you are through into open plan kitchen, dining/lounge. This went to auction last week and they didn't even have anyone registered to bid and had to call it off. With a better floor plan even in this economic climate it would have to be worth $550(originall on market at $575) vendor bid at $460. I would offer $430 if I could figure out what to do with it. Convinced single garage and useless seperated living room are the problems

move the L'dry to the garage and knock out the walls if you can might be an idea, depends on the size of the garage to.

The garage is only a single so wouldnt want to use any of that space, and this would only make a wider passage into the kitchen/dining/living area.Did think of shifting laundry over to the other side of the passage, under the stairs, which would free up the laundry to make it a studio or office (a whole room for a laundry is such a waste of space).

Back