Viewing Real estate on Google Maps and Google Earth

Hi Phezz,

What a great idea! I'll definately use this. A great way to see how much prices have moved.

Is it possible to have the links to the actual listing? It looks like only the address and asking price is displayed.

Cheers,
Ozi

Thanks Phezz.

Ozi, Id say not because the agents would delete the lisitngs from the real estate search enigine/s that "old lisitings" is powered from.

Thanks Rick. I think you may be right! It would be good if SuburbView could cache/backup the old listings. Might not be possible/legal though.

CHeers,
Ozi

I have tried to get the most generic data possible. So that includes Price, rooms, bathrooms etc...

Cache/backing up the listings would be too much, and isn't something I am looking at doing.

At the end of the day Suburb View and Old Listings are created by me, to give me the best available tools when searching for property. It just happens that they are both web sites that everybody can use.

As for links, I find that after a couple weeks once the property is sold, it is removed from the sites, so what you would of found is a whole bunch of "not listed" links. So its just easier to give a brief summary.

I just did a comparison of New Auckland... I happened to notice that the same address was on Both!

The original price for a 3 bedroom house near me was listed for $289,000 in May this year... and now it's on the market again for $369,000

Not too bad if you can make $80,000 in 6 months!! :)

Considering RP Data et al make you pay for sales results I very much doubt you'll get a free site.
allhomes.com.au does list sold properties for the last 14 years for Canberra and some surrounds, but that's all I know of.

How about the next best thing?
Considering I now have over a years old real estate listings, I have created :
http://www.oldlistings.com.au

The links should now appear on Suburb View. Because I don't have access to the finial Sold price, this site should be used to give a general idea what it was listed at, etc

Now in other news, I now know who uses Suburb View. My Parents. They used the site, and have their first Investment property. Now if only I didn't spend every free minute on the site, and get to more Open Inspections, my property will be next :D

This is great phezz. Very useful to be able to go back through time.

There is a lot of historical data though.

It might be usuful to create a search by street name within a suburb as there are too many pages to go through for some suburbs.

Cheers,

Considering RP Data et al make you pay for sales results I very much doubt you'll get a free site.
allhomes.com.au does list sold properties for the last 14 years for Canberra and some surrounds, but that's all I know of.

Actually domain.com.au shows a map of 'recently sold' properties if you do a search by suburb. It may not be the whole market, but does give you a good indication of actual SALE prices.

Cheers,

This is great phezz. Very useful to be able to go back through time.

There is a lot of historical data though.

It might be usuful to create a search by street name within a suburb as there are too many pages to go through for some suburbs.

Cheers,

Have to agree, some results have over 10 pages, makes it difficult and somewhat time consuming to go through all to verify if an address is in there.

BTW, I have only just stumbled on this thread (can't believe its been around for over 12 months!) and like everyone else's comments, what a fantastic resource and site. How did your search go to purchase a PPOR/IP?

In anyacse. this will now supercede the likes of RE.com & domain.com for me! Congrats phezz...

Feature suggestion

Excellent work Phezz!

May I suggest a feature?

It would be really helpful to be able to sort the properties in the side list by latest listing, so that when you are doing the same search daily it is easier to see just the new listings.

Cheers,

Dusty

Back