Valentine's Day

Got a phone call from the Toyboy who is working out west at present...he's at a mine, and they don't have a florist there. That was a nice surprise. I sms'd him a photo of a red rose....quick delivery guaranteed! :)

PS Luce, I was on my own for some years and eventually summoned up the courage to do the RSVP thingie. V happy with the results...its been 7 1/2 months now.:)

Mark, you could at least ask Luce out for a drink...given that you've both met on the internet! Might be the gentlemanly thing to do, eh!;)

Mark, you could at least ask Luce out for a drink...given that you've both met on the internet! Might be the gentlemanly thing to do, eh!;)

I would, but I'm not a fan of redheads. Besides, she lives very far away from me. Hope you find someone soon, Lucy!

Mark

Rob gave me chocolates Feb 13 , just because he wanted it to be a surprise.

Sorry Luce...I didn't know you had separated from you bf.

I would, but I'm not a fan of redheads.
Mark, I'm not going to suggest that you should ask anybody out for a drink unless you want to... but out of curiosity, would you really discount somebody because of the colour of their hair? I thought only my (much-loved but decidedly shallow) sister would do something like that. :rolleyes:

Well I got the full treatment...beachside picnic, champagne and beautiful sunset:)

Thing is, Mr Tiz is about to go work on a mine also, so maybe my beach picnics are a thing of the past :eek:

Here's another view.

StV's day was never a part of my upbriniging. It was always only something you heard about in the American magazines.

I've been in a lot of trouble about this in 20 years of marriage. Because MrsW comes from a place where it is a special day.

And it does seem now that the florists and card companies have finally succeeded in making this day a special one.

Perhaps a "Bah humbug" day.

But, for us, at least an excuse to get dinner at the local club instead of having to cook at home.

And, hey, we won the Valentine's Day draw at the club. A Pink teddy bear.

Well, it wasn't so much of a draw, it was actually a coin toss.

So much for that club promotion ;)

Don't worry luce, my valentines day wasn't so exciting either. It was spent having drinks with some other single friends, talking about how much we didn't care about valentines day. Great night actually!

It's just me, a home delivered pizza, my pyjama pants and the internet.

<sniff>

out of curiosity, would you really discount somebody because of the colour of their hair?

Yes I would - and I have in the past. Some people think that's shallow, I think that physical attraction, whilst not the most important aspect of being attracted to someone, still plays a part. I've never once met anyone in my life who doesn't take physical attraction into consideration on some level, whether they will admit it or not. Unless we're talking about gold diggers.

Mark

Silly part is that someone could decide not to pursue someone based (even partly) on the colour of their hair, only to find they have coloured it. Wouldn't that be a shame :rolleyes:

I remember seeing a photo that luce.rocks has in the gallery once of her in overalls looking way better than many women look when they are dressed up, and thinking what a lovely looking young woman, and impressed at her abilities and grit. I just checked and found two women in overalls, and I am assuming one is luce.rocks.

Don't worry luce.rocks, they will be knocking on your door soon (that is..... if you want them to). It always amazes me too, that people think that somehow every woman MUST HAVE a man to make them complete (and vice versa for the men of course).

Last edited:
Back